i dont see any info in the manuals  about it

#2 Rich@ViscontiTuning

Rich@ViscontiTuning

R32 Member

• Vendors
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:58 PM

Launch control lets the vehicle be launched at a higher rpm.

Apply your controls to RRR. Hold the brake 100%. Apply Full throttle. ( Car is now at a high rpm and in launch control ) - Release the brake.

If you look it up on YouTube there's plenty of videos. Super simple. The car also needs to be up to operating temperatures or it won't go into launch control for safety.

Enjoy the new car buddy!

RICH@VTUNE.US

WORLDS MOST POPULAR FLEX FUEL KIT! |

MAKE TUNE ADJUSTMENTS & DATALOG FROM YOUR APPLE DEVICE WITH ECUTEKS BLUETOOTH KIT! |

VENT YOUR BLOW OFF VALVES WITH A SPEED DENSITY KIT!

MESSAGE OR CLICK THE LINK ABOVE TO EMAIL ME DIRECTLY FOR A GTRLIFE MEMBER DISCOUNT THATS NOT LISTED ON OUR SITE!

#3 Lex97h

Lex97h

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:26 PM

It's on page 5-33 in the owner's manual and Nissan calls it R-mode start function.
Posted ImagePosted Image

I perform repairs and custom work of gauge cluster LED for a fraction of dealer cost.

#4 de29

de29

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:38 AM

got it--

thank you Lex and Rich

i missed the R-Mode reference

#5 spdmn75

spdmn75

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:12 AM

Just look it up on youtube. There are many owners' videos

'15 Gunmetal GTR
(11 previous LS cars)

#6 PL_15GTR

PL_15GTR

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:08 AM

you can launch with RCR or RRR , transmission temperature has to be at 140* + 

2015 Red BE- FBO E85 flex fuel ,E-tuned by Ben Linney on Ecutek 10.20 @ 138.52mph

Posted Image

#7 Nosferatu

Nosferatu

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:10 AM

Launch control lets the vehicle be launched at a higher rpm.

Apply your controls to RRR. Hold the brake 100%. Apply Full throttle. ( Car is now at a high rpm and in launch control ) - Release the brake.

If you look it up on YouTube there's plenty of videos. Super simple. The car also needs to be up to operating temperatures or it won't go into launch control for safety.

Enjoy the new car buddy!

What's considered "operating temperatures" in this car?  Being in Florida the car is typically warm already after a rather short period of time.  I drove it the other night coming home from work (sitting outside in upper 30s/low 40s) and the car wasn't a happy camper.  Started up with transmission temps near 50 degrees.  Babied the heck out of the car (e.g. school bus like acceleration) but the first few starts and stops were a bit on the jerky side until it got warmer.  

Very temperamental car on E85 in cold but once to operating temps.... :paddleshift: I think sums it up nicely!  :wink:

2014 GT-R FBO + Litchfield Suspension + Greddy Tranmission Cooler + AMS Race Intercooler + ETS 4" Titanium Exhaust + AP Racing Jhook rotors + Flex fuel kit + FORE Innovative + ECUTek Phase 5 + HRE 3 piece forged wheels with Titanium hardware
60' 1.543 10.247 @ 135.1 MPH

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 - Manual - STOCK
2010 Chevrolet Corvette Supercharged - SOLD!!! - 650 RWHP (10.62 @ 136 MPH)

#8 PL_15GTR

PL_15GTR

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:16 AM

What's considered "operating temperatures" in this car?  Being in Florida the car is typically warm already after a rather short period of time.  I drove it the other night coming home from work (sitting outside in upper 30s/low 40s) and the car wasn't a happy camper.  Started up with transmission temps near 50 degrees.  Babied the heck out of the car (e.g. school bus like acceleration) but the first few starts and stops were a bit on the jerky side until it got warmer.  

Very temperamental car on E85 in cold but once to operating temps.... :paddleshift: I think sums it up nicely!  :wink:

Trans temperature has to reach 140*F for the launch control to activate . it's hard to do longer cool downs at the track because of that 

2015 Red BE- FBO E85 flex fuel ,E-tuned by Ben Linney on Ecutek 10.20 @ 138.52mph

Posted Image

#9 Rich@ViscontiTuning

Rich@ViscontiTuning

R32 Member

• Vendors
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

As PL said, transmission temps must be over 140* for launch control to be able to activate. Its pretty common for your first 5-10 minutes of driving for the gear changes to be notchy if the trans temp is sub 100*. 

