Nissan GT-R Forum banner

SOLD

7K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  xwing 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
SOLD: for above last asking price 9,495.00 Stillen CCM-X 400mm brake upgrade kit
Thanks for all good interest.

#2 ·
Love to get this. Glws

#8 ·
So much want

#9 ·
I'm interested. I'm not sure if I can convince my wife of the necessity of this purchase (Honey, this will make my car safer. Wouldn't you want that?). In the event I get shot down, I wanted to let everyone know that I've known Jack T. since 1993 and he is a stand up guy. If you buy from him, it's full disclosure.

#10 ·
Heya Bob
good to talk to you yesterday!
When I first bought these, I justified it because having to buy fairly expensive new iron rotors every couple years since iron wears so fast X many years ownership I wouldn't exactly be money AHEAD for awhile, but with the improved performance, less weight (ROTATING weight! UNSPRUNG weight!) AND longevity the extra money was reasonable, and that was back when I paid Stillen like $17,000 or whatever it was!

At this price, it is the balance point between me just using them myself, and selling them.
Running these great CCM-X brakes through Wisconsin salty snowy winters is just dumb; certainly possible, but here in Wisconsin for my "all-year-round car" just overkill.
Overkill IS kind of cool though...hmmmm.....

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
[UPDATE: To fit 2012-2015, you simply need 2 thinner front caliper spacers; Stillen Part Number APCC1108, x 2 of them. Rears are the same 2009-2015.]

The spacer is the only sig difference; it would simply be a bit less spacer thickness for you, since your stock rotors are already larger than 2009 rotors, but not quite 400mm
I suppose you could simply machine the spacers I have a little thinner, or get the "official" spacers from Stillen.

I have a serious buyer now, however, so looks like this Kit will be off market officially once that sale finalizes in the relatively near future.
Thanks to all for their interest.

#18 ·
Interiorman:
The rotors ALMOST don't wear at ALL! They are much harder than the brake pad materials used, so the PADS take the wear, the rotors stay virtually "like new" on street and moderate track use.
If they are overheated a lot, then wear can occur, as it will with anything eventually.
The "CCM-X version" is better at dissipating heat and conducting surface heat internally, so even when used hard, AP Racing/Stillen says they run significantly cooler and stay healthier than the old versions.
For street use they would about wear not at ALL, and I loved that they had almost ZERO brake dust !

The caliper paint stayed ok, though if you race them HARD, the paint on calipers can darken a little bit.
I don't know of any impact on wheel bearing life, as the carbon transmits heat poorly and the heat sink and dissipation by the rotor hats, wheels, hubs etc means temp of bearings likely very even with that of iron rotors, since the overall heat input is a function of the car weight, speed and energy absorbed; this is the same, for the same speed scrubbed off. I certainly had no wheel bearing difficulties, and haven't heard of any on our cars.

NJNYCGTR: thanks

#23 ·
Shipwreck:
I have not decided to sell for the offer you JUST made YESTERDAY!
This kit has been on sale for awhile, and I had no idea it was an Emergency that I contact you within some timeframe, indeed your message COPIED BELOW seemed friendly enough and understanding of my selling situation.
Maybe you can reflect on YOUR turn of behavior.
=======================================
Sent Yesterday, 03:44 PM
Shipwreck
Shipwreck
driving big boats
  • Members
  • 490 posts

Jack,

I've been shopping around for a brake upgrade, mostly for increased brake performance & weight reduction not intended for road track use. For me the most cost effective solution is a modified ZR1 brake kit. Before I pull the trigger, I just wanted to throw an offer out on your Stillen kit. I love the Stillen setup and have been following your ad for a few months --- it just is a little more than I wanted to spend. Anyways, if you're willing to sell that kit for $9000, I'm interested. I have the funds ready and can bank to bank wire or Paypal. The kit would be shipped to Oberlin, Ohio. My car is at Switzer and they would perform the install. If $9,000 isn't something you can stomach, I completely understand.... I've been in your situation, try to sell, a several times. Regardless, thanks for your time and take care.

Steve

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
There is no emergency and there is no time frame. The fact is you had time to read my message, not reply, then bump your thread answering other people's questions. I know it must be hard to take a minute out of your busy day to acknowledge receipt and add a simple yes, no, or I'll take it into consideration. Don't loose sleep over it though, because I'm no longer interested. Keep up the good work, you're people skills are amazing. I think you'll have this kit sold by early 2016. Good luck with the sale.

Excellent use of cut and paste in this thread as well.

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Turbohips:
Your offer was insufficient.
If Stillen is pooping on their OWN brakes somehow, since these are NEW from THEM DIRECTLY, that is Interesting

I suppose mine for sale would lead them to sell fewer until mine sells, so a Business has an interest in "poisoning the water", even for their OWN product, if for sale for less than they can sell it for. A more skeptical Reader might think Stillen Themselves coming on in guise, to poison matters. But that could never happen...?
On the other hand, another seller said they called Stillen and got the "Buy New From Us For Many Thousands More Stink Talk" too, so I believe you.
Whatever

#27 ·
Shipwreck:
"There is no emergency and there is no time frame" but you spend significant time pooping on me for not getting back with an answer to a substantially lower offer than currently advertised, within one (1) single day.
Your words belie your ACTIONS. Can you not see that?
I had not Decided on your low offer, so I had not Replied yet, within one (1) single day, because I was THINKING about it, rather than rejecting your offer which YOU said I might not be 'something you can stomach'.
So rather than say "NO" to your offer YOU said might make me Nauseous, I politely thought about it a day without spouting off impolitely to you.
Certainly I cut and pasted your message to be accurate and show how Jekyll became Hyde. Truth hurts?
Let Those With Eyes, See. I now feel for Sellers across the world, having to deal with this stuff LOL
Wow. MY people skills? LOL

I have been nothing but accurate and forthcoming in this thread. These NEW CCM-X brakes were provided DIRECTLY by Stillen to me as what THEY recommended as replacements to FIX the prior CCM version they sold me that went bad. I trusted them AGAIN, to give me what they said, for another $4000 they charged, the latest greatest CCM-X brakes. THEY put the kit together, sent it COMPLETE back to me, and it is now NEW IN BOXES as described.

#28 ·
Ok, I'll go ahead and play along.

Certainly I cut and pasted your message to be accurate and show how Jekyll became Hyde. Truth hurts?
Let Those With Eyes, See. I now feel for Sellers across the world, having to deal with this stuff LOL
Wow. MY people skills? LOL
I don't understand what you are proving by cutting and pasting. We are all adults here and I'm sure people would have believed you when you say this all transpired within a day or two. The truth doesn't hurt me pal, I'm not trying to sell anything. My money can go elsewhere, you can continue to enjoy those expensive garage ornaments that have been on the market for 6 months.

All bickering aside, I sincerely wish you good luck selling this kit. It is a very nice setup. Your lack of courtesy just rubbed me the wrong way. I wish we had not got off on the wrong foot, but oh well.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.