37 replies to this topic

#21 trackeditiongtr

trackeditiongtr

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

Those are hideous. Wonder why anyone would buy those.

crazy old blond lady who ran for office supporters.............. and check your pm :) 

Edited by trackeditiongtr, 07 January 2017 - 08:30 PM.

#22 Ducati955

Ducati955

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:52 PM

good, less is more in america, there are plenty now, only around 11k is usa. 

2011 pearl white gt-r
2007 335i bmw/fully modded, loved that car, rearended totaled out
1997 toyota tacoma turbo on 38's
some other toys too

#23 tcollier23

tcollier23

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

Trying to feel good about my 2016 premier purchase in November

#24 trackeditiongtr

trackeditiongtr

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

Trying to feel good about my GTR premier purchase in November 2016 ...all I see is I'm a loser...can anyone help me feel better about this..well..gees, could've purchased a other competitors for 65K and I've now landed a 100K whale....f that !! I understand for every positive there's 100 naysayers...I want to like my car and the choice I made....are there any purists who can tell me "stay with the program"....it's a good machine ?

I really don't think you should take it as that, you bought an awesome car out of the box go and drive it and enjoy it. Do not get caught up on internet garbage and or the political mess everyone wants to start about. Look at it this way you didnt buy a porsche and you didn't get that stigma with it as a Porsche owner nor do you have that Corvette mentality that comes with a corvette and all of the money you'd have to throw into it to be on par or better than a GT-R you bought a great car. Learn it, work on it and know your car and its not how fast you are or how much faster you can be in it........its a car that will keep learning ability growing, think of the GT-R as a Tom Clancy Spy novel that just never ends :)

You bought a learning machine that will constant keep your interest peaked in the learning process. +1 

btw that comprable 65k car will probably catch fire and will be 1/3rd of its value in 24 months. so you didn't loose. The Jalopnik Fan boi's have no idea about how to work on a GT-R no source parts as they are to busy beating off to a Audi or a Sabb picture from the 70's 

Edited by trackeditiongtr, 09 January 2017 - 10:26 PM.

#25 trackeditiongtr

trackeditiongtr

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

Btw, I know Nissan Corp is always reading this. Please clean up your service drives with modern technology = I-Pads service tablets for the service advisors and take the service drive intro time from 10 min to 2 min, Cut the paper/bs time waist at the dealer service drives.

Dealers still using outdated 80/90's  at the local dalers tech and its costing a lot of money to the dealer/service advisers and tech's............

Edited by trackeditiongtr, 09 January 2017 - 10:27 PM.

#26 haul s

haul s

I Haul Ass

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:05 AM

Trying to feel good about my GTR premier purchase in November 2016 ...all I see is I'm a loser...can anyone help me feel better about this..well..gees, could've purchased a other competitors for 65K and I've now landed a 100K whale....f that !! I understand for every positive there's 100 naysayers...I want to like my car and the choice I made....are there any purists who can tell me "stay with the program"....it's a good machine ?

LOL, it isn't like you took delivery of a '14 in July 2014... there, feel better now? ;)
2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
Posted Image
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

#27 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,074 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:08 AM

LOL, it isn't like you took delivery of a '14 in July 2014... there, feel better now? ;)

yes unfortunately that was the equivalent of 

2539682-firedog.gif

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2015 Juke NISMO RS
Instagram MCGTRN1SMO
Twitter @MCGTRN1SMO

Youtube MCGTRNISMO

#28 tcollier23

tcollier23

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:25 AM

I feel better already !!  Thanks !!

#29 ipeefreely

ipeefreely

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

I don't get it. 

#30 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,074 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

The dealer incentives hit and were for the first time totally unexpected and the whole GTR market new and used  dropped about 20k in a matter of weeks

2015 Juke NISMO RS
Instagram MCGTRN1SMO
Twitter @MCGTRN1SMO

Youtube MCGTRNISMO

#31 haul s

haul s

I Haul Ass

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:06 PM

Yeah, and unlike GTR track experience, Nissan didn't retroactively extend the incentives to its recent 2014 GTR customers.
2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition - haulin' ass!
Posted Image
---
2004 Audi B6 S4 Sedan MT6 - SOLD - OG ass hauler
Brilliant Red, Black/Silver

#32 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,074 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:01 PM

I guess to their defense the incentives were never customer rebates consumers are used to and never meant for the buyer to  even know about. we blew the lid off that. They were strictly money for the dealer to do with as they pleased to encourage them to come off their prices a little to move inventory and still make a the profit they were used to.   what happened is  and what I didnt think they anticipated was the cars were so stagnant dealers unloaded them using up all their margin and then the 10K on top of that just to get rid of them which created those 18-22K fire sales.

