9 replies to this topic

#1 kmiecik

kmiecik

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

I have been looking at the Boost Logic ceramic wheel bearings for a while now and thinking about getting it. Has anyone here installed them? If so did you notice a difference?

here is the link to the ones I was looking at...

http://www.boostlogi...l-bearings.html

#2 PANG

PANG

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

Most expensive set of wheel bearings i've ever seen!

#3 Lambo Joe

Lambo Joe

R35 member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

Ceramic wheel bearings have been tried and failed in the past. The last thing you want is a bearing going bad at 100 mph and your wheel flying off the car. The bearings are near frictionless compared to standard bearings but under the weight and load of the GTR , they fail spectacularly. Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app
Joe

2014 Deep Blue Pearl "Lucy" - Stock Block e85 Alpha 9 - Dyno'd *812whp / 801whp Uncorrected. Tuned by the world famous IP-Alpha.

#4 kmiecik

kmiecik

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:21 PM

Ceramic wheel bearings have been tried and failed in the past. The last thing you want is a bearing going bad at 100 mph and your wheel flying off the car. The bearings are near frictionless compared to standard bearings but under the weight and load of the GTR , they fail spectacularly. Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

These have failed? That is scary! reading about them they seem to last the lifetime of the car, but I guess if you're going 100+ MPH there goes the life of the GTR. Thank you for saying that I will not be purchasing them.

#5 Hoozel

Hoozel

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

I have ceramic bearings in my street and Track bike. but in a GTR ? i don't know...?

#6 Formidable

Formidable

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:24 PM

Copy and past the following thread on heritage:

http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/7157-ceramic-wheel-bearings/#entry125534

Animal house racing used cheap Chinese made ceramic ball bearings. They were known to fail spectacularly as mentioned earlier.

With regard to Curt's bearings... I spoke directly with Curt Brown about these. Curt's bearings are ISO9000 grade 5 made in the US bearings. He has sold 40+ sets. The first set the client forgot to reinstall a magnetic rung and got a wheel speed sensor fail. Aside from that one issue, no one has reported any failures. He says these bearings will outlast the car.

The other thing worth considering... Boost logic would not stake their reputation by selling shit products. Perhaps ask what their impression is?

#7 kmiecik

kmiecik

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:54 AM

Copy and past the following thread on heritage:

http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/7157-ceramic-wheel-bearings/#entry125534

Animal house racing used cheap Chinese made ceramic ball bearings. They were known to fail spectacularly as mentioned earlier.

With regard to Curt's bearings... I spoke directly with Curt Brown about these. Curt's bearings are ISO9000 grade 5 made in the US bearings. He has sold 40+ sets. The first set the client forgot to reinstall a magnetic rung and got a wheel speed sensor fail. Aside from that one issue, no one has reported any failures. He says these bearings will outlast the car.

The other thing worth considering... Boost logic would not stake their reputation by selling shit products. Perhaps ask what their impression is?

Thank you for the link, I went to curt brown site and it looks better, but reading the threads seems like everyone is saying stay away. Visconti tuning said they had issues with speed sensors after installing them back in 2013? have they found a solution to it?

#8 Formidable

Formidable

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

I would talk to Curt. I am having him port my intake manifold and throttle bodies right now. From what I understand, there have been zero issues as of late. Ignore the reviews on the AHR bearings. Not in the same league period.

The lack of reviews on Curt's bearings tell me one of two things... Either these fail catestrophically and no one wants to say anything... or the folks breaking records out there are keeping quiet about them.

If I had the extra cash the ceramic bearings would be on the car right now.

Thank you for the link, I went to curt brown site and it looks better, but reading the threads seems like everyone is saying stay away. Visconti tuning said they had issues with speed sensors after installing them back in 2013? have they found a solution to it?

#9 jaspergtr

jaspergtr

NISMO Member

• NAGTROC Certified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,016 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

I recall someone came up with bearings that solved transmission issues from launching by eliminating wheel hop...  Haven't heard from that guy in about 8 years.  

#10 Formidable

Formidable

R33 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

That was animal house racing... full of shit con artists.

I recall someone came up with bearings that solved transmission issues from launching by eliminating wheel hop...  Haven't heard from that guy in about 8 years.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users