104 replies to this topic

#41 Silversamurai Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:05 PM

Silversamurai
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

View Postswatts007, on Apr 13 2011, 09:58 AM, said:

Chantilly Nissan offered me $1,500 over invoice for a 2012 premium. It took them 5 days to come to this price but by that time I had already made my purchase out of state at Kelly Nissan of Lynnfield in Mass. for $1,500 over invoice.

Long story short is that Chantilly Nissan will deal to $1,500 over invoice.

No not really, gave me the run around all last week. Padding the money factor severly, low balling my trade of a 2010 GT-R and saying they will take off a $1000.00 off the MSRP for a 2012. Now I am looking elsewhere for a dealer that does not want to play games and waste my time.

#42 Viper TT Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

Viper TT
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 134 posts
I purchased my 2012 GT-R from Preston Nissan in Hurlock, MD and they were very straight forward and professional.   I also just had the 1000 mile POS service done and everything went very well.  They treated me respectfully and had the service manager deal with me directly.

2013 Super Silver GT-R

'99 Twin Turbo Viper GTS
Full Weight - IRS - Drag Radial
Built by Drummond Race Cars
6.96@215.75mph on DR's

#43 thewraith Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:10 AM

thewraith
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
I just called Chantilly Nissan for a service appt and was told that Dan no longer has a GT-R tech. :yourock:

#44 Lt. Dan Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

Lt. Dan
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

View Postthewraith, on Jul 6 2011, 08:10 AM, said:

I just called Chantilly Nissan for a service appt and was told that Dan no longer has a GT-R tech. :lmfao:

Correct. The service teams have been shifted here. Minh IS STILL HERE HOWEVER!!! He now works for a gentleman named Fitz. Nice guy, and very helpful. You can either contact him by phone (703-889-3700), or I can pass along a message for you through here.

Don't worry, I plan on still hanging out here (SCCA racer, and track junky), and hopefully I'll have a GTR Tech again in the near future.

Dan

#45 thewraith Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:27 AM

thewraith
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
I dropped my car off at Chantilly Nissan on Monday. Although the service manager (Fitz) was a nice guy, I am VERY DISAPPOINTED at the loaner I got. I got an Altima (which is ok, I guess), but the car is FILTHY. I pointed out that the car was filthy and was told that the car wash and the vacuums are out of service (hard to believe, but ok), the car had almost no gas in it, and there are food crumbs, spilled soda or coffee, and dirt EVERYWHERE. I was also told that this is the only loaner available.

:(

I was expecting at least a Maxima, or any car that's CLEAN. From what I've heard, the tech (Minh) is worth it- but thus far I'm very disappointed. I have owned a few other "supercars" and a few other high end auto's and have never been given a dirty loaner vehicle. Hell, Range Rover gives me a fully loaded Range Rover everytime and even covers my gasoline. Audi will pick my A8 up from my door and flatbed a loaner to me, and it's almost 5 years old.

Edited by thewraith, 20 July 2011 - 07:49 AM.

#46 pi-man Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

pi-man
  • Supporter
  • OnTrack Maniac

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

View PostLt. Dan, on Jul 6 2011, 06:47 PM, said:

Correct. The service teams have been shifted here. Minh IS STILL HERE HOWEVER!!! He now works for a gentleman named Fitz. Nice guy, and very helpful. You can either contact him by phone (703-889-3700), or I can pass along a message for you through here.

Don't worry, I plan on still hanging out here (SCCA racer, and track junky), and hopefully I'll have a GTR Tech again in the near future.

Dan

So, can Chantilly still service the car or do we need to find somewhere else now? I'm hoping I can still work with you guys.

Edited by pi-man, 20 July 2011 - 12:06 PM.

#47 thewraith Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

thewraith
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
I went back to Chantilly Nissan today. I must say that the service today was OUTSTANDING! Fitz really went out of his way even thou I screwed up the time and showed up two hours late.  He was very accommodating and my loaner was sparkly clean.  He also gave me the best price out of all the dealerships in the area.  Service was quick and communication was great. I'm a customer as long as I own a Nissan.

#48 Harrison Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

Harrison
  • Members
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts
I'm glad you had a great experience with them.  I dropped my car off last month for a tpms sensor problem and 2 year pos service and Fitz, took great care of me as well.  They reset my tpms and gave me free state inspection as well.  Love these guys.

Posted Image

#49 zebekias Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

zebekias
  • Members
  • R35

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
My 18k service is coming up, sounds like I'm gonna have to take it to Chantilly Nissan.

2014 Red/Amber Red, stock

#50 Mid-Life Crisis Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:20 AM

Mid-Life Crisis
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
I brought my 2009 GT-R into Herb Gordon Nissan yesterday, for engine code warnings related to a Nissan service bulletin (emissions). Now, I have had some issues with Herb Gordon in the past, at least with their prices, but since this was warranty work that obviously was not going to be an issue. I will tell you that I was treated first class all the way, from how I was welcomed by the Service Rep and the Director of Herb Gordon Nissan, put in a decent loaner, and called promptly during lunch (as I had been promised earlier) to tell me the vehicle was ready. The car was also parked right out front, which, normally I tell the dealer involved to not do, because of possible door dings. But they had put up traffic cones all around it (plus it's an attraction for their dealership to have a shiny red GT-R sitting out in front of the store). Anyway, I don't say this often but thumbs up to you, Herb Gordon.

