#1 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,528 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:59 AM

Posted Image

With the 2017 GTR now officially on sale GTRLIFE member Sinister has supplied us with an updated line graph that gives a striking visual of GTR pricing from its inception in 2008 all the way up to the today. You will see the 2017 GTR window sticker bares little resemblance to that of the original R35, but no one will argue it is also a much more refined car. the newest GTR sports a hefty additional 85 horsepower over the $70K 2009 something that is uncommon to see within a life cycle even if it is closing in on a decade. So ask yourself has the "Cost of Evolution" been worth it?

Click here to view the article

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2015 Juke NISMO RS
Instagram MCGTRN1SMO
Twitter @MCGTRN1SMO

Youtube MCGTRNISMO

#2 ipeefreely

ipeefreely

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:49 AM

No.

#3 GTR_Kevv

GTR_Kevv

Boricua

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:26 PM

yes, the car actually looks like its worth 100k...

#4 ipeefreely

ipeefreely

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

yes, the car actually looks like its worth 100k...

No.

I think the GTR was always a cool looking car. But 100k? Nope.

#5 MMC Racing

MMC Racing

R34 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:55 PM

The real market for this car is $90k base price + add-ons. While there will be some initial interest in the 2017 near its MSRP, next year it will need to sell in the 90's.
2015 GT-R Deep Blue Pearl Premium
Linney EFR 7158 turbos, Tuning, SD Kit, Traction Control Knob, AWD Controller, Throttle Bodies, Fuel Rails | Ecutek BT | ID2000 injectors | SBD Intakes, 4" Exhaust, Downpipes, FFT Wheels | Shep 1K | T1 Trans Brace
Visconti Flex Fuel, Fuel Basket with dual 485, Hardwire Kit | Buschur Race Intercooler, Pro Catch Can, Roll Bar | AMS built short block

2016 Mustang GT
Procharger Stage 2 | nGauge | Lund Tuning | Long Tube Headers

#6 JewCareBear

JewCareBear

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:25 PM

The car is worth 100K when it comes to performance and technology, but people that have 100K+ to spend care more about brand name and interior build quality/looks..

Nissan is forgetting that a huge number of the GT-R fans are not rich people, but people coming from other JDM's with a stretch.

- GReddy Catless / Unresonated Mid-pipe - SBD Catless / Unresonated Down-pipes - Linney Tune on COBB

#7 F80AYM3

F80AYM3

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:51 PM

It's overpriced just my opinion.

#8 NaranKPatel

NaranKPatel

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:51 PM

The car is worth 100K when it comes to performance and technology, but people that have 100K+ to spend care more about brand name and interior build quality/looks..

Nissan is forgetting that a huge number of the GT-R fans are not rich people, but people coming from other JDM's with a stretch.

I absolutely have to agree with comment, I just switched from Subaru STI to 2017 GT-R and its very expensive dream come true

#9 JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6

Pumps one and two, hit 'em!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:22 AM

Yes, the changes have been worth it. You can start factoring in power and reliability mods to get the original to the point where the new ones are now, making the price difference not as large as it would seem. That's the truth.

2015 GT-R Pearl White Premium with Ivory leather | Stock
2014 Subaru WRX STi Limited | Dark Grey Metallic with black leather | Stock | All weather/bad weather daily
1993.5 Supra Turbo | Baltic Blue with black leather | 6spd | 3.77 Torsen LSD | SP57 | RPS manifold | ViPEC V88 | 525/500rwhp/tq

#10 GTR_Kevv

GTR_Kevv

Boricua

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:08 AM

No.

I think the GTR was always a cool looking car. But 100k? Nope.

its ok to disagree :) yes the GTR has always looked great but IMO it needed this refresh.

#11 cjmatt

cjmatt

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:41 PM

we should also graph this with incentives...the green line seems about what ive seen most people pay for any model.