2015 Juke NISMO RS
Instagram MCGTRN1SMO
Twitter @MCGTRN1SMO

Youtube MCGTRNISMO

#33 Lex97h

Lex97h

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:40 PM

MC, there were reports that some members were able to obtain leftover 15 MY at an alarming $25k off the sticker. How is that possible? And where is the dealer getting the incentives from to cover the $25k or are the dealer losing their ass over the deal?
Posted ImagePosted Image

I perform repairs and custom work of gauge cluster LED for a fraction of dealer cost.

#34 MC

MC

NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,074 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:02 AM

There was a 10k incentive on 15s but on top of that the margin on these cars is around 12k+ true dealer cost buying from nissan. So 25k is bit of a loser with incentive but made up in the bigger picture. The sweet spot for selling these cars for the dealer was about 15kish off under incentive as they didn't have to dip into their 3% holdback.

The exception to that is I see some leftover 16 cars with no incentives going for  15k off and those are losses but again they either send them to auction dealer trade ect ect. But again loosing a few thousand to get rid of a year old GTR is made up when you hit someone hard on their trade in and then load them up on adds ons for a murano

a lot of people are asking me lately if I know of  incentives for the 17 coming off these bad sales numbers and honestly I have no clue.  logic would say yes at some point but we thought  16s would see the 10K when 17s hit and they didnt

2015 Juke NISMO RS
Instagram MCGTRN1SMO
Twitter @MCGTRN1SMO

Youtube MCGTRNISMO

#35 ipeefreely

ipeefreely

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:42 AM

There was a 10k incentive on 15s but on top of that the margin on these cars is around 12k+ true dealer cost buying from nissan. So 25k is bit of a loser with incentive but made up in the bigger picture. The sweet spot for selling these cars for the dealer was about 15kish off under incentive as they didn't have to dip into their 3% holdback.

The exception to that is I see some leftover 16 cars with no incentives going for  15k off and those are losses but again they either send them to auction dealer trade ect ect. But again loosing a few thousand to get rid of a year old GTR is made up when you hit someone hard on their trade in and then load them up on adds ons for a murano

a lot of people are asking me lately if I know of  incentives for the 17 coming off these bad sales numbers and honestly I have no clue.  logic would say yes at some point but we thought  16s would see the 10K when 17s hit and they didnt

Are Nissan execs at this time just not seeing the sales numbers or just not caring? lol

#36 Fastnine

Fastnine

R35

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

MC, there were reports that some members were able to obtain leftover 15 MY at an alarming $25k off the sticker. How is that possible? And where is the dealer getting the incentives from to cover the $25k or are the dealer losing their ass over the deal?

i picked up my 14BE  in dec of 14 for 86K sticker was 110K , I'm not sure how they cover it i often wonder if the dealer lost money on my sale..

#37 trackeditiongtr

trackeditiongtr

SpecV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

Are Nissan execs at this time just not seeing the sales numbers or just not caring? lol

I hope you guys read the EPA update that just got signed this week.............you do know that means no 2020............GTR..........regarless what Nissan Japan is saying this is a total stop - cluster fuck beyond anyone else's thought at the moment, car makers like Crysler/Fiat means no more Hellcat nor Big V8 cars...........the CAFE EPA rule went from 

The program covers model year 2012 to model year2016 and ultimately requires an average fuel economy standard of 35.5 miles per US gallon (6.63 L/100 km; 42.6 mpg-imp) in 2016 (of 39 miles per gallon for cars and 30 mpg for trucks), a jump from the current average for all vehicles of 25 miles per gallon.

Now a bump to the CAFE EPA law @ 50MPG will be the end of a lot of cars / suv's in the marketplace.

#38 Lex97h

Lex97h

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

Wait, what? No 2020 R36? That can't be right. 

Posted ImagePosted Image

I perform repairs and custom work of gauge cluster LED for a fraction of dealer cost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users