Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Wrapped my GTR in Satin White Pearl, extensive sound "deadening", interior parts wrapped, suede top half, custom audio system, build pics included

14K views 92 replies 36 participants last post by  droptopp 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

I never took the time out to make a post about my car, bought it a few months ago and immediately got to work on it.

2009 GTR Premium

2012+ bumper wired up.

I wrapped the entire vehicle in Satin White Pearl from Avery Dennison.

I also did extensive sound deadening, reduction, and absorption.

Full coverage with Second Skin sound Dampening CLD Tiles on all surfaces these act as a sound Dampener(prevents surfaces from Vibrating, resonating, etc)

Followed up with Dynapad on the floor and Second Skin Luxury Liner Mass Loaded Vinyl on all surfaces from the rear seats to the front seat mounts This Acts as a sound Barrier. (Prevents sound from passing through)

Transmission Tunnel area in the back received Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro(prevents sound from passing through and absorbs some sound) to help eliminate transmission noises. Doors also received a full layer of Luxury Liner Pro to go along with CLD Tiles.

Front Wheel Wells were Coated in 3m undercoating. Plastic Liners were covered with a closed Cell foam with Aluminum Backing.

All interior panels from the rear seats forward, and from the glass line down received a layer of 3m Acoustic Thinsulate.

While the car was apart I wrapped the interior trim pieces in brushed black metallic and I did the A-pillars, headliner, visors, B/C-pillars, and rear deck in black suede.

All Plastics were Re-Coated from Cream/Neutral to black using SEM Color Coat Satin Black.

While the Car was down, she also went FBO E85 thanks in large part to Bill @ Spray-it Racing and Rob @ Kaizen-tuning who were both great in helping me get what i need, as well as rob for being Very Thorough in the tuning Process.

Next Up is the Audio System.

It will be Full Focal Utopia 3-Way Active setup
Mosconi Amplifiers and Mosconi Processor.

Still on the fence with the Subs and possible Changing out the Headunit.

See less See more
#3 ·
It does look great. My friend just had a satin white pearl wrap done on his gtr and it looks great too! 8.6 1/4 mile too

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

#11 ·
You can remove the headliner without removing the windshield. You just have to do some bending, praying, and cursing to get it out!

#23 ·
A few small updates.

Starting wrapping the trunk panels in suede to prepare for the audio system build.

And my amps/processor arrived gave me a bit of a chub to be honest. �

Packing materials Package delivery Shipping box Computer monitor Peripheral
Rectangle Font Material property Automotive exterior Glass
Hood Rectangle Bumper Vehicle door Gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

#27 ·
#43 ·
No edges shots of the GTR. I guess I didn't think to take any cause it's kinda cheating when you take the whole car apart. �

But here are a couple other cars I do have shots of.
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Hood Automotive exterior
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Attachments

#36 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thank you everyone.

Been a LOONG winter. Finally got back to work on everything.

I also added a shep 2.5 trans while she was down. Bought SBD800/1000 turbos also.

New side skirts and wheel spacers too.

Anyways. Back to the system...

I rebuilt the doors and had them completely re-wrapped in real leather and diamond stitched suede.

So I rigged up a shape that I thought would flow with the doors and made a few templates using it.

Here it is laid out in the door.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Guitar accessory Automotive tire

Wood Floor Automotive design Font Flooring

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.