Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Anyone going to Wild Horse Pass Friday night?

3K views 64 replies 11 participants last post by  azaloha 
#1 ·
A few of us are going to try Wild Horse Pass in Chandler again this Friday night. Some how going to try to run mid 10's but keep MPH under 135.
I had a 10.7 at 134.5 a month ago so I'm not sure how I will accomplish this!

#10 ·
So how did your last pass go Barry?

I gotta say on the recommendation of a few people I took my car up to Bob today and we spent all day on it loading up the Ecutek and getting it tuned and WOW is all I can really say. First and foremost the car just normal everyday driving on the street is way smoother and more responsive but on top of that took a full second off my ET's tonight. Last time we were at the track I was in the 12.2 range tonight I made one pass at 11.24 and it could easily get down into the 10's, I spun the first 30-40 feet of the track at launch. Anyone who is even remotely considering doing work to their car needs to go see Bob and for those of you on Cobb, get rid of it!!! Ecutek is so much better and has way more features.

#11 ·
Good seeing you again Mike and Alekandr.
Mike your ran strong tonight for sure. Too bad we couldnt get more runs in to finesse our starts.
Well you would think I would beat my 10.69 time since I was the first car out after they sprayed the track but it wasn't in the cards. I bogged heavily and ran a 11.10. I launched it at the same 3600 rpm and VDC off this time. I should have come out at 4100 since the track was just prepped but I just thought 3600 would be enough.
On the way home I roll raced Alex's buddy in his awesome built Supra. So that was fun.
I'm going back in 2 weeks with a goal of 10.5

#13 ·
Well I'll tell you how it went from my perspective and Alex can chime in since he was behind us.
At first I didn't realize Alex's friend wanted to race but Alex and him were going pretty slow on the 10. Alex pulled back which let me move up . At that point I down shifted . The supra took off getting the jump so I chased him. I could short shifted accidentally ( don't use the paddles too often). But I could see I was running him down . When I got to his bumper he let up. At this point I knew I could take him if the start was even . In his defense he didn't use his nitrous. Second race we lined up at about 50 mph I think and I beeped 3 times and hit it. The Supra had turbo lag for sure. (HUGE turbo!). I was gone and he never gained on me. Maybe he saw the distance was too great and let off but I don't know but I was wY HeD and my car keeps accelerating ! Thanks again Bob! Lol

#22 ·
Just ordered my jacket, should be here Thursday so maybe they'll let me go faster than 11.5 this time.... Stupid 1950's NHRA rules!

Bob I'll need to get some more Boostane from ya. Maybe I'll just buy a case of it.

#29 ·
Another epic track weekend in the books! Thanks again Bob for all the support and the cozy sleeping arrangements!

Attachments

#30 ·
Bob sure has the beautiful set up, car, trailer, camper!
What order did you guys finish? Wes was Gerry catching you? I know his car is running good. I'm assuming Bob was in front. lol

#33 ·
Barry they don't compete with me, thankfully! They're running in the DE groups which stands for Driving Experience, ie track time just for fun. I run in time trials and compete against some pretty highly modded cars. Gerry had a lap timer going and it looks like they were running a second or so quicker than me on a 1:43 lap. I definitely didn't bring my A game last weekend, too many distractions and too much focus on my lovely wife going through competition school. She passed and will earn her provisional racing license!
Also, Gerry's car is lighter and has more power than mine so he would be in the class above me. And Bob is just fucking Bob and none of us rookies are going to catch him, not in a street car. The GT-R's are great but there are plenty of much much quicker cars on the track. Most of them though, are not street legal or at least not street practical. Gerry is a trooper driving his GT-R 3+ hours to the track sitting in a racing seat with the cabin full of track wheels! Ironman for sure!

Good people, good times as always!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.