• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Yancy Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

Yancy
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 381 posts
As many of you know, just purchasing and maintaining the GTR is going to cost some big dollars.  Get your wallets ready if you plan to upgrade this car.  Here is a link for the Amuse GTR exhaust....$5,175.00.  :o  I cannot leave a car alone once I get it, so I may wait for a year or so before making my decision to buy a GTR or not.  I want to get an idea of the costs on all other upgrades before I start a new project.  Just thought you'd all like to see that the exhaust can now be ordered.    

http://www.bulletpro...ail.php?ID=6534

2003 Nissan TT 350z - Forged Built and Tuned (sold 10/11)
2014 Infiniti Q50s AWD Hybrid Ruby
2011 Infiniti G37X AWD Sedan Pearl White
2012 Super Silver GTR Premium - GB Intakes, AMS Dp's, Titek Ti 90mm mid-pipe, Titek Ti 90mm Race Exhaust, SIR pumps, SIR 1000cc injectors, Ecutek Flexfuel, Dodson Superstock Clutches.

#2 ShahulX Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:38 PM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts
blah, US manufacterers in the united states will make exhaust just as good and be $2000 cheaper

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#3 ShahulX Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:41 PM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts
good find though... Gains?

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#4 the King Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:56 PM

the King
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,042 posts

ShahulX, on Feb 10 2008, 07:38 PM, said:

blah, US manufacterers in the united states will make exhaust just as good and be $2000 cheaper
Tell me some good ones that make exhaust that are as light as or lighter than stock......

Tommi Makinen Edition aka Evolution 6.5: full GSR trim, Coilovers.

#5 SiNzz Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:59 PM

SiNzz
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
I want to know what sort of power that's putting out. Perhaps even more importantly, I want to know what the car sounds like without the pitiful sounding stock exhaust!

#6 dave

dave
  • Guests
They certainly look to be worth the 5k. But we will get alternatives that are cheaper, but Amuse is top quality stuff. They are justified in charging that much for the GT-R.

#7 Toykilla Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

Toykilla
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts
First of all, Amuse is a very high end brand. Secondly, their exhaust is FULL TITANIUM. That shit is expensive in raw material form, much more so when turned into a work of art like Amuse has done.

That being said, I plan on buying the Amuse exhaust =P

#8 clokwork Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

clokwork
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
Geez.. My car is staying stock.  F* that!!! lol

Dark Metal Gray/Gun Metal | Black Interior | Premium Package | Ipod Connector | Floor Mats |

#9 Neoseven Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:04 PM

Neoseven
  • Supporter
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

dave, on Feb 10 2008, 09:45 PM, said:

They certainly look to be worth the 5k. But we will get alternatives that are cheaper, but Amuse is top quality stuff. They are justified in charging that much for the GT-R.

Sorry, but I have to ask.  Why are they justified?  They are asking with that price, approx $2,000 more that a 350Z exhaust in Ti.  Both are V6 engines, but require approx the same amount of material to make the product.  Both require approx the same amount of work to research and design the product.  I expected to see slight increases in prices from 350Z exhaust prices, but nothing on these levels.  I for one do not see it as justified.  But, soon enough, competition will do what it does and price will come down as all of the manufacturer's get their competing product to market.
If I remember correctly, wasn't Mines Ti cat back exhaust approx $1,500 cheaper than this?

#10 lunatictokyo Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:18 PM

lunatictokyo
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 32 posts
The most expensive exhaust Amuse current sells is the RS-Silent Gold Ring for the Z33, and it retails for roughly $3000.  The construction and design on that exhaust looks no different than the one for the R35.  Yet, the R35 exhaust will sell for $5175.  This is not too surprising considering Amuse knows exactly the demographics of their market.  The bottomline is that the  people who buy the GTR and modify it will have cash out of their backpockets, and majority of them will probably not want to buy a "cheapy exhaust" from M2-Hanbai (http://www.m2-hanbai.com/)  Powerhouse Amuse caters to a specific group of buyers, and they are pretty successful at doing that.   I gotta admit they are making a raping on each R35 exhaust that they sell, and they will probably sell quite a few of those.

Especially with all the type surrounding the R35, putting it on the same level as Porsches, Ferraris, etc.   I'm not too surprised to see prices going into Porsche territory.  However Amuse's price is probably edging on the higher end of the spectrum since they are charging for 'exclusivity' for their blue colored titanium tubing.  I think ARC's pricing will be similiar to Amuses, and maybe AP Boss too.  But the majority of the titanium exhaust from Trust, HKS, will probably fall along the line of Mine's pricing which is around $3500.

