• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 mcduck

mcduck

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

http://transmission....18-of-top-gear/

that is all
Posted Image
The GT-R’s only two modes are viciously fast and off. “Off” as in engine dead, doors locked, driver elsewhere. - Bloomberg Review, Feb 8, 2012
This thing is a four-wheeled Ducati with a decent windscreen. - Dan Neil, WSJ - May 20, 2013
"... as you select the more aggressive dynamic modes you enter a world where you need to be absolutely on your mettle, not least because you're covering ground with the pace of a low-level fighter jet." - EVO, June 2014

#2 ML_Paladin888

ML_Paladin888

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

I'm quite disappointed Stig's Chinese Cousin was just wearing white, unlike Stig's Communist Cousin that we saw in the Vietnam Special outtakes
eatsleepRACErepeat
OMGTR

#3 The Stig

The Stig

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:05 AM

About time I'm back on air! :shiftdrive:
Some say that I break into people’s houses at night and leave two mysterious extra keys in a kitchen drawer.

And that as a result of buying Pirelli condoms this week, I now have seventeen children.

All we know is, I'm called The Stig

#4 stormyboy

stormyboy

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:28 AM

Looking forward to it -- best show on the air!
2010 Pearl White P800 GT-R 708whp/619lb.ft
2014 F-150 Crew Cab XTR 4x4 Ecoboost (daily driver)
2015 BSM X5d M-Sport pkg (wife's)
2007 Alpine White M6 convertible (wife's)
2007 Ducati 1098s
2014 BMW HP4 Competition

#5 David_Yu

David_Yu

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

I was in the audience. After the appalling catastrophe that was the India Christmas special, I'm very pleased to say that this episode is a stunning return to form.
No mucking about, no scripted jokes, just genuine love for three awesome supercars: Aventador, MP4-12C and Noble M600.

For once, there's some serious driving involved and not a single caravan was harmed in the making of the episode.

Well worth watching.
Posted ImageShare your ownership experience on www.auto-journals.com ! Easy to use, great to read: Real Life with Cars

#6 The Stig

The Stig

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

That sounds like an interesting comparison. How many episodes are scheduled for this season?
Some say that I break into people’s houses at night and leave two mysterious extra keys in a kitchen drawer.

And that as a result of buying Pirelli condoms this week, I now have seventeen children.

All we know is, I'm called The Stig

#7 White_turbo

White_turbo

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

When will this be on BBC America?

#8 MC

MC

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

7 episodes this season

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2015 Juke NISMO RS
Instagram MCGTRN1SMO
Twitter @MCGTRN1SMO

Youtube MCGTRNISMO

#9 w00tw00t

w00tw00t

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

i wish their seasons were longer... it'll be over in < 2 months :-(

#10 mcduck

mcduck

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

I was in the audience. After the appalling catastrophe that was the India Christmas special, I'm very pleased to say that this episode is a stunning return to form.
No mucking about, no scripted jokes, just genuine love for three awesome supercars: Aventador, MP4-12C and Noble M600.

For once, there's some serious driving involved and not a single caravan was harmed in the making of the episode.

Well worth watching.

I agree... India special was one of the worst episodes ever. Can't all be the best episode, tho. It just won't ever be one I will want to view again.

That sounds like an interesting comparison. How many episodes are scheduled for this season?

They are running a typical 7-episode season.

i wish their seasons were longer... it'll be over in < 2 months :-(

True, but at least they run two seasons a year. I'm sure we all could enjoy even more episodes, but in terms of covering a variety of new car models, 14 shows is a lot of air time. My biggest fear is what will happen when Jeremy, James, or Richard decide to retire. It will be hard to replace the excellent dynamic they have and still maintain the quality of entertainment everyone has come to enjoy.
Posted Image
The GT-R’s only two modes are viciously fast and off. “Off” as in engine dead, doors locked, driver elsewhere. - Bloomberg Review, Feb 8, 2012
This thing is a four-wheeled Ducati with a decent windscreen. - Dan Neil, WSJ - May 20, 2013
"... as you select the more aggressive dynamic modes you enter a world where you need to be absolutely on your mettle, not least because you're covering ground with the pace of a low-level fighter jet." - EVO, June 2014

#11 GoTzillaR

GoTzillaR

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

time to download!!!

http://www.finalgear...s/topgear/18/1/

#12 MC

MC

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

or stream

http://www.putlocker...048BCE166181060

2015 Juke NISMO RS
Instagram MCGTRN1SMO
Twitter @MCGTRN1SMO

Youtube MCGTRNISMO

#13 MC

MC

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

just finished it... one of my fav episodes in a while!!!!!!

2015 Juke NISMO RS
Instagram MCGTRN1SMO
Twitter @MCGTRN1SMO

Youtube MCGTRNISMO

#14 Jooyoung99

Jooyoung99

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

Me too. The blue flame on the aventador looks awesome.

#15 MindlessOath

MindlessOath

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for the stream MC... Going to watch soon. Glad you guys seem to like it. Last season let me down :(
if anyone wants to watch/stream any of the other seasons this site might have a mirror...
http://www.tubeplus....17690/Top_Gear/
currently doesnt have this episode as of right now, but probably have it later.

Edit: the stream was taking sooo long i downloaded the torrent via finalgear within a few mins lol
really good episode!

Edited by MindlessOath, 29 January 2012 - 11:36 PM.

#16 choester

choester

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

finally a good episode with actual driving.
2010 GT-R e85 bolt-ons

#17 w00tw00t

w00tw00t

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

awesome! i agree this was one of the best ones yet!!...

#18 Vega

Vega

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

Awesome episode. And my god, the Aventador is unbelievable. It made the McLaren and the Nobel look pedestrian. I usually don't like red cars but I was drooling the whole episode. V12, all wheel drive and incredible looks, who couldn't like this thing? Forget the Veyron and all the others, I think this is the greatest car ever made. Who's with me? :shiftdrive:

Posted ImageAAAAAAAC6w/tYRlGXRFTbg/s1600/Lamborghini-Aventador-LP700-4.jpg

Edited by Vega, 30 January 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#19 w00tw00t

w00tw00t

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

+100000 on the Aventador!! ..

Sad about the Noble clutch f-up! ... Noble must have lost a few buyers after this episode aired!

#20 mcduck

mcduck

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

Awesome episode. And my god, the Aventador is unbelievable. It made the McLaren and the Nobel look pedestrian. I usually don't like red cars but I was drooling the whole episode. V12, all wheel drive and incredible looks, who couldn't like this thing? Forget the Veyron and all the others, I think this is the greatest car ever made. Who's with me? :shiftdrive:

For me, I am in disagreement. I thought all three cars were amazing. I already really liked the Aventador, but for a while expected the McLaren to win me over during the show. There is a lot about it to like. But ultimately, all the show did was make me want an Aventador even more than I already did. Guess I need to keep saving my change. :lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users