Photo
- - - - -

F1 2017

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 eseich

eseich

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:29 AM

Anyone here still following F1? Season starting this weekend and I'm keen to see whether all the new rules have any impact on the pecking order.  

Unfortunately, from the looks of P1 and P2 sessions in Melbourne, looks like nothing much has changed with Lewis on top of the time-chart by a fair margin over Seb .  So Mercs are strong again, with Ferrari and Red Bull being best of the rest.

#2 SUPER.SILVER.STEFAN.

SUPER.SILVER.STEFAN.

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

I stayed up last night to watch p2 Yes it looks like the silver arrow are still the ones to beat ! But the bulls and red guys seem closer than last year . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SUPER.SILVER.STEFAN., 24 March 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#3 MC

MC

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:32 AM

Yup watched last night too. Like the look of the cars with the wider lower profile. But yeah with rosberg out of the pic and bottas as a true #2 driver this season is clear sailing for Hamilton. The story will be how many P2 can vettel get

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2015 Juke NISMO RS
Instagram MCGTRN1SMO
Twitter @MCGTRN1SMO

Youtube MCGTRNISMO

#4 jaspergtr

jaspergtr

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:44 AM

Wasn't following - where did Rosberg go?  

Is he whining somewhere else?  

#5 hunter

hunter

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

Rosberg  RETIRED.

GTR GUY IN AZ

#6 jaspergtr

jaspergtr

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, he was old (lol!).  Finally got his championship and went out on top.  

Good for him.  

I couldn't stand him.   Damn good driver, just couldn't deal with the apparent sense of entitlement (which many drivers have - as they SHOULD have expectations from the team), but his childish emotions were visible 100% of the time - and it annoyed the crap out of me.  

#7 MC

MC

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

I think all those guys except for Ricardo have varying  senses of entitlement.  they are 100 millionaires who all live in like monaco you would too lol.  Nico seemed pretty cool he was just in an impossible and contentious  situation with the team. they were both fighting for the #1 spot and thats not how the current F1 game is set up to work. I dont blame him for getting out but I think we will see him again somewhere. he is too young and talented to never race again.  he could return in a couple years or maybe will see him on a le mans teams.

2015 GT-R N1SMO "THE ONE"
2015 Juke NISMO RS
Instagram MCGTRN1SMO
Twitter @MCGTRN1SMO

Youtube MCGTRNISMO

#8 eseich

eseich

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:15 AM

Wow, that was a great quali session - best one for quite a while. Great to see how close the red and silver cars are. Now I am excited for the race tomorrow - finally get to see Vettel and Hamilton fight in cars with similar performance! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 eseich

eseich

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:22 AM

Pity that Ricciardo crash though - looks like the cars a quite difficult to catch if they lose their rear ends. Also great to see Massa come back from retirement and qualify 7th. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 eseich

eseich

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:12 AM

Fantastic win by Vettel - feels like a Schumacher drive! Not the most exciting race but awesome to see Ferrari and Mercedes being very closely matched and Bottas being pretty close to Hamilton. Hope Kimi can turn it up for Shanghai. Love the shape and speed of these new cars. Looks like its harder to follow closely and overtake though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 Nosferatu

Nosferatu

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

agreed glad to see someone else at top...I was hoping Alonso was going to be able to secure the one point but it just wasn't going to happen.

2014 GT-R FBO + Litchfield Suspension + Greddy Tranmission Cooler + AMS Race Intercooler + ETS 4" Titanium Exhaust + AP Racing Jhook rotors + Flex fuel kit + FORE Innovative + ECUTek Phase 5 + HRE 3 piece forged wheels with Titanium hardware
60' 1.543 10.247 @ 135.1 MPH

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 - Manual - STOCK
2010 Chevrolet Corvette Supercharged - SOLD!!! - 650 RWHP (10.62 @ 136 MPH)

#12 ssmonkeytuning

ssmonkeytuning

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

Yeah, he was old (lol!).  Finally got his championship and went out on top.  

Good for him.  

I couldn't stand him.   Damn good driver, just couldn't deal with the apparent sense of entitlement (which many drivers have - as they SHOULD have expectations from the team), but his childish emotions were visible 100% of the time - and it annoyed the crap out of me.  

Amen to that!

As for the race, I feel that Hamilton was a bit self-destructive. He was complaining about his front tires the whole race even though his times were right on point. That is the main reason he lost the race, when he pitted in too early thinking he needed to change tires. But he is still my favorite for this year's championship

#13 jaspergtr

jaspergtr

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

agreed glad to see someone else at top...I was hoping Alonso was going to be able to secure the one point but it just wasn't going to happen.

I don't think Vettel is going to be there long...  It was pit strategy that put Vettel on the podium - which is a great team effort.  BUT - the faster car often finds itself at the top eventually.  

#14 eseich

eseich

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:09 PM

Well, that was an enjoyable Shanghai GP. Great overtaking move by Vettel on Ricciardo - drove round the outside and banged wheels!   Outstanding start by the "young dude" Verstappen, passing 9 cars (I think Lewis forgot his name during the podium interview - LOL).    Unlucky for Vettel when the SC came out after he swapped out the inters, otherwise may have been a close fight for the lead.  Its also interesting to see that DRS is not helping as much now for cars that are evenly matched, and seems to only let the car behind get closer.  Pretty excited for Bahrain GP in a week. 

#15 ssmonkeytuning

ssmonkeytuning

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

Its a bit nerve wrecking to see Ferrari being so close this year for 2 races in a row. Will be a great fight!

#16 eseich

eseich

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:42 AM

Wow, Alonso is skipping the Monaco GP to race in Indy 500, in the Andretti team!  No oval experience - will be interesting to see how he does.  

#17 jellydog

jellydog

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:58 AM

Wow, Alonso is skipping the Monaco GP to race in Indy 500, in the Andretti team!  No oval experience - will be interesting to see how he does.  

I think they are trying to make him happy because how they are doing in F1, I'm pretty sure he will have a good result then do race in Le man 24 hr race

#18 eseich

eseich

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

Most entertaining race of this season so far. Great drive by Seb, lucky with the pit stop and safety car timing, and drove a very controlled race after that. Poor Alonso - ridiculous how slow his Honda is - all his efforts through the corners, and gets overtaken again down the straights. No wonder he wants to give the Indy 500 a go. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users