Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Requests or Suggestions for Ecutek Features

36K views 211 replies 64 participants last post by  shadeofnardogray 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Re remembering logging parameters, we are building a feature list at the moment for ProECU and this feature is on the list. Interested if you have any others you'd like...aside from live tuning and end user tuning abilities. The kind of things I'm interested in are the blue skies stuff...so if I start you off with a few along the lines I'm thinking...voice activated map switching; auto logging when a fault is detected and so on...let me have your ideas.

#6 ·
Hi, yes, Richard Lamb at Aquamist already has a set up for the BRZ using our software, and with Phase 5 it is also possible to set this up for the GT-R using Custom Maps. You could run a simple on/off closed loop system or a more sophisticated system with a flow meter connected. And with Phase 5 you could use it with or without 12 injectors.

#5 ·
How about getting the stock TC light flashing when the EcuTek TC is kicking in?

Interfacing with the Toucan display which works so well on Syvecs equipped cars. CAN communication would give a nice view of logging parameters?

#16 ·
Rolling boost with one button without the need to have to set the speed, this would work as follows:
  • Turn on Cruise Control
  • Press and Hold the Cancel button
  • Mash gas pedal, boost starts building
  • Let go off the Cancel button and HOLD ON
ideality would be nice to be able to do this, for roll racing events setting the speed when your opponent is NOT a GT-R it makes it very hard to keep pace. I know is possible because I have seen it setup this way on one of the earlier BETA releases of Phase 5 so come on just make it available on the public release PLEASE ?

Thanks

#17 ·
+100000 that would be a great feature!

#18 ·
^^ Yes, simplified rolling boost and Mac OS version.

#20 ·
Yes indeed.... simplified quik action rolling launch would rock

#24 ·
The adjustable gear shifts, is this 3D against PPS?
Also is it possible to have different shift up points to the downshift points? e.g. 2nd up to 3rd at 2500rpm, but 3rd down to 2nd at 2000rpm?

#32 ·
^^ Yes, boot camp works well and i dont NEED Mac OS, but it would be nice not to have to reboot every time i log data. I can live with the current setup, but you asked ;)

#39 · (Edited by Moderator)
How about:

1. The ability for some of the parameters to be displayed in a larger format (digital gauges would be awesome) so they can be monitored on a daily level for those running tablets that are mounted in the car. Talking with a friend he said he would love to see fuel pressure, fuel temp, afr left, afr right, iat and knock correction.

2. The ability to record DTC's with time stamps as a file since there is storage capability with laptops and tablets. That way if you clear them, there is still a record of the DTC. Even with Cobb, I would always take a picture with my cell phone first before I erased it just in case it was relevant info I need to pass onto my tuner or for own tracking purposes.

#40 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here's my list:

1. Get rid of the vexing USB key. There are other reliable authentication/authorizations means out there that don't require me keeping track of something that is a pain in the ass to use with tablet computers and can be lost easily.
1.1 Ability to run the software without the USB key (so I can look at logs and such)
2. +1 for mac compatibility
3. +1 for mobile device integration -- think Cobb AP without needing a proprietary device -- would make logging so much easier
4. Fuel pressure monitoring as a built-in feature without needing custom maps
5. User tunability (limited)
6. Live tuning
7. Knock sensitivity scaling based on Ethanol content

#49 ·
Just want to say thanks for being proactive and receptive to EcuTek user needs - dont see Cobb or others here asking how to make their products better ;)

#59 ·
Peak indicator on each gauge. Ie.. A red line on the gauges of the mfd indicating what the peak was

I realize this may be mfd related and not ecutek but I figured if Cobb could make it flash and the boost is selectable then maybe there's a chance.

#63 ·
**UPDATE**

We figured this one couldn't wait - @JimA, @GT-R_Nova, @GT-Rpilot, @Mr. G, @GZILA850 testing late on Friday night (the guys emerged out the dyno looking as though they had just walked off the set of The Revenant) has delivered you Simplified Rolling Boost. Just doing some more testing but should be available next week just in time for TX2K. It will work as you all want it as per JimA's specification.

#64 ·
Excellent, thank you!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.