Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Dodges Lowers MSRP by $15,000 on all Vipers

10K views 110 replies 32 participants last post by  Jojipoji 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
As a former owner of a 2002 TT GTS and a 2003 S/C Convertible Viper.....I just can't get into the latest model.

I just don't think they are a value at this point.

Looks cool, but sucks gas and really doesn't delivery the level of performance the smaller engined Forced Induction competitors deliver.

Sign me up for a C7 Z06 or 2015 Mustang GT ;)

The new 2015 Mustang with Auto Trans and Twin Turbo Package would be a killer daily....

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I like the way Dodge did rather than Nissan. The discount is going directly to the customer. Unlike Nissan where I'm reading so many posts where the dealer is telling the customer they don't know anything about a rebate. And it takes the customer to try and convince the salesman that there is a discount and that they should get it. I realize the implications going into the next year for both Nissan and Dodge. Do you think Dodge will just drop the Viper after next year?

#15 ·
that time attack car is now 100,995 so cheaper than a 2015 Premium GTR

I just read the part about if you bought a 2013+ Viper you get 15K off in addition to this price cut if you upgrade thats not too bad right there

#16 ·
Dodge is sending us 13 and 14 owners a coupon for 15k good through January 2018 for the purchase of another viper. Let's see if the rumors of a 800hp viper for 2016 are true. I will use the coupon then.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
I may drop my upcoming Z06 for a Viper now. Not kidding. As much as I like the C7 Corvettes (I own one), I find the Gen V Vipers MUCH more appealing than any Corvette. I took one home for the night a few months back and it was a spectacular car.

#24 ·
I really hope you do get one. The viper community could really benefit from someone like you who will potentially mod the hell out of it. Now that tuning is available I don't see why these cars won't make a ton of power. As far as the looks of the viper, I could honestly say it gets way too much attention every time I take it out.

Good luck bro. Hope to see you in a viper!

#31 ·
Man this sucks. Don't know what this says about the future of this car...last Viper maybe? Don't forget the 4th gen was rumored to be the last after the slow sales + 08 meltdown. Viper just has shitty luck I guess.

I really hope this car's sales return as successful. Very few true sportscars nowadays, too much luxury high powered heavy ass boats.

Do you think this is because of how it barely beat an old ZR1? I remember reading how SRT leader Ralph Gilles was pissed when a base model (or GTS?) was beat by the discontinued ZR1, and that's why SRT immediately rushed to the drawing board and cooked up the TA model. I honestly think that whole conflict was the key event that caused all of this. Most will be swayed towards the new Z06 at this point. Maybe dodge is trying to take a smaller hit now rather than a big hit later.

Smart move either way, but I really don't want this to be he end of it. I may not spend my money on one now, but damn do I love this car!

#34 ·
At the time, the ZR1 wasn't discontinued. Also, the Viper they used in the first test was a preproduction model with a lot of issues that still needed working out. This video explains it all. The best part is the end when they stick a set of R-compounds on the Viper (which the ZR1 runs from the factory) and the Viper beats it's own record by almost 3 seconds.

#35 ·
I just snapped up #5 of 33 '14 White TAs from a dealer. C7 Z06 order is officially canceled.

#38 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have to sell my Corvette before I can get it shipped to me (no room right now), but here's a pic of it from the dealer's stock pics. The other pic is another of the 33 White TAs, since they all look exactly the same.

Attachments

#40 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sticker price was originally $120k for all Viper TAs. With the $15k rebate, they all dropped to $105k. I got mine for less than that, but the exact amount is something the dealer doesn't want me to share. There are still deals to be had out there if you are really interested in getting one.

#41 ·
Deals are too good right now on Vipers. Traded mine in and picked up a new TA. Divexxtreme and I got it from the same dealer, Our pictures are taken in the same spot lol.

#42 · (Edited by Moderator)
Deals are too good right now on Vipers. Traded mine in and picked up a new TA. Divexxtreme and I got it from the same dealer, Our pictures are taken in the same spot lol.
Damn, I love that orange.

The dealer PDV and I got ours from is now out of TAs, but there are other dealers who were offering me essentially the same discounts for their TAs as well.

I'll put it simply; if you ever wanted a Gen V Viper, now is the time to buy. Right now, before the remaining '14 inventory is all gone. The rebate that Dodge has implemented has completely jumpstarted the Viper market again, and dealers are fielding calls all day long from interested buyers all around the country.

If you want one, don't wait. Get it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.