89 replies to this topic

#1 Scott@Kaizentuning Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

Scott@Kaizentuning
  • International Vendor
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Hey all

Cobb and Bulletproof were nice enough to ship out the AP for the R35 to me a wee bit early so I can have it for my track day tomorrow.  They worked hard and got the system out to me and in my hands today.  I wanted to give you all a little review as i have been driving all day today.  

You get the box, open her up and in it is a cable, an OBD2 link, a CD, and instructions.  Included in mine was a note from the Cobb staff that they busted ass to get this to me.  :shiftdrive:  You plug it in, put the car in accessory mode and the programer comes to life.  Comes up with a picture of a white GTR, so you know you have the right stuff.  It then goes to a menu were you select different options, Flash maps, diagnostics, trouble shooting, unit info...  I wanted to flash a stage 1 map, so I selected flash map.  It ready your ECU and asks you a few simple questions.  One thing, be sure you drive the car around a bit and charge your battery and get the car to temp first.  Now, it asks you if you want to save your stock info.  I said yes, and it took about 30 min to DL.  I then drove the car around a bit and got the temps back up.  I then selected the Stage 1 93 Octane map.  For stage 1 it has a 91 and 93 octane map.  Stage 2 maps were also included.  Takes about 6 min to flash.  You turn the car off, turn it back on, and you have complete the install.  :nana:  EASY.  

Now, I take the car out.   Since the Cobb system reset the ECU, I let it figure out the fuel maps for a mile or so before stepping into it.    Once you do...  Well the car was very fast stock.  THe turbos never seemed to have been let go to have the big turbo punch.  I can tell you once you step on it, it is like someone let the cork out of this car.  WOWOWOW!  Just stage 1 and huge noticeable difference in torque.  The car pulls right to redline now, and has the big turbo punch in the face.  From a dead stop it is just scary fast.  Now, from speed, it is also pulling very hard.  Its like some sort of animal got unleashed in this thing.    You guys are going to like this.

Guys, if you done have one on order yet, get one RIGHT NOW.  Easy power.  I dont want to guess at what it makes, but it is significant.  This is the first mad in any BPU (Supra term) upgrade list.  I cant wait to get stage 2!  Awesome experience and tank you again to Mike at BulletProof for making it happen!  

Scott

Edited by Scotts-GTR, 20 August 2008 - 05:28 PM.

2013 R35 BE
Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com

#2 ShahulX Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts
nice man!!! :shiftdrive:  hey COBB and BP!!! where is mine? i paid already too :nana:  I need it for a track day too... lol...

thanks man, great review and thanks for teh tips of getting the battery charged and temps up ...

sounds amazing

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#3 Scott@Kaizentuning Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:39 PM

Scott@Kaizentuning
  • International Vendor
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Your going to like this thing.    Easy, punch in the face power.

2013 R35 BE
Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com

#4 ShahulX Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:44 PM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts
im glad, i ordered it on Monday... hope i get it soon, glad to hear it has maps for 93 oct...

so it plugs into a port near the hood release? easy to take off the panel?

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#5 Kunani Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

Kunani
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
I really want this thing.. but I already get a punch in the face on my stock car. Is it REALLY that big of a difference for a stage 1 remap???? I mean, worth possibly voiding your warranty, etc?

#6 Scott@Kaizentuning Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

Scott@Kaizentuning
  • International Vendor
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

View PostKunani, on Aug 20 2008, 07:49 PM, said:

I really want this thing.. but I already get a punch in the face on my stock car. Is it REALLY that big of a difference for a stage 1 remap???? I mean, worth possibly voiding your warranty, etc?

I think so.  But that is me.  This car is not a UFO, its just like nay other car.  A dealer is not going to dig int othe ECU unless you break something and make em look for it.

2013 R35 BE
Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com

#7 ShahulX Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts
it is to me... not that i need it, this car is fast enough for most anyone... it ...just... FUN... i like playing with my cars

[/b]
[/color]

#8 Scott@Kaizentuning Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

Scott@Kaizentuning
  • International Vendor
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

View PostShahulX, on Aug 20 2008, 07:44 PM, said:

im glad, i ordered it on Monday... hope i get it soon, glad to hear it has maps for 93 oct...

so it plugs into a port near the hood release? easy to take off the panel?

Mine did not have a cover.  But yes, the OBD2 port.