By temperamental, if you mean your E85 cold starts are up to par, thats all in tuning and your tuner should be able to dial this in. Being in Florida and normally not getting cold weather, I'm sure its harder for your tuner to do so. Other than cold starts, there should be no other difference in cold temps from E85 to pump gas. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks, 

Rich

RICH@VTUNE.US

WORLDS MOST POPULAR FLEX FUEL KIT! |

MAKE TUNE ADJUSTMENTS & DATALOG FROM YOUR APPLE DEVICE WITH ECUTEKS BLUETOOTH KIT! |

VENT YOUR BLOW OFF VALVES WITH A SPEED DENSITY KIT!

MESSAGE OR CLICK THE LINK ABOVE TO EMAIL ME DIRECTLY FOR A GTRLIFE MEMBER DISCOUNT THATS NOT LISTED ON OUR SITE!

#10 Nosferatu

Nosferatu

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

As PL said, transmission temps must be over 140* for launch control to be able to activate. Its pretty common for your first 5-10 minutes of driving for the gear changes to be notchy if the trans temp is sub 100*. 

By temperamental, if you mean your E85 cold starts are up to par, thats all in tuning and your tuner should be able to dial this in. Being in Florida and normally not getting cold weather, I'm sure its harder for your tuner to do so. Other than cold starts, there should be no other difference in cold temps from E85 to pump gas. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks, 

Rich

Sorry I should have clarified.  It appears the battery is what struggles in the colder weather starts (cranks slower) but the car starts right up on E85.  Bill@SiR tuned it car is rock solid.  Sorry for the confusion.  

Anyways so transmission temps 140 is "warmed up."  What's "warmed up" for coolant and oil temp?  I have all three listed across the top on my main screen and I try to go off of all 3 to decide when it's time to have fun in the car.  They seem to heat up in this order coolant, engine oil, and lastly transmission oil.  

2014 GT-R FBO + Litchfield Suspension + Greddy Tranmission Cooler + AMS Race Intercooler + ETS 4" Titanium Exhaust + AP Racing Jhook rotors + Flex fuel kit + FORE Innovative + ECUTek Phase 5 + HRE 3 piece forged wheels with Titanium hardware

#11 L.L.

L.L.

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

Anyways so transmission temps 140 is "warmed up."  What's "warmed up" for coolant and oil temp? 

In for an answer.

It seems to depend on the weather based on what happens with my car. IIRC, 149 degrees is needed for full boost but full operating temp seems to vary based on ambient temperature. For example, in San Diego while it is 70 degrees outside,  fully warmed up is 170-180 degrees. In places such as Denver during the cold of winter and sub 30 temps, it never really gets above 160-ish.

Is there something that kicks on such as a radiator fan when "warmed up" occurs? 

Edited by L.L., 10 January 2017 - 03:48 PM.

IMG_1073_400.jpg

2015 Nissan GT-R Premium

AMS Alpha 9+ Turbochargers | AMS Alpha Induction Kit | AMS Alpha Front Mount Intercooler
AMS Alpha 3" Intakes | AMS Alpha 90mm Downpipes  | Litchfield 102mm Triple Silenced Exhaust
AMS 4.0 BAR Map Sensor | AMS Alpha Coolant Expansion Tank | AMS Alpha Splash Shield

Speed Density on Cobb AP3 | ID1300 Injectors | Tial Q BOV | DW300C Fuel Pumps | GotBoost Flexfuel Kit | GotBoost Fuel Pressure Monitoring Kit

Stock Block/Transmission | Tuned by Chris Black & ACG Automotive | Built by JohnWigs @ Pacific Nissan 

FS: AAM Full Intercooler Pipe Kit

#12 emcstnative

emcstnative

GTRide

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

I'm in the Florida Panhandle and we recently had temps in the upper 20's/low 30's in the mornings on my way into work.  My 2014 Prem cranks a little slow too and I have to manually shift the car due to the temps, as it will take a loooong time and rev high trying to shift in auto (I'm running Dave Buschur's TCM, which I like).  On those mornings, it won't even get to 140 deg after my 6 mile drive in to work.

Current Cars-

2014 Nissan GTR Prem, Gun Metal, HKS Spec-R, HKS res MP, MPSS, Cobb Stage 1 93, Buschur TCM

1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28, LeMans Blue, matching numbers, documented

Previous Cars-

2014 Infiniti Q60 IPL, Graphite Shadow

2011 Infiniti G37S, Pearl White

2011 Nissan 370Z Touring Coupe, Pearl White

#13 Nosferatu

Nosferatu

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:06 AM

I'm in the Florida Panhandle and we recently had temps in the upper 20's/low 30's in the mornings on my way into work.  My 2014 Prem cranks a little slow too and I have to manually shift the car due to the temps, as it will take a loooong time and rev high trying to shift in auto (I'm running Dave Buschur's TCM, which I like).  On those mornings, it won't even get to 140 deg after my 6 mile drive in to work.

That's exactly what mine was doing.  Sounds normal and just temperamental in cold weather.  That's more or less what I figured with this car.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users