Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Iveytune GTR transmissions FTW

5K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Mrbig 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A little over a year ago I built my car with Boost Logic and did their BL1100 pkg. Zohair really wanted me to do the BL1300 but i was hesitant because i really didnt want to spend the extra money on a full stage 4 trans with a promax. I had heard that as long as you keep the tq down around 800 and around 1000hp that you could get by with a stage 2 or 3 but didnt have to go to the complete promax which everything i was seeing and reading would cost as much to build a trans as it did to build an engine.

Zohair decided to send my trans to Sean Ivey and i have to be honest at the time i didnt know who the hell he was i just knew the name Shep and the great success everyone has had with with him. Once sean got ahold of my transmission he recomended i go with his 1.5 option which is basically the street setup with an added clutch disc ( 8 to be exact ) to save some money and with him being familiar with what setup i was going to run and the HP it would make, he was very confident it would work and last. He recomended that i go with a billet 2-6 gear setup as well but me being cheap and hard headed i figured i could make the stock gears live for a while before having to upgrade. Once the trans was back and my build was complete my car made 1130whp and 900 ft lbs of tq on BL's dyno.

Fast forward 1 year and 2 months, my trans is at Ivey as we speak for a checkup and because i thought i broke a drop gear from launching at tx2k on that sticky ass track. Turns out the the front diff is what broke, while sean has the trans he did a thourough check up and everything inside the transmission looks great. Includng my clutch pack, fwd clutch pack, drop gears etc. I have been worried sick about my trans clutches slipping and eventually giving out because honestly i never expected them to last this long. They are over 1 year old and have lasted 2 x Tx2k's events, 2 x different Texas invititaional's, 3 x qtr mile events ( which i have ran an 8sec pass @160 mph ) at one of them, and busted many peoples asses on the street. I only run my car on high boost on E85 all the time and this transmission has given me 0 trouble with the exception of breaking a stock 3rd gear ( which he warned me about from day 1 ) and burning up a couple FWD clutch packs doing epic burn outs ( thanks zohair ). The transmission has over 7k miles and as i was prepared to spend some money on new clutches, drop gears, etc. Sean tells me its all good and ready to go back in as is and keep kicking ass. Also my transmission arrived at his shop 2 days ago and he has done all this and it will be shipping back tomorrow to be here in time to make TI next week. His turn around time is very fast which is hugh because other places can take weeks if not months.

From the beginning Sean told me this transmission setup would hold and last and that there was no need in spending the additional money on a promax or anything higher. He has really looked out for me and always been there for any discussions or questions i had and always tried to save me money while also giving me a great reliable product that he stands behind. I would def recommend Sean Ivey and Iveytune to everyone.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice write up... it's IveyTune, not IveyTrans. But Ivey might as well brand the name IveyTrans for his transmissions! Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

#6 ·
For the immediate time its 2 things,

1. slap a stock one back in it and go to TI and do work.

and

2. When Peter tells you to "pull up here" on the track because its the stickiest you pull up in the opposite direction well basically when peter tells you anything just do the opposite, Now that i think of it both times he advised me to run this or do that at TX2K my shit never made it down the track. Peter is like the GTR kryptonite.

#4 ·
I'm not surprised Chris...these setups are soooooo TQ sensitive that beyond certain thresholds and power levels, stuff just starts to break. I think Zohair advised you wisely and Ivey knows what he's doing so that particular combo simply works. Let us know if you do any billet work in the front diff or just fix and replace.
Peter

#5 ·
Sean is knowledgeable about the entire r35 platform. I have his stage 1.5 trans as well, everything he has done for my car, he has backed up. No question if your in the northeast go to him.

#7 ·
Ivey FTW!!!

Sean built my motor and trans, and always does right by me. And you can't beat his turnaround time - Since EVERYTHING is done in house, things get done very quickly.

I'm just glad his shop is only 25 minutes from my place!

He also tuned and fixed up a built Evo X that I had, and got it to make 565hp on pump; so his shop does more than just GTR work.

#14 ·
IveyTune FTW, great customer service and my FBO install was flawless. Ill be going back to Ivey for a motor/trans build when im ready for more power.

#15 ·
Thanks to each and every one of you for the great reviews, we try our best, and then some.

Glad to see so many fine gentlemen pleased with our service.

Sean

#17 ·
Iveytune FTW!!!

PadrinoGTR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.