91 replies to this topic

#81 illpayne

illpayne

Dream Crusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

I just filed my case with the BBB Auto Line today.

Edited by illpayne, 03 June 2014 - 02:02 PM.

My Blog

follow me on twitter: illpayne

follow me on Instagram: illpayne

Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is.

2009 Midnight Purple 3 GTR - SOLD

1990 Gunmetal Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R

#82 zxwing

zxwing

R32 Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Sorry brother. Hope you get satisfaction.
2013 GT-R Premium Deep Blue Pearl
3" SBD Intake, SBD Catless DP, 3" SBD Catless Resonated MP, Asnu Pumps, Asnu 1050 Injectors, GotBoost FlexFuel, Jon Drenus Tune on Phase 5 EcuTek

OZ

#83 dc3843

dc3843

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

Damn. Hope a lawyer can help. Good luck!

#84 Dntlvet

Dntlvet

SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

Best wishes for a resolution.
2016 Porsche GT4
2015 Porsche 991 GT3
2014 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
2013 GTR BE
2010 BMW M3

#85 illpayne

illpayne

Dream Crusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

Can't believe I paid $8,000 for the Security Plus Gold extended warranty...

Posted Image
My Blog

#86 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,726 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Every time I read this thread, I leave angry. :angry:

Switzer Stage 1 Motor Build
Switzer Stage 1 Tranny Build
Switzer 90mmSS Exhaust = Loud as Fawk!!

Posted Image

#87 maximus5403

maximus5403

R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

If I were you I would send an email to the CEO/President ( Carlos.Ghosn@nissan-usa.com ) of Nissan North America. In the past I have had great luck doing this with other companies I had an issue with, including a $3k dashboard in my Lexus that was originally denied warranty when it melted from the sun. Within 24hrs of my email to Lexus's CEO I got a call from his office and they took care of everything. If you do write the CEO don't threaten or use legal jargon. Just explain the situation and how disappointed you are as customer of Nissan. From a corporate pov anytime legal issues or lawyer threats are used they will not respond and just forward it to the legal team at that point.

I agree that this situation is complete bs, and if I had the time/funds I would lawyer up. Otherwise as the others said I would send it to Jacks, fix it and try to move on.
2014 GT-R Premium Jet Black
Performance: Linney TITAN 102 Exhaust | GTC Cast Downpipes | ASNU 1100CC Injectors | 265 fuel pumps | Visconti Hardwire | ETS Street Intercooler Anodized Black | Gotboost Intercooler piping | Gotboost 3" Intakes w/ Green Filters | Gotboost Catch Can | Gotboost Flex Fuel Kit | Gotboost Speed Density Kit | AMS Coolant Tank | Installed by Doug@Fabshop Miami | Ecutek Phase 5 w/ Ben Linney Tune |

Exterior: Advan GT Premium w/ MPSS 285/335 | Top Racing Dry Carbon Grill | 2015 Head and Tail Lights | Clear Corners | 15% Window Tint |
Interior: Mines Steering Wheel | Nismo Cluster | AutoTecknic Shift Paddles | BE Headliner, Visors, and Map Light |

#88 mcomer

mcomer

2010 Black Premium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

It was Angelo at the Nissan GTR hotline at the HQ that called me Friday morning that told me that it was approved and then called me later saying that they're denying my claim. He told me they I can't contact the warranty people nor their engineers. He told me that he was the highest person that I could talk to and it won't go any further than him. The fact that they lied about me modding my TCM and also lied about sending someone out to inspect the car when they haven't is absurd and comical.

Oh the irony! It was the great Angelo who also called me to let me know about my warranty denial, and he also told me "no, there is no one else you can talk to, there is nothing you can do about this, you may as well just give up". He then proceeded to lie about things he had told me, deny prior information he gave, etc. He also brought up false / bogus claims like "the engineers detected that your car had been left idling for more than 20 hours", etc. Literally any lie they could come up with to deny my warranty. I'm not sure what is going on at Nissan to drive such horrible behavior.

I went ahead and had my car fixed by Jack, and am filing suit in my local court to reimburse for the costs.

Matt

#89 mcomer

mcomer

2010 Black Premium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

I just filed my case with the BBB Auto Line today.

Been there, done that. Unfortunately they will come back and tell you that their agreement with Nissan only includes the 3 yr / 36,000m initial warranty period. It is required that you do this as part of the "arbitration" wording in the warranty, but I don't think they will help you.

Other ideas for you:
- Call your state attorney general or use their online complaint process
- Call the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) or user their online complaint process
- Start a social media campaign
- Send a well-written "demand letter" to Nissan explaining what has happened, what you expect them to do, and what you intend to do about it if they have not complied by a deadline you specify
- Get an attorney or research your state tort laws - in reality, filing a claim for the dollar amounts we are talking about in local courts is pretty easy, and Magnusson-Moss says that these cases can be filed in the jurisdiction where the vehicle was purchased. Making Nissan come to your local court to try and defend themselves is yet another bit of leverage in your favor.

#90 illpayne

illpayne

Dream Crusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

I have an update.

I received an email today from a person that will not mention that works at Nissan North America. He explained to me that the peers that be that are way above him have decided to replace my transmission affter all in good faith. The process will start on Monday. The purple beast will be back and running with a new transmission assembly.

I'd like to thank everyone that has helped me in so many ways to make this happen. Much apperciated!

Edited by illpayne, 11 July 2014 - 08:53 PM.

My Blog

#91 Wicked

Wicked

R35 Owner

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,726 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

Good news!!'

Nissan does right!!

Switzer Stage 1 Motor Build
Switzer Stage 1 Tranny Build
Switzer 90mmSS Exhaust = Loud as Fawk!!

Posted Image

#92 HEnochanceLL

HEnochanceLL

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

Nissan does right!!

Which they should have done a long time ago.

I'm glad the OP got a new warranty...but very disheartening what he had to go through just to get it replaced. Oh, the roller-coaster of emotions...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users