Photo

Another EFR Stock Manifold Build

Borg Warner; 6758; Undercover ; Built Engine

37 replies to this topic

#1 pgordon888

pgordon888

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:18 AM

So, as some of you may have seen from my recent comments my build was recently completed at Undercover Performance. Here is some more detailed information on my build goals, specs and overall experience.

My Goals : Super Responsive and Versatile

My GT-R is first and for most my daily driver. I use it every day during the week to drop off my oldest daughter at school on my way to work and whenever I can on the weekends if my errands permit. That being said, I only put about 3500 miles on my car a year because I live and work in the city and my commute is short. I have my wife's truck for our family vacation and heavy duty errands. Most of my longer trips in the GT-R are to the track. I try to hit a road course twice a year and I make it to the drag strip maybe 6 to 8 times a year. Cars and racing are one of my primary hobbies and I hope to make it to the track a lot more as my young kids get older. All of this is a long winded way of saying I wanted an engine/turbo set-up that would not sacrifice the excellent drivability and "
fun around town" feel of my old FBO E85 set up and that would be very responsive on a road course. Improving my times at the drag strip was a nice to have secondary objective of my build but not the primary objective so I knew I wanted to stick with a 900whp+/- stock manifold set-up but overbuild everything else for reliability and in the unlikely case I ever decide to go with a bigger turbo set up.

Build Path and Specs

After I owned my GT-R for a few weeks I was pretty sure I wanted to fully build it and keep it long term rather than trading it out after 2 years like I have done with my last few cars. I didn't see anything else in the market that met my versatility needs and was as much fun to drive as my GT-R and my view was (and is) that in a decade or so the R35 GT-R will be viewed as something of a highwater mark for "digitally analog" Japanese sports cars if the NSX tell us anything about what is to come. I also only have garage parking for two cars so a 3rd dedicated "fun" car is not really in the cards any time in the near or midterm. This freed me up mentally to put some money into my GT-R.

If I was single I would have fully built my GT-R immediately after deciding to do so but family related spending and saving put me on a staged build path that many of your are familiar with. I started my mods immediately after purchasing my 2014 GT-R new with exterior stuff like a full bumper to bumper Excel ultimate paint protection wrap and some clear side markers. A few months later after my first POS check up and oil change and when I was sure there were not any factory quality control issues with my powertrain I went FBO e85 other than my stock downpipes and added some aftermarket wheels and tires. A year later I replaced the stock suspension with the Litchfield kit and my brake lines with SS lines. About a year later I was back at the shop switching out my stock downpipes for AMS catless downpipes for better sound and response from my HKS Spec R Ti exhaust but with the switch to a catted Cobb midpipe for emissions and refinement purposes (all exhaust components DEI heat wrapped and bungs added post midpipe cats for secondary 02 sensors). At this time I also switched over form MAF to SD tuning and added an AMS dual Omega fuel system set up to my GT-R as one of the last intermediate steps I thought I could take before really spending a bunch of money on engine/turbo/tranny upgrades.

Thinking about next steps was hard but I knew it would consist of a full transmission build stage (Shep1K + drop gears + axles) or a full motor build and turbo upgrade. I know many split up the engine and turbo upgrades separately but that approach duplicates labor cost and downtime for the two engine drops and if you upgrade the turbos first this creates even more risk than a FBO E85 set-up to the stock block. Once some very lightly used Linney stock manifold EFR turbos (Borg Warner 6758 EFRs) and a FMIC kit feel into my lap last fall the engine + turbo path choice was pretty much the clincher on top of my view that safety and broken part cost mitigation warrant building the engine rather than the transmission first even at FBO e85 levels. With all that set-up here are my build specs:

· Linney Stock Manifold EFR (BW 6758) + PTP Turbo Blankets in lieu of factory heat shields + UCP custom fabricated hardlines in lieu of flexible lines in kit (see pics below)

· UCP/Drummond Race Cars Mid Level Built 3.8L (10.1 CR AMS/Manley Extreme Duty Pistons, Manley Turbo Tuff Connecting Rods, Kelford 266 Cams + Springs, ARP Studs, Kurt Brown Ported OEM Intake Manifold)

