Nissan GT-R Forum banner

OEM Carbon Fiber Trunk

6K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  Ar106 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Seibon Carbon Fiber OEM style trunk installed!
Toyo R888 285/35/20 Fronts - 315/30/20 Rears installed!
ID 1000cc Injectors - installed!
Denso 265lph pumps installed!
Tim Bailey (BPU) tuned 18psi 91 pump

Thanks to:
Jack Targaczewski @ I.C.E. Performance Tires & Wheels
Joe Bach, Corey and staff @ The Scottsdale Vault

New custom wheels, interior, motor and 1,000+whp on 91 pump coming soon...

See less See more
#3 ·
I totally agree. Was hesitant at first leaving it raw as I initially was going to go with the AMS duck bill and paint it to match. I'm happy with this one and in fact, like the OEM style better than the duck bill after seeing mine side by side with a duck bill trunk.

#6 ·
How do ou like the new Toyo's ??

#7 ·
@ god2ila - Thank you!

@jdmrb1 - Love 'em! They make a slight airy noise when cruising but I don't understand where people complain that they are blatantly noisy. They grab like Spider Man's web slinging wrists. Feel completely confident taking turns at high speeds, like being on rails. The bonus? Shed 28lbs. off the car's weight by switching to these from the Potenza run flats.

#12 ·
i absolutely agree, R888s day and night different from those heavy potenzas! They are loud but if u have a catback, it wont bother! i alreday went thru 3 sets in year and a half lol my next is MPSSs tho just because it rains a lot arnd where i live and R888s hydroplane badly, but dry weather especially 55 and up, those stick like glue!!!

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
I guess the noise of the tires is all based on one's ability of hearing. For me it just sounds like the hum of a few bees flying down the road with me. I'm catless too. Then again I'm one that doesn't mind droning and loud exhaust. To me it's all part of the experience driving something with some power. The fitment on the trunk oddly enough being a Seibon fits very nice. I'm very fond of how the GTR looks without the spoiler. My heart was set on the AMS duck bill CF trunk but after having the CF OEM style on for a bit I like it better. I ordered the Seibon "DS" style CF hood

HERE:

I'll have this installed within a week. Also having the roof wrapped in matte CF and my center console interior in matte CF. I'll post pics when done.

#23 ·
Weave IMO is good. Fitment shockingly was direct and did not have to adjust at all. Bolted on and was good. A minimal gap between the hood sides and quarter panels but nothing off at all. Look very impressive in person. Lot's of compliments this far from yesterday,

#24 ·
Good to know. Been looking at a hood from Seibon, a lot of styles to pick from, but not sure of weave and fitment. I actually intend to paint the hood my oem colour and leave some of the carbon exposed so I guess weave isnt that important. More the fitment.

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
To me, it's a very in your face sort of look. Hard to miss. But maybe that's what you like. I was leaning more towards painting the whole hood and leaving some bits exposed. Since you have a matte black theme maybe consider doing the whole hood in oem white and leaving the vents/hood scoop in the natural matte finish?

Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Sent from my SM-G900H using GT-R Life mobile app

Attachments

#28 ·
Oh crap completely forgot. I saw that from before! But anyways I have seen both a silver and white gtr with a black hood and def not for me. The super silver is such a great colour, to me a few exposed carbon pieces would look great against the silver and def would be different from all the other gtrs with fully exposed carbon hoods. Something to think about anyways! Post pics whenever you decide and good luck!

#32 ·
Got that pic off instagram. His username is "omg_gtr_"

The photographer seems to be Peter Nguyen.

One of the few times I have seen pics of a black gtr with a painted carbon hood and I think it looks great!

If he is on here I hope he doesn't mind me sharing pics of his car, but to me looks great. Almost makes me consider bumper canards as well!

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.