Nissan GT-R Forum banner

FINALLY upgraded the BLOSE system! Audison/ Hertz..... slightly S/W thoughts?

5K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  rolling18 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, I finally did it... gave in to my inner audio nut!

I had enough of the stock Bose system.
Kept the head unit obviously for appearance and functionallity.

Decided to go with a Audison/ Hertz system "full HD" as they call it.,,.. whatever.
Audison VOCE 5.1K amp (w/ full digital interface)
Audison Bit Ten "D" processor/ remote (laptop tunable)
WIFI to Optical full digital for losless connection/ playback (hooked to the processor)
Hertz Mille 6.5" speakers in 2 way front stage
HertZ matching tweeters
Each driver has own channel from amp
doors sound deadened
all equip installed "hidden" stealth for anti theft.

thats pretty much it..
except I cant decide the SUB situation...
for now im using a JL 10W6v2D4 in slightly to small sealed enclosure... sounds good
but considering getting the "correct" box made to spec...OR just going with another Hertz or Sundown Audio sub driver in the correct enclosures...
sub will be boxed in the trunk (stock sub disconected or removed...

what are your (the guru's) thoughts ofn this and suggestions for sub?
thankks!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow. Nearly the same setup as me!

Are you using an airport express for wifi to digital? If so I've heard of problems and it introducing noise.

I went with the Pure i20 and modified it. I'm installing an iPod touch by the CD slot with the controller for the Bit Ten D. Signal stays digital from iPod>Pure i20>Bit Ten D>AV Bit In>AV5.1K

For the sub I went with a 10" Hertz HX250D. I wanted to keep it for sound quality, and am pretty happy with the quality of Hertz.

I had the box custom built with an amp drawer for the 5.1K. My box builder is 800 miles away, and with your provided measurements be builds it to your specs. He uses a CNC so it comes out perfectly. PM me if you want his contact info.

#7 ·
Wow. Nearly the same setup as me!

Are you using an airport express for wifi to digital? If so I've heard of problems and it introducing noise.
No, I'm not using any apple in my setup.
I'm just using a simple wifi DAC 24/96 Wolfson chip

For the sub I went with a 10" Hertz HX250D. I wanted to keep it for sound quality, and am pretty happy with the quality of Hertz.
I will likley demo an Hertz unit as synergy is good!

I had the box custom built with an amp drawer for the 5.1K. My box builder is 800 miles away, and with your provided measurements be builds it to your specs. He uses a CNC so it comes out perfectly. PM me if you want his contact info.
I really like your setup with what you have goin there!! i never would have thought of that.... I'll see how mine sounds and o from there..

#3 ·
I've been looking at doing that same setup after I'm done with the exterior and performance mods. Kinda curious though, did you not consider using their custom sub enclosure he sells as part of a package? I thought it came with either two Kicker Solo barrics or hertz subs. Or are you simply trying to put it in the trunk as part of the anti theft process?

#8 ·
I've been looking at doing that same setup after I'm done with the exterior and performance mods. Kinda curious though, did you not consider using their custom sub enclosure he sells as part of a package? I thought it came with either two Kicker Solo barrics or hertz subs. Or are you simply trying to put it in the trunk as part of the anti theft process?
Their? whos setup? are you typing to me??? hehe

#4 ·
I have the complete R35 Audio Package and the 8" Hertz Sub in the small box wasn't enough base for me. I was going to fiberglass a box in the trunk, but this turned out to be easier and was less invasive.

#5 ·
Same reason I sold my R35 audio setup.

#6 ·
Do you have pictures of where your tweeters are mounted and how it looks? I was wanting to install the Mille's, but due to their larger size I wasn't sure where/how they would fit. Thanks!

#10 ·
Can anybody post screen shots of their bit ten setup for each channel, I have been trying to set up my system for weeks but can not get the imaging and cross over points right, I have tried both active 2 way (plus sub) and three way with one channel for the 6.5 and the other for the mid/tweed. I have morel elate components and a JL 10W6 sub in a jl high output ported box powered by a audison LRx 5.1 and bit ten processor

#11 ·
Sorry, no screen shots.. But i believe each bit unit is configured differently for each car depending on gear and acoustics.. And the are generally set up by computer, microphone, oscilloscope, and real time analizer.

For mine i even run audiophile grade Nordost and kimber kable interconnects and speakerwire.

#17 ·
#18 ·
I have not gone into the details of the differences I think it is the data rate/ speed that it is certified for more so than the audio properties.
but at that connection. It is all data anyway in the form of bits vs what would be coming through a speaker wire. there is probably someone who can explain it better on here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.