12 replies to this topic

#1 NRG x GTR Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

NRG x GTR
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
hey guys... new to the forums!

i just recently purchased a second-hand 2010 GTR last week. i've noticed that my radio keeps saying "IPOD NOT CONNECTED" every time i restart the car. i believe it's the factory OEM system. the ipod plug is found in the glovebox of the car. the only fix is for me to completely disconnected the ipod physically, and then reconnected the ipod. i made sure it wasn't a loose connection from the ipod to the cable itself. not sure if it's maybe a loose connection behind the radio... but then it wouldn't make sense how the car can re-connect the ipod simply by me reconnecting the cord to the ipod. anyone else experience anything like this? thanks!

CURRENT GARAGE: 2005 lamborghini gallardo | 2010 nissan GTR (black) | 2012 bmw 525i (msport) | 2013 scion FRS 10-series | 2014 tesla model-s p85+
PAST GARAGE: 09 BMW 335i coupe | 04 Honda S2000 | 08 Lexus GS350 | 05 Lotus Elise | 95 Acura NSX-T | 93 Acura NSX | 03 Infiniti G35 coupe | etc |

#2 teedog Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

teedog
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 208 posts
I have a '09 and I have the same problem, but mine is sporadic.  Is this a defect with my OEM system or just the way these work or could it be my ipod 1st gen????  :dunno:  Too bad they didn't include a regular stereo jack also, so I could use my Android phone to use Pandora or Slacker radio, nothing wrong with choices.

Edited by teedog, 20 February 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#3 NRG x GTR Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

NRG x GTR
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
do you think nissan will cover under warranty to install a new IPOD adapter?

CURRENT GARAGE: 2005 lamborghini gallardo | 2010 nissan GTR (black) | 2012 bmw 525i (msport) | 2013 scion FRS 10-series | 2014 tesla model-s p85+
PAST GARAGE: 09 BMW 335i coupe | 04 Honda S2000 | 08 Lexus GS350 | 05 Lotus Elise | 95 Acura NSX-T | 93 Acura NSX | 03 Infiniti G35 coupe | etc |

#4 br0 Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

br0
  • Members
  • Fastest GTR in the world

• PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
Mine did this today, said "IPOD not connected" or whatever.
I just hit play anyway, and the music still started. I have an old ipod though, so idk.

#5 NRG x GTR Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

NRG x GTR
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

View Postbr0, on 21 February 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

Mine did this today, said "IPOD not connected" or whatever.
I just hit play anyway, and the music still started. I have an old ipod though, so idk.

so if you just hit play, it starts to play even though the car says "not connected"? i'll try that.

#6 VashTS Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

VashTS
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 563 posts
Hi, first congratulations on the new car :)  I tend to get this problem when I am skipping through songs real quick.  I found I need to skip about 5-10 songs, then take a 2 second break, and then continue.  However, at most I would get a message saying Ipod disconnected and then wait a few seconds and then it reconnects on it's own.  Another thing I found this problem occurred more frequently on my old ipod nano, and recently I lost my nano.  So I bought the new ipod shuffle I noticed that the problem has reduced significantly.  On rare occasions I would get the ipod disconnected and it won't reconnect.  I would just disconnect and reconnect and it would work.  I would recommend you start with a fully charged ipod, and make sure your ipod is in fact being charged through the connecter.  Hope this helps :)

2010 US Spec GT-R Pearl White, Black interior.
Currently installed:
Electrical: Navigation solution for the Middle East, front and rear view camera.
Looks: CF side vents, front grill cover, hood vents, side mirror bottoms, WALD CF rear diffuser, and WALD CF spoiler cover. Full engine bay Password JDM CF covers.
Performance: AMS Intercooler, AMS non-catted downpipes, TSM 1000 injectors, HKS DCT Cooler, Willall Transmission fluid, Dodson Transmission filter, AMS coolant tank, HKS resonated mid pipe, and Cobb dyno tuned by Doug@TopSpeed Motorsports. Gotboost intakes installed with K&N filters and outwear covers, and Gotboost Intercooler pipes. AP Racing J hook front and rear rotors. Forged brake lines installed, and Endless MX72 brakes pads installed. Currently using Endless braking fluid. Greddy Power Extreme PE-R exhaust installed.
2012 Refresh Plan Started: Brand RR front 2012 look bumper installed with LEDs, 2012 Premium wheels. Radio/AC Panel replaced, and gear knob replaced.
Future Mod plans: CF interior/exterior.

