• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:53 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 195 posts
I thought it would be appropriate to kick off the Reverse Logic Limited forum by thanking  thebishman for introducing me to the NAGTROC community back in May of this year.  At the time, thebishman was looking for a jack pad tool that would allow him to lift his GT-R with a four-arm lift at an independent shop. After a few prototypes we had a useable tool. Thanks to thebishman, many of you found your way to my website, http://www.ReverseLogic.us, and also purchased the R35 jack pad tool that I offer. Actually, so many of you purchased the tool that I began to feel guilty about not being a NAGTROC sponsor. So, here I am.

#2 dtectproject Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

dtectproject
  • Supporter
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 459 posts
I thought it would be appropriate to welcome you here by buying a set of jack pads...which I just finished doing.

Welcome!

'09 Premium DMG: VR.G2's (HMB), CBRD midpipe, STATUS Racing carbon Ring seats

#3 Arch5 Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:38 AM

Arch5
  • Media
  • NAGTROC design team

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts
Welcome to the site Fred!  

Nice gadget you've got there.  Very clean and looks to be high quality.

#4 wefordus Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:11 AM

wefordus
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 388 posts
Welcome...

weford
Houston, TX
Delivered 8-22-08 Gun Metal Premium GT-R with iPod & floor mats

#5 Davin Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:10 AM

Davin
  • Administrator
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts
welcome! :)

#6 Yellow Stealth Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

Yellow Stealth
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
Anyone for a group buy?   :)

I could use a set of four.

I posted a question in the article thread introducing you before seeing this thread.  Since you are on on this thread and not the other, I may as well repeat my question here:

I do not see anything special about the 4-arm lift at my GT-R certified Nissan dealership. They have never used any special adapters on that lift to fit in the integrated jack pocket of my car. Is that expected?

[09 GT-R]- Gun Metallic / Black Premium - front clear corners, Harman Motive Y-pipe.
[03 350Z Touring] - Veilside V1 front lip, Motordyne 5/16" spacer, JWT Pop-charger, Courtesy Z badges, Zignalz, 07 headlights, AUT Eyelids, AZA Z1 Wheels: 18x8.5, 18x9.5.
[94 Stealth Twin Turbo] SOLD - Pearl Yellow - H&R springs, K&N cone filter, Greddy Profec-B2 boost controller, Greddy Full Auto Turbo Timer, HKS Turbo exhaust, Denso fuel pump, GT-Pro fuel rail upgrade, DN Y-pipe, Magnacore KV85 wire set and Greddy Type-S BOV, Saner rear sway bar, 3sx steel brake lines.

#7 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 195 posts
Here's an excerpt from thebishman's post on May 9, 2009.

"For a Nissan dealer to become GT-R certified, they have to have certain things available to service the GT-R; one being a GT-R specific lift that fits into the 4 'jack point receptacles' underneath the car. In this way, a regular floor lift won't damage the surrounding areas of the car. "

When I purchased the GT-R jack points from a non-authorized Nissan dealer, I was told that the reason they did not offer the GT-R was that they did not have the special lift and they did not have their technicians certified on the GT-R. This information was consistent with what thebishman reported. Fortunately, even non-authorized dealers can order parts for the GT-R.

It not at all clear to me why your authorized GT-R dealer did not have the GT-R specific lift. I suspect that they don't have it in every bay but that they might have one somewhere in their shop.

View PostYellow Stealth, on Oct 9 2009, 02:42 PM, said:

Anyone for a group buy?   :wink:

I could use a set of four.

I posted a question in the article thread introducing you before seeing this thread.  Since you are on on this thread and not the other, I may as well repeat my question here:

I do not see anything special about the 4-arm lift at my GT-R certified Nissan dealership. They have never used any special adapters on that lift to fit in the integrated jack pocket of my car. Is that expected?

#8 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:34 AM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 195 posts
A group buy may work for some vendors, but, it does not really make sense for the jack pad tools. If someone was selling a part that required expensive molds or setup I could see where they might want to know they had sufficient orders in hand to absorb the initial costs. A group buy might also make sense where the vendor could ship a large quantity to a central point where owners gather, like a club meeting or event. Neither situation applies to my product.

In the case of the R35 jack pad tools, I used what I consider a "value" pricing model as opposed to a "cost plus" pricing model. I priced the product at a point that I thought customers would consider reasonable and assumed that I would EVENTUALLY be able to have the parts manufactured for something below that price.  Considering the time spent handcrafting the blocks for the R35 tool, I have yet to sell an R35 jack pad tool for more than the actual cost. And that is okay, since I realize that price is not related to cost in the short run, only the long run. If I had used a cost plus pricing model, I would not have sold a single product. The approach I used confirmed that there is a market for the product (although limited) and now I am confident that I can sell the quantity necessary to justify placing an order to have the blocks made on a CNC machine. The base plates which are shared by my MB and BMW tools are already made on a CNC machine .

Next month I will start offering a R35 tool with all the components made on CNC machines. The component raw material cost will increase somewhat, but, my time per piece will be drastically cut. But, not to the point where a group buy discount will make any more sense than it does now.

I hope this explanation was helpful.

View PostYellow Stealth, on Oct 9 2009, 01:42 PM, said:

Anyone for a group buy?   :irock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users