Nissan GT-R Forum banner

NAGTROC Visits Tochigi

23K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  john 
#1 ·
In January of 2009, Nissan accommodated NAGTROC at their premiere plant in Tochigi, Japan.

As many of you are undoubtedly aware, this plant is where Nissan builds their premiere cars, among them the new R35 GT-R.

This is the story of our visit.

In a departure from my prior write ups, I have formatted and PDF'd this write up for download. The file size is about 17mb, as the complete write up includes a number of high resolution pictures.

We would like to thank Shin Inoue, Kazuaki Miyakawa, Mitsuo Matsushita, Kazuo Shishikura, and everyone else at Nissan Japan for being gracious hosts and spending their day with us.

We would also like to thank Kris@GTRBlog for his contributions (and patience!) as we put this together.

We hope you enjoy it.

NAGTROC Visits Tochigi
(right click and save as, 17.1mb)

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome write up, Davin!

I am really glad to have been there. It's definitely an experience and trip that I will never forget.

I already loved the GT-R, but getting to see where it 'comes from' and riding on that test track was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Not to mention seeing the first Spec-V come off the assembly line was very, very cool.

#4 ·
sweet write up. thanks for taking the time to put that all together!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.