· AMS fuel rail kit + upgraded fuel lab regulator

· Buschur Racing Pro Catch Can

· Buschur Racing Front Mount Intercooler Kit (Street) + Tial BOVs

· AMS Omega dual brushless fuel system

· Gotboost SD and fuel failsafe kit

· Visconti V2 flexfuel kit

· Gotboost 3 inch intakes

· FIC 1650cc injectors

· DEI Heat Wrapped AMS downpipes

· DEI Heat Wrapped Cobb catted midpipe

· HKS Spec R Ti exhaust

In December of 2016 I will add the following:

· Shep 1K + drop gears

· DSS Pro Level Rear Axle Kit

· T1 Trans Brace

· AMS Trans Pan

· AMS Coolant Expansion Tank (should have done with this build)

Since I am going with a full Shep 1K route in a few months I did not see the sense in going with an intermediate 2.5 level trans build until then since I would still need to detune anyhow for stock 2-6. Even a simple clutch upgrade seemed like it would involve quite a bit of duplicated expense with R&R, fluids, and shipping for the trans and then the clutch would need to be upgraded anyhow for the full trans build baskets.

In December, I am also considering swapping out my HKS exhaust/Cobb catted midpipe combo for a 4 inch straight through titanium option like Linney's Titan or the ETS exhaust but I am not quite sure I want to dump my cats yet unless there is a significant wall we hit in tuning because of the more restrictive exhaust set-up.

The Results

Both my pump gas and E85 dyno graphs are included in the pictures below but my final low reading mustang dyno#s (remember detuned for my stock transmission) are 766whp/660wtrq on E85 and 703whp/601wtrq on pump gas. For reference my FBO e85 set-up did 570 who/560 wtrq on this same dyno. My tuner thinks these turbos will put down over 900 whp on this dyno on e85 once my trans is built and we can turn them up full tilt. Can't wait!

As you would expect for a stock trans tune, the torque in my build tune comes in gradually and stays flat while horsepower builds steeply to my now cam extended 7700 redline. On the street, I do not detect any loss in low end off the line response from my new set-up nor do I feel any increase in spool (perhaps this will change later after my trans build and the turbos can go full tilt off the line assuming my tires can handle). However, after 3500 rpms the new turbos feel bonkers and pull strong all the way through redline. No more fallout in power at 5800 rpms like the stock turbos. My GT-R powerband feels much more race car like now and kinda of like my old e90 M3 but with much more torque, so much so I can light up all 4 tires from a 40 roll WOT. I also love the unique ti wheel spooling sound of the EFR turbos, which dominates the engine sound from about 2500 rpms to 5500 rpms. It is really hard to explain but I have never heard anything like it before.

For those of you who have already made the jump beyond bolt-ons none of this will sound particularly interesting or new to you but for those of you who have not the power jump here is definitely more noticeable and transformative than from stock to FBO e85. But what is great about this stock manifold turbo set-up is it does not seem to have resulted in a sacrifice of any of the fun around town driving feel and responsiveness of my fbo e85 set up.

I have only had the car back for about a week at this point and will share more as I spend more time in the car over the summer. I can't wait to get to the drag strip to see how my times have improved. Weather looks not too great for tomorrow and I am away for two weekends in May so it may not be till June when I can get the car to the track but I am planing on regular trips starting after that and will share my results.

Choice of UCP as My Shop and my Experience

As I said in another thread, I always have my cars worked on locally and like being able to see progress firsthand and have local support for events, maintenance, and follow up service/tweaks, which is why I chose UCP for my build and all my prior FBO e85 mechanical work and tuning work after they become an Ecutek tuner.

I would be lying if I said I was a little shocked and frustrated with all the drama from a few weeks back with Max and UCP but Carmelo and Arjay really stepped up to work through all the front office side of my build and straighten everthing out in terms of my parts, bills, scope of work etc. Without getting in to details, I really believe that they are trying to make a bad situation right and are much better without Max handling the front office/sales and being their online persona on this site. I look forward to see what Carmelo can do with the shop moving ahead.

In terms of the shop side of my build, I have no complaints and I wish to give many thanks to Drew (the main mechanic working on my car) and Garth (my tuner) for a great job. The build did take 12 weeks instead of 8 weeks but the holdup was attributable to the machine shop (Drummond) keeping my engine for 8 weeks rather than the 4 weeks anticipated due to their racing build backlog and I do not attribute this to UCP. In fact, my engine was removed from my car within a day of dropping off my GT-R at UCP and once my engine came back from Drummond, UCP worked diligently to get all my mechanical work and tuning done in 4 weeks. Drew did an excellent job on the mechanical work and the little bit of fabrication work for my build (see custom hardline pics below) and sent me daily updates on progress. Garth spent a bunch of time getting my tune just right and is following up with me on logging after delivery to make sure everything is running right on the street and at the track and to do any fine tuning I want. So far I have only run E85 but the tune seems to be running great even in slow speed driving, which was one of my concerns jumping to bigger injectors and a higher compression engine.

