Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Who's going to buy the iPhone 6?

18K views 301 replies 72 participants last post by  lawerence@undercover 
#1 ·
I made a thread a few months ago how I hated my iPhone 5 and how Apple in general has gone downhill since the passing of Steve Jobs. I tried liking the Galaxy, but can't so I've decided to buy the iPhone 6. Keynote is Tuesday and phone should come out the 19-21 possibly. I'll probably line up an hour early like I did for the 5.

One thing I found interesting is AT&T new data plans. I'm on my moms plan and we still have the old family share plan. Seems the new AT&T data share plan is a complete rip off.

#2 ·
Ill be buying the 6. Wont be standing on line though, just pre-order through AT&T's website.

#11 ·
Soooo buying the iphone 6.

Been dealing with an iphone 5 that has the power button and battery recall. Can't live without the phone so I've been getting by with a battery case for the last year...

#12 ·
+ 5 here - probably the 4.5" and my son will take the 5.5".

This watch is supposedly a flexible display. That's why Nike stopped making their fuel bands and kids love them.

#16 ·
I got tired of Apple and tried the galaxy s4 active. It had its ups and downs. I liked controlling my tv from my phone. I did hate things about it. It would turn on in my pocket and settings would change from just rubbing against my leg. I'm back to Apple and plan on getting the new one. I'm glad to see them get a larger screen. As far as my ATT bill, I was grandfathered into the unlimited data but was tired of such a high bill every month, I swapped my plan to the data share. Now it's only 170 for my 5 lines.

#24 ·
I'm upgrading. I've never had issues with my iPhone.

#38 ·
How will NFC destroy Paypal? NFC has two main uses:
  1. Beacon technology so that advertising can tell when you're in an area (store display changes to say "Hi Bob, you should really buy this", or your phone can provide you info on a product that you're close to
  2. Tap technology so you can buy stuff with your phone rather than "tapping" your credit card on the reader at the cash (your phone is just linked to a cc by either the carrier/SIM (i.e. AT&T, etc.), or a backend service hosted by Apple)
Hardly Paypal disrupting stuff until Apple gets into the online payment game like Google tried to do with Google Wallet (fail).

Not that it won't happen as I'm sure Apple would love to have all transactions flow through them so they can get their 30% vig (and collude with the cc providers to raise their fees from 3% to 30% just like Apple tried to do with eBooks)...

#40 · (Edited by Moderator)
Apple would have to sign agreements in order to be able to use NFC with their cards, so this is hardly news (carriers such as AT&T, Rogers, etc. have also signed agreements to use NFC payments with credit cards on Android and Windows Phone devices that have supported NFC for a while).

Problem for Apple is all of the credit card companies already have NFC capabilities built into their cards (Paypass (MasterCard), Paywave (Visa), etc.) so they're late to the game. Perhaps more NFC transactions for the cc companies, however now the consumers using it are going to be now paying an Apple vig on top of the credit card issuers transaction fees. Merchants get squeeze further to "eat it", but they'll just pass it along to the consumers in the end.

Still nothing to do with Paypal...

Apple better hope they can make some money off mobile payments as this is going to finish off the iPad market which is already tanking...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.