100 replies to this topic

#1 dhayek Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

dhayek
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
:) :nana:  
after less than a month driving my GTR after my perfect gearbox rebuilt, i was cruising today on 3rd gear, then i decided to shift to second gear to overtake a car, i down shifted , car accelerates like a missile, then 1 k before cutoff i hear a uninterupted sound like trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr coming from the engine, and some smoke going out of the engine, i look at the oil pressure and oil light in dash they are ok , i look in my rear view mirror and i see oil , i shift to neutral shut down the car and go to the side of the road to stop. i get down of the car open the engine from where smoke is going out, and i see all the oil under the car... at that point i was CONVINCED its an oil pipe that is broken, i called road service to get towed, go to the workshop, and... guess what............ broken cylinder block...... something seems to have broken on the crank, or piston or pushrods and made a big mess..the block is broken on both sides, i guess the broken part blew off left then right.. i was running on AP stage 2 97 version 2.0
the bad news:
- i got AP ,  Y pipe and 5zigen, car is already blacklisted and out of warranty :( :(
-new engine is 55,000 us$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!
-i'm really really pissed
-i hate nissan management!
-we don't know yet the extent of the damage inside the engine

the only good news:
unlike the GR6, nissan sells engine parts and not only complete assembly.. otherwise i would put fuel on the car and burn it in front of the nissan showroom

here is some pics, can anyone share any experience with the engine? any thoughts what could have happened? is there is any other cases with broken cylinders blocks????  i cant believe that the AP software upgrade could have blow off the engine.. these engines should support more than 70hp of upgraded power IMO

im in love with the gtr but i HATE nissan

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • GetAttachment.jpg

#2 Harrison Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

Harrison
  • Members
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts

View Postdhayek, on Jan 22 2010, 03:00 PM, said:

:helpsmilie:  :helpsmilie:  
after less than a month driving my GTR after my perfect gearbox rebuilt, i was cruising today on 3rd gear, then i decided to shift to second gear to overtake a car, i down shifted , car accelerates like a missile, then 1 k before cutoff i hear a uninterupted sound like trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr coming from the engine, and some smoke going out of the engine, i look at the oil pressure and oil light in dash they are ok , i look in my rear view mirror and i see oil , i shift to neutral shut down the car and go to the side of the road to stop. i get down of the car open the engine from where smoke is going out, and i see all the oil under the car... at that point i was CONVINCED its an oil pipe that is broken, i called road service to get towed, go to the workshop, and... guess what............ broken cylinder block...... something seems to have broken on the crank, or piston or pushrods and made a big mess..the block is broken on both sides, i guess the broken part blew off left then right.. i was running on AP stage 2 97 version 2.0
the bad news:
- i got AP ,  Y pipe and 5zigen, car is already blacklisted and out of warranty :( :(
-new engine is 55,000 us$$!!!!!!!!!!!
-i'm really really pissed
-i hate nissan management!
-we don't know yet the extent of the damage inside the engine

the only good news:
unlike the GR6, nissan sells engine parts and not only complete assembly.. otherwise i would put fuel on the car and burn it in front of the nissan showroom

here is some pics, can anyone share any experience with the engine? any thoughts what could have happened? is there is any other cases with broken cylinders blocks????  i cant believe that the AP software upgrade could have blow off the engine.. these engines should support more than 70hp of upgraded power IMO

im in love with the gtr but i HATE nissan

Man, this sux.  I don't think that ap software caused this problem but Nissan will claim it did.  I'm sorry to hear about this.  Maybe you can get a Jun block or something.  Good luck with everything.

Posted Image

#3 dhayek Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

dhayek
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

View Postgtrchillboy, on Jan 22 2010, 10:03 PM, said:

Man, this sux.  I don't think that ap software caused this problem but Nissan will claim it did.  I'm sorry to hear about this.  Maybe you can get a Jun block or something.  Good luck with everything.
thx man.. can you give me more details about jun? what is it? sorry i have no idea at all..

#4 JO | SWITZER Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:12 PM

JO | SWITZER
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Hayek, I just sent you a PM about this - sorry to hear about your troubles.  Check out what I had to say, and get back to me.

SWITZER // CHICAGO IL
PERFORMANCE. INNOVATION.

http://www.switzerpe...einnovation.com

Skype jo.borras

Follow Switzer on Facebook.

#5 LuckyEff Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:13 PM

LuckyEff
  • Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

View Postdhayek, on Jan 23 2010, 12:06 AM, said:

thx man.. can you give me more details about jun? what is it? sorry i have no idea at all..

contact R4Race of toprpm, they hay pretty detaild info about jun complete engines!

Toyota Prado

Mercedes S 400
HYBRID

#6 underpressure Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:13 PM

underpressure
  • Members
  • www.goturnstop.com

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
PM sent

Looks like the #2 piston failed based off the location of the hole and rod head sticking thru the engine code tag.

Edited by underpressure, 22 January 2010 - 02:15 PM.

#7 EVILR Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

EVILR
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hi,
When your car was delivered?
Now in EU NISSAN make a massive recaller of GTR (300 cars in EU) for the same problem...
A lot of engine broken was change under warranty and few owners with AP, down pipes... was covered.
Just read this post: http://www.gtr.co.uk...in-engines.html

Hope this can help you :helpsmilie:

#8 'Q Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:31 PM

'Q
  • MEGTROC ADMIN
  • Spec Mi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts
Oh man, that sux, sorry to hear bro. TopRpm and R4Race got info's regarding the JUN block and internal kit, good luck with this.  Whats the fuel rate in Leb?