I will update this thread with further impressions as I spend more time with car over the summer. If any problems arise I will be transparent about them. As I said on another thread, I am gainfully employed outside of the auto industry as an attorney and am not compensated by UCP in any fashion for sharing my views and like to think I am unbiased.

In the mean time, here are some build pics below:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by pgordon888, 29 April 2016 - 12:04 PM.

Current Rides:

2014 Blue Pearl GT-R Premium (Borg Warner/Linney 6758 EFR on 10.1 CR 3.8L + Shep 1K)
Linney Stock Manifold EFR (BW 6758) + PTP Turbo Blankets; Drummond Race Stage 1.5 3.8L (10.1 CR AMS/Manley Extreme Duty Pistons, Manley Rods, Kelford 266 "A" Cams + Springs, ARP Main + Head Studs, Ported OEM Manifold); Shep 1K "drag pack" trans; Kaps AWD controller; AMS fuel rail kit; BR Pro Catch Can; BR FMIC; AMS Omega dual brushless fuel system; AMS coolant tank; Full Expel Ultimate wrap; Stillen skid plate; 2015+ LB Headlights; JDM clear side markers; Morr VS51 Comp 20x10, 20x12 with Toyo R888R 285/315 and Rays lugs; Litchfield Suspension Kit; Litchfield Handling Kit; Goodridge G Stop SS Brake Lines; AP Racing J Hook Rotors + Endless MX72 pads; Procom Ecutek SD flexfuel and TCM tune; GB 3 inch intakes, Omni 4 bar SD kit and IM sensor; ID 1700cc injectors; Tial BOVs; Linney 90mm downpipes (Gen 2); Linney Titan ti exhaust (Gen 2 Street version)

Loaded 2016 Blue Flame Ford F-150 Scew Lariat Sport 3.5EB 145WB (Leer 750S + Hellwig Sways + Airrite Tow Bags)

Last Few of Note:

2012 MB CLS63 P30 Renntech (Lunar Blue Exterior/Grey Interior); 2009 E90 BMW M3 Dinan (Lemans Blue Exterior/Grey Interior); 2006 CTS-V (Red Exterior/Black Interior);2004 RX-8 (Gun Metal Exterior/Red Interior); 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (Blue Exterior/Grey Speedcloth Interior)

#2 pgordon888

pgordon888

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:19 AM

Reserved for results.

Edited by pgordon888, 22 November 2016 - 01:51 PM.

Current Rides:

2014 Blue Pearl GT-R Premium (Borg Warner/Linney 6758 EFR on 10.1 CR 3.8L + Shep 1K)
Linney Stock Manifold EFR (BW 6758) + PTP Turbo Blankets; Drummond Race Stage 1.5 3.8L (10.1 CR AMS/Manley Extreme Duty Pistons, Manley Rods, Kelford 266 "A" Cams + Springs, ARP Main + Head Studs, Ported OEM Manifold); Shep 1K "drag pack" trans; Kaps AWD controller; AMS fuel rail kit; BR Pro Catch Can; BR FMIC; AMS Omega dual brushless fuel system; AMS coolant tank; Full Expel Ultimate wrap; Stillen skid plate; 2015+ LB Headlights; JDM clear side markers; Morr VS51 Comp 20x10, 20x12 with Toyo R888R 285/315 and Rays lugs; Litchfield Suspension Kit; Litchfield Handling Kit; Goodridge G Stop SS Brake Lines; AP Racing J Hook Rotors + Endless MX72 pads; Procom Ecutek SD flexfuel and TCM tune; GB 3 inch intakes, Omni 4 bar SD kit and IM sensor; ID 1700cc injectors; Tial BOVs; Linney 90mm downpipes (Gen 2); Linney Titan ti exhaust (Gen 2 Street version)

Loaded 2016 Blue Flame Ford F-150 Scew Lariat Sport 3.5EB 145WB (Leer 750S + Hellwig Sways + Airrite Tow Bags)