Supported by Topspeed Motorsports

Posted Image

#7 NRG x GTR Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

NRG x GTR
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
so i have the new generation ipod nanos. it looks like every time i shut off the car, and after a few minutes, the ipod just shuts off (almost like it goes into sleep mode) even when music WAS playing before turning off the car. if i hit the power/wake button on the nano, the GTR will auto-reconnect it. any ideas on how to change the powering settings on these ipods? or is this something that the headunit handles?

#8 BoB-O Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

BoB-O
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 40 posts
I just got a new iPod touch (to do WiFi sync) and am seeing the exact same thing in my 2009.  Did anyone ever solve this?

#9 Mark'sGTR Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

Mark'sGTR
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
I've got a 2009 and I get this same problem.  It's freakin' annoying.  From what I can determine it appears mostly when the iPod is completely drained, however, it has also disconnected when there was at least 50% battery life left.  And for those who tell me to get an adapter to make sure the iPod charges I already got one and it still didn't solve the problem.  I also thought it was the connector not sitting "fit" with the iPod so i got an Ipod extender which seemed to sit tight with the OEM ipod attachment, but that still didn't work.

I"ve just about given up hope.  I did talk to my dealer about it, but they weren't very helpful.  For now if I really need to use my iPod I just make sure it's fully charged and say a prayer that it doesn't disconnect in the next 2-3 days.  Knowing that this thread is out there is nice though in case I need to have my dealer service consultant pull it up; hopefully they won't think I'm totally crazy.

Personally, I think the OEM cable is faulty in some manner.  It's like there is a short in it or something.

Tomorrow is not promised.

#10 949gtr Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

949gtr
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
This is driving me nuts, I am almost at the point that i'll get the new radio with bluetooth. I have XM but come on, I want my music and pandora. ANY ONE had this fixed, or a new cable run?

09 GT-R SS, carbon lip, grill. ECUTEK Stg 1+, GotBoost intake, Jdm non-res mid, 12 inlets.
sponsored by TemeculaFarmers.com
gtr and zero.7.jpg

#11 MROGTR Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

MROGTR
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 304 posts
same prob. ipod nano

#12 VashTS Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

VashTS
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 563 posts
I tried to use the previous generation of iPod Touch, and found the disconnects were horrendous.  To this day I have been using the iPod Shuffle I mentioned in my earlier post with some problems.  Like I said if your the type that fast forwards alot, and switches songs alot.  You will be facing that nasty disconnect problem.  In my case it comes up I wait a second or two, and then it reconnects.  I found the best way is to create a playlist on your iPad of songs you will like, and just shuffle the songs.

Edited by VashTS, 18 December 2012 - 06:13 AM.

2010 US Spec GT-R Pearl White, Black interior.
Currently installed:
Electrical: Navigation solution for the Middle East, front and rear view camera.
Looks: CF side vents, front grill cover, hood vents, side mirror bottoms, WALD CF rear diffuser, and WALD CF spoiler cover. Full engine bay Password JDM CF covers.
Performance: AMS Intercooler, AMS non-catted downpipes, TSM 1000 injectors, HKS DCT Cooler, Willall Transmission fluid, Dodson Transmission filter, AMS coolant tank, HKS resonated mid pipe, and Cobb dyno tuned by Doug@TopSpeed Motorsports. Gotboost intakes installed with K&N filters and outwear covers, and Gotboost Intercooler pipes. AP Racing J hook front and rear rotors. Forged brake lines installed, and Endless MX72 brakes pads installed. Currently using Endless braking fluid. Greddy Power Extreme PE-R exhaust installed.
2012 Refresh Plan Started: Brand RR front 2012 look bumper installed with LEDs, 2012 Premium wheels. Radio/AC Panel replaced, and gear knob replaced.
Future Mod plans: CF interior/exterior.

Supported by Topspeed Motorsports

Posted Image

#13 Shipwreck Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Shipwreck
  • Members
  • driving big boats

• PipPip
  • 455 posts
Same problems here. My 2009, disconnects my iPod all the time. I have an older 32gig iPod touch. From my experience, the disconnections were because of the connection contact... Like it was too loose or something.  It would be fine until the car hit the slightest bump in the road. To remedy this problem I would twist the wire in such a way to increase the contact pressure --- then put all the GTR manuals/documents in the glovebox on top of the iPod-twisted-wire-connection to hold it in place. Pretty ghetto for an expensive car, but this usually works to fix my disconnection problem. BTW, my iPod connects with every other device using that connection so I'm pretty sure the problem isn't my iPod.

'09 Super Silver GT-R || Switzer P800

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users