• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 celsius Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:39 AM

celsius
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts
Guys, I ran my car @ PIR last night and on the very last run, I hit 11.38 @ 124MPH with a 2.63 R/T and without using LC. Just imagine my time with the NEW LC :wavey: Anyways, my car's TCU hasn't been updated yet and the run right before I hit 11.38 was done with the original LC and the wheels spun so much, I only managed a 11.85 :biggrin: . Below are my timeslips

*When I ran the 11.38, the lady that gave me my timeslip wrote "TECH" on the slip because she said I was running illegally, so basically they kicked me out.

Attached Files

Edited by celsius, 14 March 2009 - 02:47 AM.

#2 35R Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:15 AM

35R
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
mid-track MPH almost 102mph, get a quick 60 and you will sail close to 10's

nice work

which tyres are you running and do you have a tune?

#3 celsius Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:10 AM

celsius
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts

View Post35R, on Mar 14 2009, 02:15 AM, said:

mid-track MPH almost 102mph, get a quick 60 and you will sail close to 10's

nice work

Thanks! Everything is BONE StOCK, except for the tune ;) and TiTek midpipe. I have a custome tune from SurgeLine Tuning of Portland. All runs were made on 92 octane and below is my dyno sheet.

Midpipe = $599
AP = $925
Tune = $450
Total = $1974

Attached Files

Edited by celsius, 14 March 2009 - 01:09 PM.

#4 FikseGTS Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:22 AM

FikseGTS
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
great runs, you should be at 11 flat with the update....

#5 Dave@GotboostPerformance Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:12 PM

Dave@GotboostPerformance
  • Vendors
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
Celcius, nice times dude.
I can't wait to try mine out, especially since my car made more power on the surgeline dyno...hehehe
I would have loved to go there with you but I was up skiing last night.
Next time we'll both go after we get our updates and maybe we can both get kicked out.
Your car should run quite a bit quicker judging by your 60' and your 1/8 mile trap speed.
Your reaction time will make no difference to your ET since the timers don't start until you cross the starting line.

Any NW owners that want a custom tune, go to Surgeline tuning in Portland. They know their stuff!!!!
Tim, Jeff, Dustin, Travis ......GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Edited by gotboost, 14 March 2009 - 12:22 PM.

'09 GT-R titanium:
Follow My Build Here: http://www.nagtroc.o...he-gbp-900-kit/

Innovative GT-R products at their finest

Posted Image

www.gotboostperformance.com
dave@gotboostperformance.com
email and paypal

Posted Image

#6 Dave@GotboostPerformance Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:32 PM

Dave@GotboostPerformance
  • Vendors
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

View Post35R, on Mar 14 2009, 02:15 AM, said:

He's running Bridgestones.

'09 GT-R titanium:

Posted Image

email and paypal

Posted Image

#7 xwing Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

xwing
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
How did you get a Tune without buying an Accessport or something? Accessport people have to buy the AP for $995 and the custom tune for $450-600...so to duplicate your results would be $2044 for Cobb Accessport people maybe...or maybe the AP tune would make a few more hp...

Edited by xwing, 14 March 2009 - 12:45 PM.

#8 Dave@GotboostPerformance Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

Dave@GotboostPerformance
  • Vendors
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

View Postxwing, on Mar 14 2009, 11:44 AM, said:

How did you get a Tune without buying an Accessport or something? Accessport people have to buy the AP for $995 and the custom tune for $450-600...so to duplicate your results would be $2044 for Cobb Accessport people maybe...or maybe the AP tune would make a few more hp...

He has an AP, I think he forgot to list it on his expendature list.

'09 GT-R titanium:

Posted Image

email and paypal

Posted Image

#9 celsius Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:10 PM

celsius
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts
opps, list has been updated. :biggrin:

#10 celsius Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

celsius
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts

View PostFikseGTS, on Mar 14 2009, 09:22 AM, said:

great runs, you should be at 11 flat with the update....

Thanks man!  Im actually gonna try for 10's.

#11 STI2EVO2GTR Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

STI2EVO2GTR
  • Supporter
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts

View Postcelsius, on Mar 14 2009, 06:10 AM, said:

Thanks! Everything is BONE StOCK, except for the tune ;) and TiTek midpipe. I have a custome tune from SurgeLine Tuning of Portland. All runs were made on 92 octane and below is my dyno sheet.

Midpipe = $599
AP = $925
Tune = $450
Total = $1974
I think Johnturbo's car is also BONE STOCK just with a few goodies. It's not stock unless you haven't modded it which you have.

#12 35R Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

35R
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

View Postcelsius, on Mar 14 2009, 04:10 AM, said:

Midpipe = $599
AP = $925
Tune = $450
Total = $1974

2 tenths off that 60 will yield up to four down the end, you're almost there i reckon

How much fuel were you running?

#13 Dave@GotboostPerformance Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

Dave@GotboostPerformance
  • Vendors
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
Celcius, I think we need actuators. I want to make sure we get into the 10's in case the track techs remember us and don't let us run again. I want to make sure I nail a 10 1st time.

If only John @ Cobb could figure out how to keep the boost from falling in the higher gears we wouldn't need them. The ASR Engineering module electronically keeps the boost levels up, why can't the AP?
Are the wastegate doors getting blown open at higher gears, rpms because of an lack of diaphram pressure or is there a way electronically to keep them shut?

Tim @ Surgeline Tuning thinks there is a way to do it but they just haven't figured it out yet. If this was possible, aftermarket actuators wouldn't be needed to keep the boost pressure up at higher rpms. People like me that just want a consistant 17psi wouldn't need actuators. I know 10's will be an easy task if this could be accomplished.

Celcius, if you grab some actuators I'll help you put them in!

Edited by gotboost, 14 March 2009 - 04:18 PM.