Last Few of Note:

2012 MB CLS63 P30 Renntech (Lunar Blue Exterior/Grey Interior); 2009 E90 BMW M3 Dinan (Lemans Blue Exterior/Grey Interior); 2006 CTS-V (Red Exterior/Black Interior);2004 RX-8 (Gun Metal Exterior/Red Interior); 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (Blue Exterior/Grey Speedcloth Interior)

#3 pgordon888

pgordon888

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:19 AM

Reserved

Current Rides:

Last Few of Note:

#4 ipeefreely

ipeefreely

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:18 PM

That was a great read! THanks for all the info so far as I'm definitely in the same shoes as you in terms of building it in stages.

I have a question though, I noticed you built the engine / turbo set up first and kept the tune mild to save your tranny. But won't it still be in great danger of breaking considering you're well over 600 torque?

#5 pgordon888

pgordon888

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:50 PM

That was a great read! THanks for all the info so far as I'm definitely in the same shoes as you in terms of building it in stages.

I have a question though, I noticed you built the engine / turbo set up first and kept the tune mild to save your tranny. But won't it still be in great danger of breaking considering you're well over 600 torque?

Thanks for taking the time to read it. Just trying to share my thought process and experience, be it valid or not.

You do raise a valid point on the trans. My understanding is that torque being ramped in gradually in my tune to that eventual 600lb + peak is a failure mitigant but there is no doubt this is an aggressive tune for a stock transmission. If it breaks I just will build my trans sooner. Got to pay to play. If my trans fails at this power level it is most likely to only damage parts I would have had to rebuild anyhow unlike say a thrown rod on a stock block with aftermarket turbos.

Btw, my clutch capacities are at +5 and I haven't felt slip yet but only time will tell.

Current Rides:

Last Few of Note:

#6 PianoProdigy

PianoProdigy

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:28 PM

Glad the turbos have met your expectations thus far! It is hard to believe they can be as responsive as stock, and I think you'll eventually find some small differences in response here and there, but overall, they are a great upgrade, especially for the deal we made! Excited to see what they will do full tilt on your setup when the trans is built.

#7 Turbohardtop

Turbohardtop

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

did the turbo come with all new water and oil lines as in the pics?

Edited by Turbohardtop, 29 April 2016 - 04:30 PM.

#8 pgordon888

pgordon888

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:51 PM

did the turbo come with all new water and oil lines as in the pics?

Ben's kit comes with lines that work fine. They are just flexible lines and I wanted hard lines like the oem turbo lines for added durability.

Current Rides:

Last Few of Note:

#9 pgordon888

pgordon888

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:52 PM

Glad the turbos have met your expectations thus far! It is hard to believe they can be as responsive as stock, and I think you'll eventually find some small differences in response here and there, but overall, they are a great upgrade, especially for the deal we made! Excited to see what they will do full tilt on your setup when the trans is built.

Thanks again! Will keep you posted. Hope to hear about your car making some serious passes soon!

Current Rides:

Last Few of Note:

#10 pgordon888

pgordon888

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:26 AM

Finally got out to the drag strip. Weather has been crap in the northeast last few weeks. Anyway, there were so many cars at Atco and resulting break downs that I only managed to get in one run. Went 10.206 @ 134.5 on mpss street tires with really bad clutch slip on the 3 to 4 shift and resulting power cut. Full weight with two car seats in the back too. Would have loved to have time to try upping my clutch capacities to +7 +7 on a second run to see if that would hold power better and improve my time. If I didn't have slip I think I would have been in the 10.0xx range.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pgordon888, 21 May 2016 - 10:33 AM.

Current Rides:

Last Few of Note:

#11 PianoProdigy

PianoProdigy

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

Yeah, that slippage and power cut killed your 1/8 to 1/4 trap speed split. You should see a 30-31 mph pickup with those turbos (I looked at my slips) and you saw 26. Still shows potential of the setup.

Edited by PianoProdigy, 21 May 2016 - 10:40 AM.

#12 pgordon888

pgordon888

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

Yeah, that slippage and power cut killed your 1/8 to 1/4 trap speed split. You should see a 30-31 mph pickup with those turbos (I looked at my slips) and you saw 26. Still shows potential of the setup.

Yeah I definitely think there is a bunch of potential here. Very much enjoying the turbos. I seem to recall you trapping mid 150s on these right? Was that on 18 inch drag radials?

