7 replies to this topic

#1 gtrcat

gtrcat

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

Hey everyone, so my Dunlops have about 10,000 miles on them and I'm sure they are pretty much done. I'm getting my run flat winter tires removed today but I can't decide which tires to get.

Some say with the MPSS you will miss the grippy cornering and zippiness to it. I definitely do not want that. I'm thinking Toyo R888 but that requires some maintenance with the camber it seems like.

Can you guys recommend which tire would be good and what size? Thank you

Edited by gtrcat, 18 May 2017 - 10:09 AM.

#2 samsamsam

samsamsam

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

I currently have Kumho Ecsta PS91's on.  There is not a whole lot of information about these tires from other users so I just decided to throw them on for the hell of it.  They are pretty cheap (I believe I paid 900$ for 4 from tire rack.)  I've had them on for about 8k miles.  

The grip is insane.  I can see why dodge chose Kumho for the viper tires.  I used to get a little spin during launches with my mpss, now I have never hear the tires screaming.  The last track I went to I hit over 1.5gs of cornering speed and the tires gripped insanely well and didn't make any noise at all.  Treadwear seams pretty good too.  After 8k miles I don't see any signs of cracking/splitting or excessive wear.  I reckon I can get at least another 5 or 10k miles out of these (depending on driving habbits.)  The only downside is they are quite noisy and seem to vibrate more than the mpss, although maybe I could take it to another shop to see if they can balance them better.  Vibration stops after they reach 31 psi though.  But hell for a 900$ tire change I couldn't be more happy.  I'll probably go with Kumho next time as well.  

2010 GTR Premium -Forged carbon fiber front and rear lip -Te37 track wheels -FBO -Greddy catback -Kumho Ecsta PS91 -DBA 5000 rotors (4 rotors for under 1k best value!) and Hawk pads -Cobb stage 3 2013 370z Touring sport -K&N Intake -Borla Catback

#3 BLURSPEED

BLURSPEED

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

Nice samsamsam!!! Was looking at getting those for my next set because my R888's don't have much life left and can't even launch anymore without getting spin. LoL. Don't feel like spending $1,500 for another set so I may just 285 square setup with the PS91's. Glad to hear they work for you and you like them :)

#4 Sly

Sly

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

Hmm... I never heard of anyone using Kumho's until now... I might have to try them out soon. 900 is a crazy good deal!

#5 BLURSPEED

BLURSPEED

R35 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:49 AM

There are a few reviews on it here but not many. Most go with MPSS or R888 and a handful with Nitto's. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

#6 yeahdickey

yeahdickey

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:40 AM

https://www.tirerack...ay.jsp?ttid=218

#7 Sly

Sly

R32 Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

I'm sure these have been asked a million times, but I'll ask them again just to be sure. >.<

1: Rolling diameter... 28" & 27.9" is within tolerance for the GTR right?

2: 285 square setup... You can run this with the stock wheels? Is there any advantage to it? Any disadvantages?

#8 RkingGtr

RkingGtr

GTRLIFE Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

I would do some Nt05R's in the rear, Nto5 in the front

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users