Nissan GT-R Forum banner

**Invitation to GTR NISMO #1 Delivery Meet Friday Oct 24** Winston-Salem/Greensboro NC

8K views 107 replies 33 participants last post by  HKYStormFront 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
As some of you know on Oct 24 I will have the honor of taking delivery of #1 US Production GTR NISMO and the event will be covered by Nissan USA. After the delivery we are organizing a meet/photoshoot along with a group dinner. Nissan's media department will be on hand to cover the day including the meet and group photo. a Nissan GTR team representative will be there with me to give everyone a rundown of the NISMO and talk GTR in general.

I am are looking for 10-15 GTR owners to attend with their cars.

The meet will be Friday afternoon (exact time will be updated as we get closer) at Tanglewood Park in Clemmons NC followed by dinner a Hakka-Chow in Winston-Salem ( asian fusion place)

If you can make the event please make a list below including the color /model year of your GTR and if you will be attending both the photoshoot and the dinner

I will update this thread with info over the next 10 days as timing might slightly vary throughout the day to line everything up with the delivery

I look forward to seeing you guys there and sharing this once in a lifetime experience with everyone

1) MC
2) McDuck
3) rgo808
4) Stericson
5) HKYStormFront
6) Ewilliams1570
7) SCCA25
8) MossBack
9) 240Z Twin Turbo

See less See more
#2 ·
I am going to have to see what next week brings. I'm knee deep in two major projects at the moment. I might be able to work long days M-Th and get up there Friday, we'll just have to see. I know some people at Nissan who want me to be there but "want" and "paying me" to be there are two different things altogether

#7 ·
Wish I lived closer! Congrats and have fun!!

#21 ·
I'm not sure how you will make it the next week and half, Matt. You must be so excited now that the car has hit US soil. Can't wait to see it in person next week.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
great

and sometime before next week or even early next week once we have a firm list everyone who is doing the dinner let me know how many people if any you will have with you. I need to make reservations. no rush though as we are still ironing out the timing any way. but since its dark earlier now and nissan will be done with what they need before that... I would guess we would eat no later than 6-7pm

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
ok so I talked to nissan some more today and have a little more to share

the plan is for me to take delivery of the car early in the morning. they are working the with enclosed carrier service now to get a time frame. worst case they will have it brought in the day before if they think there will be a delay on friday for any reason so it doesnt hold up the rest of the day. The only negative to that is they wouldnt be able to get unloading shots like they want

I will be doing the delivery event for a couple hours at the dealer then (car PDI the cliche picture of me getting the keys and all that) they then want to follow me to my house for shots like pulling into the garage and do some additional filming and interviews there.

After that is when they want to to the small informal park meet / get together / photoshoot before the dinner. That will probably be mid afternoon with the dinner hopefully on or right before 6pm. I called and told the restaurant we would have up to 20 people ( the Nissan crew included I think) im supposed to call back friday to finalize and will ask about group parking. that place isnt real crowded and there are plenty of vacant spots as its in a newer shopping center with a few empty business buildings.

So thats is the rough layout of the day if everything goes to plan. my house is like 5 mins from the park so I will let you guys know where we all are going to initially meet at. Im thinking we might meet at my house and then drive over to the park as a group so it will be more organized that way and we can all be on the same page.

just to let you know the park meet will be really informal and quick ( maybe an hour or so maybe more) just to give the media crew some footage to use in their film. hopefully its mild weather and we can all check out each others cars and maybe have a walk through presentation of the NISMO and possibly an impromptu Q&A with the GTR marketing team rep.

so nothing really fancy or extravagant. after that depending on time either straight to dinner or maybe back to my house (which is on the way) I think Nissan wants some footage of me and some guys racing each other with the NISMO GTR in GT6 on my race cockpit so we could kill some time with that if needed

Thats about all i know for now. I just wanted to give everyone an expectation of what the day would be like. not a huge event just Nissan and I thought it would be a cool /simple idea to show the NISMO going to a meet with friends/GTR owners as the first thing after delivery.

I think if everyone is flexible and sort of goes with the flow it should be a fun time. I will get you guys an approximate time to meet up as soon as I have it but again looks like mid afternoon. I know some of you guys are driving a couple hours of more so just wanted to give you an idea of what we are looking at

On saturday I think a couple people are going to accompany me to Pilot Mountain ( about an hour from my house) for a little break-in miles drive and some additional pics. anyone is welcome to join in on that too

#26 ·
So freaking excited about this! I know you are Matt!

I spoke to my boss this morning, I'm going to work 4 10's next week to get my time in so I can take off Friday. I'll work out the details with you offline, Matt, but my plan is to be there Friday and Saturday.

#28 ·
I'm in for dinner Friday but looks like I am solo. Nicole has to work. We will not be able to do the Saturday drive since we have a prior volunteer commitment.

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
ok yeah robert is staying thursday night and you can stay either or too. just call me and we will figure it out. Man Bo has been actually doing a lot worse the last few weeks. he has Lymphoma and early congestive heart failure but he is stabilized this week. if he gets where it cant settle down I can give him a valium which turns him into a stuffed animal for the night. If my brothers GF is working her nurse shift you can stay down at his house worse case...but he should be ok this week he has been real good so its the first week ive slept more soundly since VIR no joke.

On saturday Jennifer might drive either the frontier or pathfinder up with us so you can hang out the back and get some rolling shots of the NISMO. you are going to be forced to lower your standards and take a picture of Ayumi in her Halloween dress just already go ahead and accept that and be at peace with it lol

#36 ·
On saturday Jennifer might drive either the frontier or pathfinder up with us so you can hang out the back and get some rolling shots of the NISMO. you are going to be forced to lower your standards and take a picture of Ayumi in her Halloween dress just already go ahead and accept that and be at peace with it lol
Oh dear lord lol! I've got an air mattress I can bring. I'll call you early next week and we'll figure all this out.

#32 ·
Wow. I wish i could go. I would drive to NC if i had the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.