Photo

Visconti Tuning - EcuTek Phase 5.2 RaceRom is Here!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Visconti

Visconti

--- EcuTek Master Dealer --- COBB Authorized ProTuner

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:18 AM

Phase5.2%202_zpsstitn7ng.png

It is with great pleasure that we’re announcing the release of EcuTek’s incredibly capable Phase 5.2 RACEROM to all our Visconti Tuning Customers. This is an excellent opportunity for those who haven’t yet had the chance to experience the true capabilities of RACEROM, to finally see what they’ve been missing.

Phase 5 (September 2015) Information please read this thread - Click Me!

Phase 5.1 (April 2016)  Information please read this thread - Click Me!

NEW Features Introduced in Phase 5.2:

Support for the new EcuTek iOS ECU Connect APP! (Bluetooth)

ECU Connect APP will have very limited functionality without Phase 5.2 RaceRom

For more information on iOS ECU Connect APP please Click Here

Custom Map Activation

• Activate a custom map using the new EcuTek iOS ECU Connect APP. - Pop Bangs, Traction Control etc etc

Custom Map Inputs

• 'Custom Parameter 1-5' - This allows you to further control custom features using the new EcuTek iOS ECU Connect APP.  - Adjust Pop Bangs or Traction Control etc etc

Updated Features Introduced in Phase 5.2:

Boost Control Turbo Dynamics Activation Update

• 'Wastegate Duty PI Boost Error Activation'  & 'Wastegate PI Throttle Activation' replaces the old PI activation which was based on a set boost level. This allows better control of when wastegate error correction activates AKA Turbo Dynamics. This is a great improvement for the already best boost control system currently available for the GTR

Speed Density Update

• Speed Density Atmo Pressure Compensation' We are now able to make fuel adjustments based on elevation which will make the car run more consistent no matter where you drive it!

Map Switching Update

• Map Switch Descriptions - You can now view Map Switch description the tuner has setup using the new EcuTek iOS ECU Connect APP
  • Map Switching can now be performed using the new EcuTek iOS ECU Connect APP

Launch Control Update

• Adjust Launch Control RPM - Using the new EcuTek iOS Connect APP you can now adjust launch control RPM without putting the car into Launch Control mode.

Boost-Off-The-Line Update

• Using the new EcuTek iOS ECU Connect APP you can now adjust the BOTL Target Boost settings on-the-fly

RaceRom Boost Controller (RBC) Update

• The tuner now has the option to make MAX Target Boost the same in all switchable MAPS. If you set MAX Boost to 30 PSI in Map/Mode 1 it'll be set to 30 in 2, 3 and 4.
  • Using the new EcuTek iOS ECU Connect APP you can now adjust the boost target

Valet Mode Update

• ENABLE / DISABLE Valet Mode using the new EcuTek iOS ECU Connect APP
  • View Valet Mode Staus using the new EcuTek iOS ECU Connect APP

Non-Custom Code ECM Updates:

*Note Worthy Updates released since 5.1*

Stationary Rev Limiter

• Allow you to rev the piss out of the engine like a child when in park

Fuel Pump Control

• Primary Fuel Pump Priming Time - Perfect for big fuel systems that need a extra second to prime the fuel system

Dwell Time

• Fine tune the Coil Dwell Time - Helpful on BIG BIG HP cars and cars with modified ignition systems

Knock Control Fine Adjustment

• Have the ability to ignore a wide range of frequency's picked-up by the knock sensor -  This helps with false knock correction on built motors 

Edited by Visconti, 26 November 2016 - 10:05 AM.

#2 Visconti

Visconti

--- EcuTek Master Dealer --- COBB Authorized ProTuner

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:33 AM

Should I upgrade from Phase 4 to 5.2?:

I always tell people if your car is running fine don't change anything BUT Phase 4 RaceRom was released January 2014, it very dated now.

Phase 5 brings Fast Flash, hard coded Boost Control, hard coded Flex Fuel, more advanced custom maps and Super High Speed Logging with larger data steam capacity.

Phase 5.1 gives you the ability for One-Touch Rolling Launch and improved cold start when on Ethanol.

Should I upgrade from Phase 5.1 to 5.2?

EcuTek's new Bluetooth Interface and ECU Connect APP only works on Phase 5.2.

ECU Connect offers flexibility that has never been seen before - datalog and email your tuner from the comfort of your phone, quickly adjust review or adjust clutch settings on-the-go with no wires to worry about.

I just got tuned, what version RaceRom do I have?

If you were recently tuned then you mostly likely have RaceRom 5.1 that does not support ECU Connect.

If you some how got a beta version of 5.2  (you shouldn't have!) I highly recommend you ask your tuner for a release version of 5.2 - there were a lot of improvements that were added this past week.

Upgrading from Phase 5.1 to 5.2 isn't simply re-saving your tune file in a new version of ProECU, your tuner will need to copy and paste all your Fuel, Ignition, Boost, Flex Maps back into the updated tune file. Experienced tuners can do it in 15-30min depending how complicated your tune is - Custom Features / Custom Maps etc

If you were tuned by me and have questions about the EcuTek updates I would prefer a email but if you think you're question would benefit others then just ask in here!

John@vtune.us

Edited by Visconti, 26 November 2016 - 06:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users