Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Cobb Rolling Boost?

23K views 140 replies 53 participants last post by  COBB Tuning 
#1 ·
I heard a rumor that tuners either have or are getting access to Rolling Boost via Cobb "soon".

Can anyone confirm or deny? (if an answer needs to come via PM instead of post I understand).

Thanks!

#2 ·
In for comment and hopefulness!!!

#8 ·
In for this!

#11 ·
Rolling antilag/boost, advanced traction control and some form of engine protection. It seems they're all becoming a bit more and more like a standalone ecu. I think some of those boys in the Lonestart state may have some insight into this.......

For sure will be putting this on the Alpha 10 Porsche. Most interested in rolling antilag, it's the issue I'm having most when I'm racing against GTRs.....

#16 ·
Basically what it does on Ecutek, when cruise is activated it holds your speed and no longer allows the gas pedal to accelerate, it builds boost instead. Then when you hit cancel it lunches the car at speed.

Search youtube and you will find some examples.

#18 ·
Is it harsh on the transmission like a regular launch?

#19 ·
Interesting. I was getting ready to switch from my Cobb to the Ecutek. Wonder if I should reconsider?

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
I experienced rolling launch for the first time in another GT-R and decided I had to have it. But I was disappointed when I found out COBB didn't offer it. Now I can look forward to having this soon. Man, the stuff this car can do never ceases to amaze me.

#37 ·
Does it get recorded on the car's computer as a launch when you use it?

#43 ·
Lookin good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.