Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Aftermarket Rotors/Pads Installation

3K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  achenator 
#1 ·
So I just purchased a set of AP rotors and MX72 brake pads and I don't know where to have them installed. Should I go to the dealership, Firestone (or similar), or a specialty shop? I'm not sure what my best option is here in Houston.

#5 ·
If you habe to ask then you probably don't have the right tools to remove the caliper. I would hit up South Side Performance, if they are still around. They do/did a lot of work on GT-R's...

#6 ·
I definitely don't have the tools or expertise to do it myself. I called Jeremy at SSP and it appears the focus of that firm has changed to strictly painting and not servicing GTRs. Anyone know of any reputable shops in Houston that can do fluid changes and rotor/pad changes in Houston?

#14 ·
I wouldn't take it to some random shop like Firestone, can you imagine if they torqued something wrong and the brake failed when you were going 150 mph? If you can't do it yourself take it to a shop that has worked on GTR's alot even if you have to drive. If you are close to Austin then Boost Logic is a good bet, they did the brakes on my car and never had an issue

Sent from my VS980 4G using GT-R Life mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.