'14 Premium White GT-R w/ Red Aniline premium interior)
'08 Pontiac G8 GT (Daily Driver 2009 Special Edition Holden VE clone, with 432 RWHP)
Past Rides
'11 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon (Sold)
'09 Premium Red GT-R (Sold)
'12 EVO MR (Sold)
'07 BMW M6 Coupe (Sold)
'09 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
'05 Audi S4 (sold)
'06 Infiniti M35 Sport (sold)
'04 Subaru STi (sold)
'02 Subaru WRX (sold)
'91 GMC Syclone (yes, a second one--the first caught fire--sold)
'91 GMC Syclone (sold)
'86 Buick Grand National (sold)
'86 Olds Cutlass Calais International Series (sold)
'86 Z24 (sold)
'85 Fiero (sold)
'81 Mustang (sold)
'64 Rambler (sold)

#51 shingtr Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

shingtr
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 121 posts
Good to hear Mid-LIfe, they are only 4 miles from my house but I have to go other places because the price they are is so much, I guess warranty works only.

SOLD - 10 SS

#52 zebekias Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

zebekias
  • Members
  • R35

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Does Herb Gordon Nissan have a GTR tech?

#53 shingtr Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

shingtr
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 121 posts
Yes they do

SOLD - 10 SS

#54 zebekias Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:24 AM

zebekias
  • Members
  • R35

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
I took it to Chantilly Nissan.  I had all the fluids.  I paid $530 for labor, shop supplies and tax.
They put no miles and had the car garaged inside the building at all times.  Fitz very pleasant.

I would had been 100% happy had they not messed with tire pressures.  Some jockey top them off to 36psi cold.  Hopefully with nitrogen.
I took them down to 33psi cold.  Winter is coming, and they'll soon be at 29psi cold on their own :zzz:
No biggie, but if a service department can't get a small thing like that right, it makes me wonder...

#55 Mid-Life Crisis Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

Mid-Life Crisis
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

View Postshingtr, on 01 October 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

Yes they do
Yeah, and he's pretty good. But as Shingtr pointed out, they are so expensive, so I only bring mine in for warranty work. I mean, $200 oil changes? Please! I don't know if they still do it, but White Marsh Nissan lets me bring in my own oil/filter (as long as it's spec) and just charges $20 for the labor. The GT-R technician there, Andy, is top notch. By the way, Shingtr, if Herb Gordon is only four miles from your house, then we're not too far from each other. I'm less than five miles from that dealership, coming from the Colesville area. Are you the Gun Metallic GT-R I've seen on Kemp Mill Road? That's the only one I've seen in my area and up on Rt 29 north. I see more GT-R's close to where I work, because of the AAM Competition store nearby.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT (Daily Driver 2009 Special Edition Holden VE clone, with 432 RWHP)
Past Rides
'12 EVO MR (Sold)
'07 BMW M6 Coupe (Sold)
'05 Audi S4 (sold)
'04 Subaru STi (sold)
'02 Subaru WRX (sold)
'91 GMC Syclone (sold)
'86 Z24 (sold)
'85 Fiero (sold)
'81 Mustang (sold)
'64 Rambler (sold)

#56 shingtr Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

shingtr
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 121 posts
Midlife I have seen you driving s on 29 many times, I live by maple lawn, super silver

SOLD - 10 SS

#57 stickman33 Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

stickman33
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 41 posts
Has anyone gone to Len Stoler in Owings Mills?  Its between them and Frederick Nissan - Len Stoler is more convenient given I work that way.  I just didn't see any comments about them in this thread. Thanks.

#58 stickman33 Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

stickman33
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 41 posts
Secondly, I purchased my GTR from Passport Nissan in Marlow Heights.  Good experience, service techs were very attentive and I'd definitely consider going there - but they are 1.5 hours from my where I live so its tough to go that route.

#59 Kumaik Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

Kumaik
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

View Poststickman33, on 11 December 2011 - 08:06 PM, said:

Secondly, I purchased my GTR from Passport Nissan in Marlow Heights.  Good experience, service techs were very attentive and I'd definitely consider going there - but they are 1.5 hours from my where I live so its tough to go that route.

What year GTR is your? If it's 2009 -2011 I'd recommend Carmax Nissan, in White Marsh.  Setting up an appointment isn't the best experience but their tech Andy is awesome.  Been going there since 2009.

Edited by Kumaik, 14 December 2011 - 10:06 PM.

2009 GTR Premium Gun Metal Grey
2003 G35 Coupe 6speed Black/Wheat (sold)

Best Clear Bra Installer in the Mid-Atlantic Region (Dave @ Pro-Shield) 703-304-9898

#60 Mid-Life Crisis Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:29 AM

Mid-Life Crisis
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

View PostKumaik, on 14 December 2011 - 10:05 PM, said:

What year GTR is your? If it's 2009 -2011 I'd recommend Carmax Nissan, in White Marsh.  Setting up an appointment isn't the best experience but their tech Andy is awesome.  Been going there since 2009.
They were the ones that refused to work on my GT-R recently, or rather after the appointment was scheduled the Service Tech called me back and told me she was cancelling the appointment. When I spoke to the Service Manager about it, he initially said they decided that due to a previous issue I had with them (being charged almost $100 to, "fix", a TPMS error code, which was cleared by checking, by the way) I guess they just didn't want my business. He later reconsidered, as he said he wanted to right a wrong, but in the end I decided I would pay a few more bucks to drive five miles versus an hour's drive (with tolls) and get my work done at Herb Gordon. I do agree that Andy is a good GT-R Tech, though.

Past Rides
'12 EVO MR (Sold)
'07 BMW M6 Coupe (Sold)
'05 Audi S4 (sold)
'04 Subaru STi (sold)
'02 Subaru WRX (sold)
'91 GMC Syclone (sold)
'86 Z24 (sold)
'85 Fiero (sold)
'81 Mustang (sold)
'64 Rambler (sold)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users