Facebook.com/MEGTROC

Formerly known as member GT3240x2

#22 k3vkoh Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

k3vkoh
  • Members
  • WOTer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
Sorry to thread jack, since we're at this tranny issue, I would like to know if its normal the car stood still when you release the brake even though its in Reverse or 1st? You have to step on the pedal to move the car?

Because on all my previous car with auto trans, the car would move slowly as soon as I release the brake.

2008 Pearl White GT-R Black Edition

Performance// Greddy XL T-29 SPEC-R HG Intercooler kit | Greddy Type RZ BOV | HKS Racing midpipe | HKS Legamax Exhaust | ASNU1050 Injectors | 76mm Intake | Customs Tune by Ben@GTC

Aerodynamics// AutoSelect CF Canard | Mine's CF Front Grill | Mine's CF Hood Duct | Zele CF Side Duct | Mine's CF Front Lip | Kansai Service CF Side Skirt | CarbonDry Japan CF Rear Diffuser | Tommy Kaira CF Spoiler | Volks Racing G2 HMB

#23 MC Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,394 posts
the  correct  setting is to  have the car slightly creep foward when your  foot is off the brake  in drive.   you can  ahve your touch points adjusted to fix this.

#24 'Q Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:44 PM

'Q
  • MEGTROC ADMIN
  • Spec Mi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts

View Postk3vkoh, on Jan 14 2009, 07:49 AM, said:

Sorry to thread jack, since we're at this tranny issue, I would like to know if its normal the car stood still when you release the brake even though its in Reverse or 1st? You have to step on the pedal to move the car?

Because on all my previous car with auto trans, the car would move slowly as soon as I release the brake.

Mine creeps whether on 1st or reverse. Wish it didnt like the SMG.

Instagram
@CPC_Bahrain
#MEGTROC - #GTRLife

Facebook Admin/Content Creator:
Facebook.com/GTRLife
Facebook.com/MEGTROC

#25 k3vkoh Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:32 AM

k3vkoh
  • Members
  • WOTer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

View PostMC, on Jan 13 2009, 09:57 PM, said:

the  correct  setting is to  have the car slightly creep foward when your  foot is off the brake  in drive.   you can  ahve your touch points adjusted to fix this.
Wow so this is abnormal, mine just stood there unless I step on the pedal. Too bad mine is a grey JDM import and I have no access to Consult III whatsoever, is this a serious issue? I mean, is it bad for the tranny if the touch point is off?

2008 Pearl White GT-R Black Edition

Performance// Greddy XL T-29 SPEC-R HG Intercooler kit | Greddy Type RZ BOV | HKS Racing midpipe | HKS Legamax Exhaust | ASNU1050 Injectors | 76mm Intake | Customs Tune by Ben@GTC

Aerodynamics// AutoSelect CF Canard | Mine's CF Front Grill | Mine's CF Hood Duct | Zele CF Side Duct | Mine's CF Front Lip | Kansai Service CF Side Skirt | CarbonDry Japan CF Rear Diffuser | Tommy Kaira CF Spoiler | Volks Racing G2 HMB

#26 MC Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:57 AM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,394 posts
i dont think its  that big of a deal,  i once asked people on here  to report if theirs  creeped foward or stood still.    and the results were very mixed some  did some didnt  

but the correct setting is  a  slight creep foward aswell  as reverse.... the service manaul says if  the  creep /movement is too strong  you can   tweak the touch points.

personally i dont think its harmful one way or another but  i do think the ones that creep   hesitate less and  might be a little  quicker off the line because of the clutch engagement...

#27 'Q Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:31 AM

'Q
  • MEGTROC ADMIN
  • Spec Mi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts

View PostMC, on Jan 14 2009, 10:57 AM, said:

i dont think its  that big of a deal,  i once asked people on here  to report if theirs  creeped foward or stood still.    and the results were very mixed some  did some didnt  

but the correct setting is  a  slight creep foward aswell  as reverse.... the service manaul says if  the  creep /movement is too strong  you can   tweak the touch points.

personally i dont think its harmful one way or another but  i do think the ones that creep   hesitate less and  might be a little  quicker off the line because of the clutch engagement...

True, it jumps faster than the ones that dont creep, we tested this couple of weeks ago, my gtr that creeps vs 2 that dont. Mine was always faster from the start, and one of the other gtr has Cobb.

We also drove each others cars, mine was always upfront. Well, untill the guy with the Cobb hits 6300rpm 3rd gear.

Instagram
@CPC_Bahrain
#MEGTROC - #GTRLife

Facebook.com/GTRLife
Facebook.com/MEGTROC

#28 GODZILLA_GTR Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:49 AM

GODZILLA_GTR
  • Supporter
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
what do we need to do to make it creep forward? or do we just take it to the dealer? mines doesnt creep.

2009 Ivory Pearl GTR:
Performance - Swift Springs, Harman Motive DPs, COBB catted midpipe, Titek Ti Street exhaust, HKS spark plugs, COBB SF intakes, COBB AP006, Tuned by SPE (521 AWHP/519 ft-lb Torque).

Wheels/Stoppers - BBS LM DBK (Kics spacers: 15mm & 25mm, BBS RED lug nuts), Stoptech SS brake lines, Stoptech brake pads,
painted calipers (fire truck red)

Exterior/Interior - Kansai Service CF front lip w/brake ducts, Rexpeed CF side skirts, Rexpeed CF trunk spoiler, Wald CF wing cover, Seibon CF hood, Seibon CF rear valence, Difflow rear diffuser (4 element), Rexpeed CF naca ducts, Rexpeed CF bottom mirror covers, Titek CF antenna cover, Front GT-RR LED clear side markers, Rear MCR LED red side markers, Nissan Daytime LED running lights, V-LEDS inside & out, Adrey's video aux & bypass kit.

Items for Sale:

- BBS LM Wheels with: Potenza Tires + Kics Spacers + BBS Red Lug Nuts + TPMS - $5,200.00
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/104118-fs-bbs-lm-diamond-black-wpotenza-tires-kics-spacers-bbs-red-lug-nuts-tpms-5200/#entry1459210

#29 'Q Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:25 AM

'Q
  • MEGTROC ADMIN
  • Spec Mi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts

View PostGODZILLA_GTR, on Jan 14 2009, 02:49 PM, said:

what do we need to do to make it creep forward? or do we just take it to the dealer? mines doesnt creep.

Take it to the dealer, let them adjust it for u

By
GTRRR35 hope this help
http://1.bp.blogspot...ch Settings.JPG
Dealer can easily adjust the clutch capacity

Instagram
@CPC_Bahrain
#MEGTROC - #GTRLife

Facebook.com/GTRLife
Facebook.com/MEGTROC