2013 R35 BE
Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com

#9 ShahulX Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

View PostScotts-GTR, on Aug 20 2008, 07:56 PM, said:

I think so.  But that is me.  This car is not a UFO, its just like nay other car.  A dealer is not going to dig int othe ECU unless you break something and make em look for it.

i agree 100%.... plus most of em wont want to mess with it much out of fear

[/b]
[/color]

#10 ShahulX Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:59 PM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts
oh, i didnt even look, thanks Scott

[/b]
[/color]

#11 ShahulX Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:00 PM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts
the accessport doesnt affect launch controls does it?

[/b]
[/color]

#12 Scott@Kaizentuning Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

Scott@Kaizentuning
  • International Vendor
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Nope.  I tried it.  :D

2013 R35 BE
Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com

#13 ShahulX Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts
nice... i still have yet to try the LC.....

[/b]
[/color]

#14 stevefromatl Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

stevefromatl
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 159 posts
Thanks for the review.  I'll probably wait quite a while before mine deviates from stock.  I would like to know the actual measurable difference, such as horsepower, quarter mile time, etc.

The boost now goes from 10 to 14 psi?  Is that right?

#15 ShahulX Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts
i can try my dynolicious iphone app on it :shiftdrive:

[/b]
[/color]

#16 BPAuto Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:48 PM

BPAuto
  • Premier International Vendor
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
Final numbers now available here:

http://www.nagtroc.o...t=0#entry346230

-Mike Bratcher

Posted Image

...[a Bespoke Venture]...
t. 213.745.6954 | sales@gt-rr.com Official North American Distributor: Top Secret, Amuse, Mines...

#17 BPAuto Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:55 PM

BPAuto
  • Premier International Vendor
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

View PostShahulX, on Aug 20 2008, 04:37 PM, said:

nice man!!! :shiftdrive:  hey COBB and BP!!! where is mine? i paid already too :nana:  I need it for a track day too... lol...

thanks man, great review and thanks for teh tips of getting the battery charged and temps up ...

sounds amazing

These still have not "officially" been released. Scott is an exception due to the already excellent relationship he has built with us at GT-RR and Cobb Tuning. I will be sure to get out the rest of these systems once they get into our hands!

-Mike Bratcher

Posted Image

...[a Bespoke Venture]...
t. 213.745.6954 | sales@gt-rr.com Official North American Distributor: Top Secret, Amuse, Mines...

#18 ShahulX Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts
wow... Great gains... 63hp!!! Good torque too... Awesome , thanks mike and thanks Cobb!!

[/b]
[/color]

#19 ShahulX Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:44 PM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

View PostBPAuto, on Aug 20 2008, 08:55 PM, said:

These still have not "officially" been released. Scott is an exception due to the already excellent relationship he has built with us at GT-RR and Cobb Tuning. I will be sure to get out the rest of these systems once they get into our hands!

-Mike Bratcher

It's cool... :shiftdrive:  I appreciate it

[/b]
[/color]

#20 gtrcowboy Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

gtrcowboy
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

View PostScotts-GTR, on Aug 20 2008, 05:26 PM, said:

Now, I take the car out. Since the Cobb system reset the ECU, I let it figure out the fuel maps for a mile or so before stepping into it. Once you do... Well the car was very fast stock. THe turbos never seemed to have been let go to have the big turbo punch. I can tell you once you step on it, it is like someone let the cork out of this car. WOWOWOW! Just stage 1 and huge noticeable difference in torque. The car pulls right to redline now, and has the big turbo punch in the face. From a dead stop it is just scary fast. Now, from speed, it is also pulling very hard. Its like some sort of animal got unleashed in this thing. You guys are going to like this.

Scott

Scott nailed it spot on with this write up on the Accessport.  Just when you thought the car was "Outrageous" at stock the way Road and Track described it, slap the Accessport in and it suddenly becomes "Insanely Outrageous".  Words really don't do it justice, it's something that you have to experience.

Stage 2 and the new exhaust coming next week!  Yee Hawww!

cowboy

"What we love about the GT-R is that it refuses to compromise where it really matters. It's not pretty. It's not comfy. It's not trying to make friends and influence people. It's not out to change the world.

It exists for one reason and one reason only-to kick holy ass. And kick ass it does. You don't have to like it. You just have to stay the hell out of its way."

Automobile Magazine 2009 COTY

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users