To the guy that says "someone will make it for $2000 less and it will be just as good".  You're absolutely right.  But look at it this way, Louis Vuitton bags cost upwards of $1500-$2000, but function wise, a girl can buy something from Walmart that does the exact same thing for $25.  Bottomline, some people have the money and will pay for that prestige.  By no means am I justifying Amuse's $5k pricetag considering I think it's a ripoff.   But with all the hype leading up the release, much of this was already doomed to happen.

For those that still want cheaper, then just wait for the copycat china made exhaust to start showing up.   Then there are always the regular nontitanium exhaust =)

For what I think is just as big of a rip, $250 for a paper air filter from Mine's.

Edited by lunatictokyo, 10 February 2008 - 11:35 PM.

#11 Kris@GTRBlog Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:06 AM

Kris@GTRBlog
  • Media
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
When mass production kicks in you will see economies of scale lower the prices. It takes time to create perfect jigs and get your Chinese production facilities up to speed.

Posted Image
GTRBlog.com- Your Source for R35 GT-R News

#12 ShahulX Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:18 AM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

neoseven, on Feb 10 2008, 10:04 PM, said:

Sorry, but I have to ask.  Why are they justified?  They are asking with that price, approx $2,000 more that a 350Z exhaust in Ti.  Both are V6 engines, but require approx the same amount of material to make the product.  Both require approx the same amount of work to research and design the product.  I expected to see slight increases in prices from 350Z exhaust prices, but nothing on these levels.  I for one do not see it as justified.  But, soon enough, competition will do what it does and price will come down as all of the manufacturer's get their competing product to market.
If I remember correctly, wasn't Mines Ti cat back exhaust approx $1,500 cheaper than this?

100% agree with you here Neo

Vishnu, AMS , AGP , etc etc.... And those are great brnad names here and easily accessable

[/b]
[/color]

#13 ShahulX Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:19 AM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

100% agree with you here Neo

Vishnu, AMS , AGP , etc etc.... And those are great brnad names here and easily accessable

[/b]
[/color]

#14 jmunjr Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:20 AM

jmunjr
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,869 posts

sewid, on Feb 10 2008, 10:06 PM, said:

When mass production kicks in you will see economies of scale lower the prices. It takes time to create perfect jigs and get your Chinese production facilities up to speed.

Mass production for an exhaust kit for GT-R...that is made out of titanium?  I dunno, I'm not really feeling the economies of scale with this thing.  Maybe if it was for a Mustang...

2009 Nissan GT-R, Premium Edition, Gunmetal/Black, Clear front & rear markers, HKS resonated mid-pipe, JRZ RS Pro Silent Coilovers, Forged sway bars, Alcon Superkit BBK, Kognition rear wing, Aeromotions front splitter, BSE transmission cooler, DIY front brake cooling ducts, flatulence-infused seat cushions

#15 dave

dave
  • Guests

Justified because it just came out, its version I. After 2-3 years it will cost the same as the 350z one probably. Also, this is for the GT-R. They are only about 5 exhausts made for the GT-R as of right now. All of them are expensive, Amuse is more expensive because of the quality and time taken to make this. Everytime something new comes out of course it will be very expensive. Wait until it gets competitive and they need to drop their prices.

#16 ShahulX Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:07 AM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts
^ evo tuners learned to buy US made parts, cheaper and just as good plus its so much nicer to be able to talk to tuners an have them on your board

We need to invite some US tuners here to get a presence like a vendor board for aftermaket

[/b]
[/color]

#17 Neoseven Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:16 AM

Neoseven
  • Supporter
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts
If this is where Japanese tuners are going, I will be buying US and Australian tuner parts.  It's not like you are getting better quality from Japan.  The best turbo manifold for my S15 was from a US company, not a Japanese company.  The best intake manifold & throttle body  for my S15 came from an Australian company, not a Japanese company.  I have no problem with the Japanese tuners, and love seeing what they are doing, but when they start markup up products, just because, I will buy elsewhere.

#18 Arch5 Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:31 AM

Arch5
  • Media
  • NAGTROC design team

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts
I'll wait for APS to come out with something. :o

#19 Justice Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:13 AM

Justice
  • Members
  • Sobchak Security

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
The Amuse exhaust will definitely be going on my GTR.

14 Premium White/Red 2100 miles (for sale)
14 Premium Gray/Red 4700 miles (for sale)

#20 Nyce Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:14 PM

Nyce
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 42 posts

clokwork, on Feb 10 2008, 09:54 PM, said:

Geez.. My car is staying stock. F* that!!! lol
I feel ya dawg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users