'09 GT-R titanium:

Posted Image

email and paypal

Posted Image

#14 celsius Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

celsius
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts

View Post35R, on Mar 14 2009, 02:15 PM, said:

2 tenths off that 60 will yield up to four down the end, you're almost there i reckon

How much fuel were you running?

GOOD POINT! LOL, I had a FULL TANK, probably a little over 3/4ths when the last run was made.

View Postgotboost, on Mar 14 2009, 03:11 PM, said:

Celcius, I think we need actuators. I want to make sure we get into the 10's in case the track techs remember us and don't let us run again. I want to make sure I nail a 10 1st time.

If only John @ Cobb could figure out how to keep the boost from falling in the higher gears we wouldn't need them. The ASR Engineering module electronically keeps the boost levels up, why can't the AP?
Are the wastegate doors getting blown open at higher gears, rpms because of an lack of diaphram pressure or is there a way electronically to keep them shut?

Tim @ Surgeline Tuning thinks there is a way to do it but they just haven't figured it out yet. If this was possible, aftermarket actuators wouldn't be needed to keep the boost pressure up at higher rpms. People like me that just want a consistant 17psi wouldn't need actuators. I know 10's will be an easy task if this could be accomplished.

Right on! :)

You can tell the boost drops off after 5000 rpms and the car definately lacks "top end" power.

Edited by celsius, 14 March 2009 - 06:14 PM.

#15 celsius Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

celsius
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts

View PostSTI2EVO2GTR, on Mar 14 2009, 01:17 PM, said:

I think Johnturbo's car is also BONE STOCK just with a few goodies. It's not stock unless you haven't modded it which you have.

John has a lot more stuff than me and his times relect that!

#16 mcduck Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

mcduck
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

View Postcelsius, on Mar 14 2009, 05:10 AM, said:

Midpipe = $599
AP = $925
Tune = $450
Total = $1974

Great times, celcius!  I ran a 11.4 without LC and similar mods to you.  That price breakdown looks very familiar too!  

$73K for GT-R
$2K in easy mods
low 11s 1/4-mile runs..... priceless!

Posted Image
The GT-R’s only two modes are viciously fast and off. “Off” as in engine dead, doors locked, driver elsewhere. - Bloomberg Review, Feb 8, 2012
This thing is a four-wheeled Ducati with a decent windscreen. - Dan Neil, WSJ - May 20, 2013
"... as you select the more aggressive dynamic modes you enter a world where you need to be absolutely on your mettle, not least because you're covering ground with the pace of a low-level fighter jet." - EVO, June 2014

#17 FikseGTS Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

FikseGTS
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
the ASR module can't hold the boost to redline either....  it's a physical limitation of the stock actuators....  electronics will not solve it....

Actuators with a tune designed for them will result in high 10 second @ 130+ MPH GT-Rs all over the place....

View Postgotboost, on Mar 14 2009, 06:11 PM, said:

Edited by FikseGTS, 14 March 2009 - 09:45 PM.

#18 Sharif@Forged Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

Sharif@Forged
  • Premier International Vendor
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,410 posts
Great results!  Keep it up!

To clarify, even upgraded actuators will result in a boost taper, albeit you will have higher overall boost.  The limitation is mostly the tiny OEM turbocharger.  Nothing new here...we see it all the time on the Evo 8,9,and 10.  Even when we upgrade actuators on the Evo 10, we still have boost taper.

Posted Image

Sharif Abdelbaset | GM | Calibrator | Driving Instructor
Sharif@ForgedPerformance.com
498 Cobb Parkway South, Marietta GA 30060
Forged Performance will meet or beat any competitors pricing!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#19 Dave@GotboostPerformance Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

Dave@GotboostPerformance
  • Vendors
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
Thanks for the clarification Fiske and Sharif,
Looks like aftermarket actuators are in my future soon. Does anyone know the best/cost effective out there? Forge performance or ?

'09 GT-R titanium:

Posted Image

email and paypal

Posted Image

#20 DragoGT-R Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:31 AM

DragoGT-R
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
Forget the Reaction Time (R/T)....that means 0 in 1/4 mile racing unless your going up against someone in a head to head race in for example an elimination round and the first car to cross the finish line wins the round! It does not effect your time whatsoever....

What does excite me is your 1.9 60ft.....

For an AWD car- Not to be a smart a** is terrible but there is a positive.

When I ran my GT-R I saw 60fts around 1.84 which is still not very good at all.

With other AWD cars I've owned and taken to the drag strip, hitting a 1.6 or 1.5 is where I usually was which of course lead to some really good passes..and although I never saw that elusive 1.4 I was seeking there were a few guys out there hitting them.

If you would have even cut a 1.7 60ft you would have seen a 10 sec pass for sure.

Every time you go down by a .1 of a sec in your 60ft you will lose approximately .2 up top...same rule applies with a increase in your 60ft's only in reverse.

So if you would have hit 1.8 60ft, your 1/4 mile time would be around 11.1.
Cut a 1.7 60ft and it you would have probably saw about a 10.9 run.

Your mph really doesn't change much with this...power and torque is the key there.

In drag racing 60ft times are KEY.....

Why do you think for example pro-street cars are so fast....they cut insane 60fts! Of course HP and torque add to the overall ET and MPH!

BTW Nice runs for what you have in your car :) but we will all have to start focusing on trying to bring our 60fts down!

Edited by DragoGT-R, 15 March 2009 - 03:55 PM.

AMS GT-R Alpha 9 package

Sold!

First R35 GT-R in the 9's

Video below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX3XsJFt9ac

Best ET - 9.89
Best MPH - 146.96 MPH

Worlds Fastest Alpha 9 GT-R in the standing mile - 205.3 MPH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users