1 reply to this topic

#1 ShoGunn of Panama

ShoGunn of Panama

R35

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:28 PM

...In particular, AMS duckbill. I've installed my trunk and can't get it to horizontally level out. It's painfully obvious due to the carbon clashing with my OEM white that the bumper and bottom of trunk have a gap on the passenger side. I've tried the obvious of tinkering with the hatch/latches of every combination to get it leveled. My only conclusion is that the hardware from my OEM trunk such as the height adjustable pegs must be transferred to give me the level. My trunk in particular did not come predrilled so the pegs could be installed, but there are impressions on my AMS trunk that mirror the OEM. Can these impressions be punched out? Has anybody had a hassle free install or is this the "nature of the beast" with aftermarket? Thanks in advance.
2015 White premium: Full GTC Titan with 89mm downpipes/102mm mid-pipe Super Street Exhaust, AMS Street Intercooler with Boostlogic IC piping, Got Boost 3 inch Intakes, ID1000 injectors, GT1R AOS, Tuned by Mr. Ben Linney himself (ECUTek)

#2 BLURSPEED

BLURSPEED

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:27 AM

I have the same problem with my replica carbon duckbill trunk from China. My GTR Tech did his best but couldn't get the passenger side to sit flush so it currently sits a bit higher and the gap is wider. Most people don't notice but I do. LoL. Going to take to a body shop one day to see if anything they can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users