Instagram
@CPC_Bahrain
#MEGTROC - #GTRLife

Facebook Admin/Content Creator:
Facebook.com/GTRLife
Facebook.com/MEGTROC

Formerly known as member GT3240x2

#9 dhayek Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

dhayek
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

View PostEVILR, on Jan 22 2010, 10:26 PM, said:

Hi,
Now in EU NISSAN make a massive recaller of GTR (300 cars in EU) for the same problem...
A lot of engine broken was change under warranty and few owners with AP, down pipes... was covered.

unfortunately my car is an MY09,  VVIP US spec car, delivered on september 08..

#10 JO | SWITZER Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

JO | SWITZER
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

View PostEVILR, on Jan 22 2010, 03:26 PM, said:

Hi,

Good find.  New thread?

SWITZER // CHICAGO IL
PERFORMANCE. INNOVATION.

http://www.switzerpe...einnovation.com

Skype jo.borras

Follow Switzer on Facebook.

#11 dhayek Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:34 PM

dhayek
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

View PostGT3240x2, on Jan 22 2010, 10:31 PM, said:

Oh man, that sux, sorry to hear bro. TopRpm and R4Race got info's regarding the JUN block and internal kit, good luck with this.  Whats the fuel rate in Leb?
the fuel we have is 98 octane ron... its good shit..

#12 dhayek Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

dhayek
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

View Postunderpressure, on Jan 22 2010, 10:13 PM, said:

PM sent

Looks like the #2 piston failed based off the location of the hole and rod head sticking thru the engine code tag.
i just saw the thread of your car and noticed your chassis number is 425, mine is 443... bad batch of engines??

#13 GTR305 Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

GTR305
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 34 posts
Now that blows. Do any insurance job.

10 GTR
09 Z06
09 C63

#14 Scott@FontanaNissan Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

Scott@FontanaNissan
  • Dealers
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
Sorry to hear the bad news.

Let me know if I can help with replacing OEM parts.  I'd be happy to take care of ya!

Scott

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 underpressure Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:56 PM

underpressure
  • Members
  • www.goturnstop.com

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

View Postdhayek, on Jan 22 2010, 03:36 PM, said:

i just saw the thread of your car and noticed your chassis number is 425, mine is 443... bad batch of engines??

I was making 550hp when it went. Don't think its due to bad motors. :helpsmilie:
The early cars make more power then the later cars. Proven time and time again on the dyno.
During the rebuilt of mine I found a couple discrepancies between the FSM and the parts measured coming out of the old motor. Those would account for some of the power differences.

#16 Djreversal Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

Djreversal
  • Members
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

View Postunderpressure, on Jan 22 2010, 03:56 PM, said:

I was making 550hp when it went. Don't think its due to bad motors. :helpsmilie:
The early cars make more power then the later cars. Proven time and time again on the dyno.
During the rebuilt of mine I found a couple discrepancies between the FSM and the parts measured coming out of the old motor. Those would account for some of the power differences.

bare block is like 2600 bux from nissan.   As long as you didnt destroy anything with your head, i think you can build a block for probably in the 10-12k range.. not 55000.. that to me sounds like a complete long block.

Mark

2009 GT-R Gunmetal Premium

Boost Logic 4.1L Stroker Block
Headgames Fully Built / Ported heads with Kelford B-Series Cams
Boost Logic Turbo Kit (Twin Precisions 5858 CEA .82 A/R Billet DBB Turbos, Wastegates vented to atmosphere)
AAM Tripple Intank E-85 Fuel System
Cobb ECU (Tuned by Sean Ivey @ IveyTune)
Stillen Sway Bars
KW Varient 3 Coil Overs
Boost Logic FMIC With Wrinkle Black - Hard Piping & Tial BOV's
Wingless
Volk TE37-SL 315R NT05R AND 305F NT555R
Shep Stage 2.5 Transmission
T1 Transmission Brace
1104 whp / 950 trq - E85 (Tuned By Sean Ivey @ IveyTune)

Coming Soon ---

8 second 1/4 mile :)

Posted Image

http://youtu.be/PTcrO67hSdM

#17 NiCkGtR35 Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

NiCkGtR35
  • Members
  • E63 D1STURBD

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
i feel for you bro, good luck. thats why i traded mine in i was afraid of this very exact scenario happening to me. But good luck and im sure you will be back and running soon.

"WHAT'S BEHIND ME DOESN'T MATTER"

#18 celsius Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

celsius
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,496 posts

View Postunderpressure, on Jan 22 2010, 12:56 PM, said:

wow, I didnt even know your motor blew....did you ever find the reason why?

#19 Swirlone Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:09 PM

Swirlone
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 119 posts
What does one do if they blow an engine and it is blacklisted with no warranty?? Can you get insurance to cover it? Or are you just S.O.L.??

GT-R= Next toy coming soon
2008 Dodge SRT-4 Caliber Red Bone Stock "Sold"
2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, Blue with Silver Stripes. 8.3L V10 "Sold"

2001 Acura Integra Gs-r Coupe. (sunny day car) Benson sleeved B16, manley rods, arias pistons, Msd, Pt6776sp Turbo, 30lbs on C16 race gas, 560whp@ 9800rpm.
11.83@121.62mph qtr mile.
1995 Ford Ranger 4cyl bone stock DD, So fast the cops dont even see it! So ugly I could leave ten grand on the seat with the doors unlocked no one would touch it! LOL
Posted Image
Speed = Money Squared
"Make no mistake if you build your short block you will be doing it again, even if it is just from normal wear, building you motor is never a one time thing.... "
...Limey Racing...

#20 underpressure Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:13 PM

underpressure
  • Members
  • www.goturnstop.com

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

View Postcelsius, on Jan 22 2010, 04:04 PM, said:

wow, I didnt even know your motor blew....did you ever find the reason why?

http://www.nagtroc.o...h...c=36691&hl=

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users