#12 Dntlvet

Dntlvet

SpecV Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:57 PM

Appreciation to Sinister and MC for posting this.
Value is truly a matter of opinion and market.
2016 Porsche GT4
2015 Porsche 991 GT3
2014 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
2013 GTR BE
2010 BMW M3

#13 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,528 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:28 PM

we should also graph this with incentives...the green line seems about what ive seen most people pay for any model.

mid 80s was the sweet spot for the incentive cars in 2014/2015. the problem with graphing that is even if its a 5K-10K incentive like we have seen.. you dont get to the 80's unless the dealer comes off their margin significantly so that is where you get so many variables. as 10K off under incentive the dealer is making the same amount profit if they had sold at MSRP. you needed to get to about the 17K+ off threshold to really take advantage

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2015 Juke NISMO RS
Instagram MCGTRN1SMO
Twitter @MCGTRN1SMO

Youtube MCGTRNISMO

#14 tjlazer

tjlazer

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:46 PM

No. At the end of the day it's a Datsun. A great car and a great bang for the buck, but over 100k and it's out of reach for a lot of people. A lot of people should be able to afford a "Datsun" vs an Audi sportscar.
Posted Image
2010 Nissan GT-R Pearl White Premium
2009 Nissan 370Z Nismo Monterey Blue

#15 EZGTR

EZGTR

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:58 PM

tjlazer.....you could have went without posting..a Datsun...come on man..Get a DBA and maybe you will think differently.....

I do agree with the rest of the comments high 80's to low 90's is doable and you can easily justify this car as opposed to a 150K on a Porsche..
GT-R - JoTech Motorsports currently building stage 6 + some extra goodies.... 4.1 stroker,billet crank/girdle - N-Tune front bumper/splitter and side skirts with a Top Secret rear valance and diffuser - ADV.1 wheels - Custom leather diamond stitched seats done by ASM in Dallas

#16 Dntlvet

Dntlvet

SpecV Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:58 PM

Huh Lazer? Its a GTR. Greater value to me anyway.
2016 Porsche GT4
2015 Porsche 991 GT3
2014 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
2013 GTR BE
2010 BMW M3

#17 tjlazer

tjlazer

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:13 PM

Lets get back to reality folks! Sorry to break it to you but you own a Nissan.

Nissan on one hand is a brand like VW and one of the great things about this brand is the great value to cost factor. Apparently all except the GT-R. I mean since Nissan wanted to make more money they had to come out with the Infiniti line which is more in line in comparison to Audi...

Comparing Nissan vs Audi is not a good comparison. It's easy to understand Audi's cost more. The Audi R8 is a similar car and at well over 100k it is acceptable.

Example, the new Infiniti Q50 3.0 TT will be around 60k. That is fine as the Infiniti is more in line with a luxury car line. Like Audi.

Most people who are well off will just not pay $110k for a Nissan! They will simply go for the Audi/Porsche/Lambo, etc. Nissan needs to lower the price. If they do, they will sell more. I think $80k would be a good price point. Keeps the Fast and Furious fan boys at bay for a while. ;)

Edited by tjlazer, 04 August 2016 - 06:29 PM.

Posted Image

#18 EZGTR

EZGTR

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:23 PM

hmmm I just sold my Audi RS5 (will be roughly 100k fully loaded premium in 2017) to buy my GT-R and I would say every aspect of the GT-R is a better car...Audi makes higher end cars at all levels which in my opinion is clouding your judgement, Nissan has a bunch of average daily drivers and decided to invest in making a HIGHER end car (GT-R) that is a completely different animal then all other Nissan's..

I will gladly pay the money for a GT-R and blow the doors off cars that cost twice the money straight off the showroom floor.....
GT-R - JoTech Motorsports currently building stage 6 + some extra goodies.... 4.1 stroker,billet crank/girdle - N-Tune front bumper/splitter and side skirts with a Top Secret rear valance and diffuser - ADV.1 wheels - Custom leather diamond stitched seats done by ASM in Dallas

#19 BryanArg

BryanArg

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

hmmm I just sold my Audi RS5 (will be roughly 100k fully loaded premium in 2017) to buy my GT-R and I would say every aspect of the GT-R is a better car...Audi makes higher end cars at all levels which in my opinion is clouding your judgement, Nissan has a bunch of average daily drivers and decided to invest in making a HIGHER end car (GT-R) that is a completely different animal then all other Nissan's..

I will gladly pay the money for a GT-R and blow the doors off cars that cost twice the money straight off the showroom floor.....

Agreed. I had a R8 for a week, turned it in, and got my GTR.

A lot of people still get hung up on the fact that Nissan makes it. If it had a Lamborghini logo on it, the story would be different. Overall, 100% more satisfied with the GTR.

#20 tjlazer

tjlazer

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

Believe me I love Nissan and the GT-R. I really like the new 2017 too. But I get why the platform is not selling well. It's as I described above. Name branding is a big factor.

Edited by tjlazer, 04 August 2016 - 06:31 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users