1 reply to this topic

#1 samsamsam

samsamsam

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

I'm cross posting this here from the other gtrlife forum.  

Hi there, I've had my GTR for quite a while now so I'm familiar with the unique sounds this car makes.  Last week I started hearing an unfamiliar sound.  I sounds like a single loud click coming from around the right rear of the vehicle.  It almost seems to happen at random times.  I can't exactly say it happens all the time during a shift.  Today it happened when I shifted into reverse (car was cold).  But it will also happen when starting from a stop with everything up to operating temperature.  And it will happens after the car has already shifted and it isn't anywhere near shifting again.  Steering doesn't seem to affect it at all.  It happens mainly when I start from a stop.  It's just a single click or pop noise and that is it.  No grinding or rubbing.  Car performs normally with no abnormalities in performance or drive ability.  I'm changing Diff oil this week and I will try to re seat the wheels and torque to spec but other than that I'm out of ideas.  

So anyone have any experience or ideas about this?  Anything would help ease my mind.  

Thanks!

2010 GTR Premium -Forged carbon fiber front and rear lip -Te37 track wheels -Cobb BPVs Y-Pipe 3" Intakes -Greddy catback DBA 5000 rotors (4 rotors for under 1k best value!) and Hawk pads -Cobb stage 2 2013 370z Touring sport -K&N Intake -Borla Catback

#2 nismorg

nismorg

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

It could be an axle.

Pull the handbrake, put it in drive and press the gas to see if you can hear it.

After you have been driving and come to a stop, pull the handbrake, than hit the gas, or put it in reverse and hit the gas.  The click could be when the axle is loaded.

Posted Image

15 GTR Black Ed
08 E63 AMG Wagon
12 Frontier Pro-4x
14 Pathfinder Platinum

Owner of iFixedQuick
Apple iPhone, iPod, iPad, Sales, Repairs, Refurbishing
http://ifixedquick.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users