Edited by pgordon888, 21 May 2016 - 01:27 PM.

Current Rides:

Last Few of Note:

#13 PianoProdigy

PianoProdigy

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:42 PM

Right, 18" radials on rears. Also have carbon ceramic brakes. Best trap at drag strip was 151 or 152 though I never had car out when it was really nice and cool.

#14 pgordon888

pgordon888

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:47 PM

So I thought I would update everyone on where my build stands. I had a bunch of fun with my GT-R this past year on the street and at the track but as expected the stock trans really held me back and the best ET I could muster at the drag strip was a 10.12 on my stock trans and MPSS tires. My engine has performed flawlessly with great oil consumption and pressure and I just got it compression checked and everything looks good. That being said my trans is on its last leg so anyone who tells you can run 800 hp+/- and 650 trq on s tock trans for any extended period of time with hard track use is lying to you. But in any event this is about to change as I dropped my car off to finish the trans side of my build last week. I moved my build to Procom Racing in Toms River, NJ to follow my mechanic Drew who left UCP right after he finished my car.

Here is what I will have done over the next month:

Shep 1k + drop gears + Dodson / Shep trans pan + T1 trans brace + full trans and did fluid flush
DSS Pro 1000hp+ axle kit

Litchfield handling kit

AP Racing J Hook Rotors + Endless MX72 pads + Endless fluid flush and fill

Swap MPSS tires on summer rims for R888R 285/315 (summer street set up, considering dedicated drag strip)

Add winter performance tires (Pirelli Soto Zero Series IIs 255/285) on separate dedicated winter rim set up (Forgestar f14 gloss black in 9.5, 10.5 but with custom offset to fit fender flush so no need for spacers and longer studs)

AMS coolant expansion kit and flush (can't stand the clear OEM tank)

All around 4 bar omni upgrade for SD kit and Intake manifold MAP sensors to handle higher than 24 psi boost

Ecutek Tuning + AMS fuel system tuning + Kaps AWD unit tuning

I am hoping for around 900 awhp on the Procom mustang awd dyno when complete but the #s are not as important to me as overall streetability and fun.

A few initial impressions about Procom.

So far seems like a very clean, professional and overall legit spot to have quality Gt-R work done even if it is a little out of the way for me from Philly. They use a customer accessible and cloud based build tracking program called MyShop to which they post the complete build parameters, customer and shop supplied parts, invoices, before and after car condition pics and odometer readings, build progress and part install pics, and dyno data so there is no question what work and parts have been used on your car at the shop. In my mind all performance shops should be so thorough as it really does protect both the customer and the shop as this business can be hard on both with many unscrupulous players on both sides of the equation. Lou (the shop owner) and Drew (as always) have been very responsive and helpful/knowledgeable throughout the whole process. Will update in a few weeks when I get my car back. Cheers

d6c4d0853c8fa435af7ddcb24bea1290.jpge756ce2d14ae3bf6daee9526422bc393.jpgf9723b30ca6a6f81f8baa400a05c4078.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pgordon888, 22 November 2016 - 02:37 PM.

Current Rides:

Last Few of Note:

#15 Z3GTR

Z3GTR

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

very nice!  following this.

#16 TmanGTR

TmanGTR

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:21 PM

Any update? Also following closely on this awesome build.

2016 GTR BE (Purple Monster)
Alpha stage 1 (3.8 crate motor), Alpha carbon manifold, Alpha downpipes, Alpha Race intercooler, Alpha Omega Brushless double fuel pump, Alpha coolant expansion tank, Alpha Air/Oil Separator, ​Alpha race cooling kit,  Alpha fuel rail, Alpha fuel cooler kit, Alpha intercooler pipes, Alpha Spec street & track brake package, Linney EFR6758, Linney AWD controller, Sheptrans Stage 2.5 V2, T1 Trans Brace, Tial BOV, Speed Density Kit w/ 4 bar sensor, Cobb SF intake system, ID 1700cc injectors, Visconti flex fuel kit, Password NACA duct covers, Robson Design custom carbon steering wheel, Vorsteiner V-FF 103 wheel / MPSS, Ecutek BT

*  Build by Kozmic Motorsports (Houston, TX)

** Ben Linney tuning (Ecutek Master Tuner)

2014 Viper GTS (Bumble Bee)
2010 911 Turbo S

#17 pgordon888

pgordon888

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

Any update? Also following closely on this awesome build.

