Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Video of my Switzer R1K GTR 9.71@141 with 1.4 60ft

6K views 55 replies 19 participants last post by  Neil Switzer 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Went to the track the other day on a very conservative race gas tune
Best time of the day was 9.71 .. went 9.7 four different times with the mph ranging from 141 to 147 (my tuner was at the track making adjustments on the fly)

I am most impressed with the M&H drag radials and layed down a best 60ft of 1.48 once and a bunch of 1.5's almost every other clean run

#6 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_APZWqvUVY

Went to the track the other day on a very conservative race gas tune
Best time of the day was 9.71 .. went 9.7 four different times with the mph ranging from 141 to 147 (my tuner was at the track making adjustments on the fly)

I am most impressed with the M&H drag radials and layed down a best 60ft of 1.48 once and a bunch of 1.5's almost every other clean run
Could you share what was your setup/tune for launch to get the 1.4x?

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
the reason i did not goto switzer for the tune is because i bought the setup second hand and used the tuner i am familiar with that is local to me

the fastest R1K kit according to the http://www.gtrlife.c...-mile-rankings/ is vtknight's whom i bought the setup from. he ran 9.41 so i am .3 of a second off. not the end of the world. hopefully with some adjustments and more track days i will be able to match or beat his time

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone - I think everyone has to put this into perspective.

Marco is a very skilled tuner as he has tuned an Alpha 12 car here which ran low 9's at 155+ MPH at only 26 PSI. That car is on track to trap 165++.
His tunes have a different configuration with a greater emphasis on torque.

We've already seen what he can do with 60 foots.

Matts car will be where it needs to be soon. He's a true race enthusiast who knows what it takes to get his car dialed in. I'm certain we will see some very impressive times from his setup in the near future.

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone - I think everyone has to put this into perspective.

Marco is a very skilled tuner as he has tuned an Alpha 12 car here which ran low 9's at 155+ MPH at only 26 PSI. That car is on track to trap 165++.
His tunes have a different configuration with a greater emphasis on torque.

We've already seen what he can do with 60 foots.

Matts car will be where it needs to be soon. He's a true race enthusiast who knows what it takes to get his car dialed in. I'm certain we will see some very impressive times from his setup in the near future.
Yup, that Alpha 12 that Jeremy is speaking of is mine

I went 9.5 at 159mph with a 1.8 60ft no boost off the line, on 25 pounds on C85. Video below

With that said Matts car pulls strong, I see him and the car often, what he has in store for next year will be very impressive.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
lthl vnm when my car first got retuned it was running higher psi and just just destroying everything on the street but was a bit fickle so turned it down to be more consistent

diveextreme its not your experience but it is mine any many others

anyways i didnt think my post would cause so much controversy. i was just happy with the 60ft time. it was my first time at the track on race gas so figured i would stop lurking and start posting
didnt think it would offend anyone!

i dont know much about tuning at all, as i said it was not running right when i first got to the track and adjustments were made on the fly and i was still happy in the end

#26 ·
I'm happy that you're happy. Good luck!

#40 ·
Congrats, some track has slow mph some has fast mph so it is hard to compare different tracks. Go to PBIR and run left lane it is about 3-4 mph fast. Look at all the time slips from that track posted, 95% of the people run on left lane and majority knows it is wrong. Run in right lane you instantly lose 3-4 mph on trap!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.