11 replies to this topic

#1 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
Short version:
We are sending new silicone block plugs at no charge to all of our customers who have purchased the R35 jack pad tool. http://www.ReverseLogic.us

Long version:
The first jack pad tools offered by Reverse Logic Limited were for Mercedes-Benz cars.  The MB jack points have one notch in either end of the vehicle jack pocket in the jack points. The Reverse Logic jack pad tools for MB cars have spring loaded pins that snap into the vehicle jack pocket notches and hold the tool in place while a floor jack is maneuvered into place.

BMW jack points also have vehicle jack pockets. But the ends of the pockets have smooth walls without notches. So a completely different approach was needed to suspend the jack pad tool from a BMW jack point. We chose to use industry standard rubber caps which look like small rubber "bullets". The bullets are about 1/2-inch long and 1/4-inch in diameter. They protrude about a 1/8-inch from the end of the jack pad tool block. When the jack pad tool is pressed into the jack point, the bullets are compressed and create enough friction to hold the jack pad tool in place. This solution works ..... most of the time, provided that you carefully follow the instructions for inserting the tool into the jack point. Basically, you insert one end of the tool first compressing the bullets against the wall of the pocket and then swing the other end of the tool into place, and then release the pressure on the first end.

The GT-R jack points are similar to the BMW jack points in that they also have a smooth-walled vehicle jack pocket. Initially the jack pad tool for the GT-R used the same type rubber bullets that we used in the BMW jack pad tool. Feedback from our customers indicated that some folks were having difficulties getting the jack pad tools to stay in place while they were positioning the floor jack. Our customers really did not want to hear us tell them to RTFM (Read the Fine Manual).

So, we set out to come up with a revised tool that is intuitive to use. We also wanted something that would allow us to offer an upgrade for the tools in the field. We have retired the industry standard rubber bullets in favor of silicone plugs that we had made specifically for our tools. The new plugs have a collar that increase the contact surface area between the plug and the pocket wall. The new plugs also do not protrude as far from the end of the jack pad tool block. The result is that the tool is easier to insert into the jack point and that it holds in place a lot better. So much better, that we are sending a set of the new silicone plugs to all of our customers who have purchased the R35 jack pad tools for their GT-Rs. Almost more importantly, you can ignore the instructions and still be successful.

The attached photos show the new silicone plugs.

Attached Files

#2 nbgtr Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:02 AM

nbgtr
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Will you be sending to your overseas customers who purchased?( I bought 4!)  Just curious.

#3 wefordus Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:11 AM

wefordus
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 388 posts
Thanks Fred...

weford
Houston, TX
Delivered 8-22-08 Gun Metal Premium GT-R with iPod & floor mats

#4 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:41 AM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
Absolutely. We don't hold the fact that you you live outside the USA against you. If I declare
the parts as a warranty replacement, do you think that will help them get through Customs
more easily?

BTW, please be patient. I just got the first production order of the plugs in two days ago and
I need to organize my mailing campaign. I will do the GT-R customers first and then move onto
the larger task of the BMW owners.

View Postnbgtr, on Oct 9 2009, 07:02 AM, said:

Will you be sending to your overseas customers who purchased?( I bought 4!)  Just curious.

#5 GTRISMO Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:34 PM

GTRISMO
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 308 posts
Thanks Fred.  Looking forward to getting the new plugs.

Posted Image

#6 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:23 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
Your replacement parts will be going out this weekend. Please report back to the group after you have had a chance to try out the new silicone plugs.

View PostGTRISMO, on Oct 9 2009, 04:34 PM, said:

Thanks Fred.  Looking forward to getting the new plugs.

#7 wefordus Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:38 AM

wefordus
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 388 posts
I just tried your new silicone plugs.

They work much better than the originals. The Jack Pads no longer fall out from the jack holes.

Thanks for making your product better... :cheers:

weford
Houston, TX
Delivered 8-22-08 Gun Metal Premium GT-R with iPod & floor mats

#8 GTRISMO Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

GTRISMO
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 308 posts
Been meaning to post thoughts on the new plugs.  I agree.  They work.  Keeps the pad in a lot better.  Thanks for the upgrade!

Posted Image

#9 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:15 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
I sent out another wave of upgraded block plugs today. I should be able to finish sending new plugs to all of my GT-R customers by the end of next week.

#10 Bernie (OOParts) Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:02 PM

Bernie (OOParts)
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 494 posts
Awesome... looking forward to receiving my new plugs too!

Bernie, OOParts International
1991 Nissan 300ZXTT (Stage XII+ 630 hp)
2002 Subaru WRX (TXS Stage 3 ~300hp)
2008 Mercedes Benz AMG ML63 (stock 503hp... so far)
2009 Nissan GT-R (for the street: Cobb AP stage 1, for the track: stock 483hp)
Track times for GT-R in stock configuration with Bridgestone tires: Homestead- club configuration: 1:41.7, Palm Beach International Raceway - 1:29.7

#11 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:37 AM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
Yours are already in the mail as of the end of last week. I just have 10 more packages to send out and I will have completed the upgrade campaign for the GT-R jack pad tools.

View PostBernie (OOParts), on Nov 15 2009, 10:02 PM, said:

Awesome... looking forward to receiving my new plugs too!

#12 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
All of the replacement silicone plugs are in the mail as of noon today. That includes the upgraded plugs for my International customers as well. If you were near the end of the list, thank you for your patience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users