Yeah sorry for the late update but I just got my car back on Saturday.  My trans had to be returned to Shep because it was missing some park function hardware, we swapped injectors during tuning (see below), then I had a boost control issue attributable to a problem OEM sensor that was replaced with an Omni 4 bar and all that cost me a few weeks on top of the holiday breaks.

In any event I am not sure how much exciting I have to report on #s now as the car was returned to me on a "soft" tune because Shep wanted my drag pack 1K broken in for a few weeks gradually rather than hitting it hard out of the gates.  More specifically I am on a wastegate boost pump gas only map (649whp/595wtrq mustang dyno).  That being said the car is still a riot to drive and since I am on winter tires right now I don't know if I really need the extra 300 hp at this point.

Instead Lou at Procom focused on smoothing out the daily drivability of the car with the new trans and I can say he really succeeded.  The car shifts smoother than it did going in with my stock trans and you would never know the car has a 1000 trq rated trans other than the awesome but subtle drop gear whirl from the back of the car.  My pump gas map was a little rough going in on low speed stuff due to my FIC 1650 injectors and Lou eliminated virtually all of that on his tune built around a new set of ID 1700s.  Overall, the car’s powerband is just as versatile, responsive, and usable now as it was when it was FBO E85 and I am very pleased so far.  

On handling, I love the new Litchfield handling kit.  The combination of that and my Litchfield suspension kit is really transformative compared to a stock DBA suspension set up (I drove a friend’s 2012 a few weeks back and it is still fresh in my mind).  Drew spent a bunch of time dialing in the alignment per Litchfield’s specs and my car feels neutral and more planted now on hard corners.   It is hard to explain but it drives more like a rear wheel drive car now; meaning I can bring the tail out and correct with a little throttle very accurately. Virtually no understeer left which took my surprise a little on the drive home.  I have had to reset my approach to steering inputs as everything is more accurate now at speed.  And this is all on Pirelli Sotozero Series II winter performance tires in OEM sizes.  I expect when I mount my summer rims with my new R888Rs the handling benefits of my suspension set up will be more pronounced.

On my new J Hook-MX72 brake package, I haven’t had a chance to get on them yet very hard but they definitely bite nicely and give great pedal feel coming from my very worn OEM pads and rotors.   

Next steps are to get some miles on the trans and then bring it back to Procom in late March to get my full boost pump and flexfuel tuning done and my summer wheels mounted.  Looking forward to seeing what #s I can post at the track on this set up with a little BOTL on the R888Rs but I am also considering picking up a dedicated drag tire set up too.

Finally, I want to give Drew, Lou, Joe and everyone else at Procom a big shout out for doing an awesome job on my car.  Great mechanical and tuning work with good customer service and communication with no drama.  I am looking forward to continuing my build and future upgrades with them.  Will keep everyone posted.      

Edited by pgordon888, 30 January 2017 - 11:35 PM.

Current Rides:

Last Few of Note:

#18 pgordon888

pgordon888

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:45 PM

Update. Clutches and gears broken in now so dropped the car off last week for full boost tuning. Looks like 840 whp / 780 trq on e75 with a very conservative and safe tune. Picking up the car today and will report back after I have a little seat time on the street and at the track. Hoping to make it out to Atco first weekend of March weather permitting. 7253fd0a26c5155c9d8e069309dec2b3.jpgfaf232b4c66cc93933a0fc8426e1892d.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Rides:

Last Few of Note:

#19 droptopp

droptopp

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

Super fun numbers !! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMS Alpha 9 built and tuned by STM
AMS Crate motor, Alpha Cams, AMS DP, STM MP, HKS Legamax
STM Race FMIC 22x18x4.5, full 3" piping, ID 2000, Speed Density
Sheptrans OneK, E85, Advan GT 10/12 285/315 R888
STM Heartbreaker Mustang Dyno 850/710
Dynojet 950/802 +/-
60-130 4.3 seconds
150+ mph traps full weight

http://i57.tinypic.com/2uetqn9.jpg

#20 pgordon888

pgordon888

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

Super fun numbers !!

Yes they sure are. I did some wot runs when I picked up the car and that extra torque really makes a difference on the butt dyno. Was really surprised my pirelli sotozero winter tires held the power but I am on the max traction awd controller map and that litchfield handling kit really make the car feel more planted.

Current Rides:

Last Few of Note:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users