Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Downforce Carbon Fiber Aero- 6/19/10 Updated rear spats complete

57K views 166 replies 64 participants last post by  k3silk 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://downforceusa.com/ for more info

Update 0.5 6/8/10- Pictures posted of Downforce Carbon pieces off the car and in gloss
Update 0.75 6/10/10- Lip install procedure
Update 1.00 6/19/10- Rear spats complete
Update 8/6/10 Brake Ducts Complete (sorry been very backed up!) <---- see post 125

Downforce has been in business for years manufacturing and selling quality carbon fiber aerodynamic pieces for track and car enthusiasts worldwide. Downforce occupies a building in Southern California and manufactures their own carbon pieces in house using epoxy compression molded in 2x2 twill and carbon kevlar, as well as supply vendors with their exclusive parts. Should items sell through fast, not to worry, lead time is 1-2 days on most parts (not months). These pieces are front to back in carbon, no frp used. Fitment is guaranteed to be spot on and uses factory hardware. Downforce used my car to prototype the pieces and was able to get them ready for the recent time attack event May 30th. They have graciously allowed me to introduce these pieces to nagtroc guys at a special price

Without further delay, here are the images and pricing- These prices are exclusive through me, so pm me on details on how to purchase with intro pricing. More info on the company can be found here www.downforceusa.com

Downforce Carbon Sport Front Lip MSRP $1845 Intro price- $1495 and choice of matte or gloss finish
*fuctional ram duct- slight trimming of plastic behind lip necessary

Downforce Carbon Side Splitter DFR MSRP $1495 Intro price- $1249

Downforce Carbon Grill Cover MSRP $595 Intro price- $349 and choice of matte or gloss finish

Downforce Carbon Headlight Trim MSRP $445 Intro price- $299 and choice of matte or gloss finish

Downforce Carbon Rear Lip Spoiler- MSRP $745 Intro price- $475 and choice of matte or gloss finish

Downforce Carbon Rear Exhaust Shields- MSRP $745 Intro price- $549 and choice of matte or gloss finish

added 6/19/10
Downforce Carbon Rear Spats- MSRP $895 Intro price- $695 and choice of matte or gloss finish

A little teaser of whats coming up

Thanks for looking

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 0.5 (Brake ducts close but not all the way there) 6/8/10

This week will be the week Downforce finishes the brake ducts. They simply wanted it perfect so there's been a slight delay. By this Sunday June 13th, the brake ducts along with pricing, rear valence spats, and a couple of items that they want to keep under the lid will be finished
update 1.0 to come

I do have some pics of items that are off car and how they look as they are being shipped.

Front Lip- this one was being prepped for matte

Headlight trim

Spoiler lip- notice the groove for 3M tape so the lip sits flush with wing

Rear exhaust shields

Front Grill

complete

================================================================================
================================================================================
Update 0.75
Lip install 6/10/10
This write up is a basic uninstall and reinstall of the GTR's factory lip with the exception of on modification, cutout for vents

1. Place car on lift or jack stands
2. Remove the following hardware
-12 rubber grommets
-12 retainer clips (6 on each side)
-14 10mm bolts (pull back fender liner - 1 inside each side)
-2 12mm bolts (center undertray)

3. Remove the lip and undertray from vehicle

4. Drill out the rivets holding the lip in
-11 rivets - bottom

5. Slide the painted factory lip cover off and stow away

6. Use template provided for cutting holes on lip/undertray

7. Slide Downforce Sport Lip in place

8. Rivet the lip on in the same as previous removal

9. Install undertray in reverse order and voila.... done!

PM me for package pricing-

Update 1.00
Rear spats completed 6/19/10 and available now!

Thanks Jaykkub for letting us use your vehicle for the photos of the Downforce rear spats-

The pair of rear spats are available now and compliments the sides and fronts, completing the add on pieces. The rear spats install with factory mount (we doubled up 3m double stick tape and the factory plastic expanding plugs). No holes cut, completely reversible should one decide to go back to stock.

Brake Ducts- Comes 4 pieces to the kit, 2 CF "scoops attached to inner fender liner and 2 lip recessed scoops into the backside of the lip
Holes can be enlarged depending on how extreme one wants to get. There is some minor blockage on the passenger side with the holes precut from downforce from A/C lines, but the area can be enlarged for better cooling effect.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm loving the matte look! I saw the parts in person (on Kenny's car) earlier today and the workmanship looks really excellent. I already have a few parts on order and I'll have some pics posted once I get them all installed.

Can't wait to get that rear lip spoiler! Been wanting something to break up all the white on my car

#4 ·
More quality parts are being release for the R35, this just keeps getting better. Awesome!

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
+1. All of these parts looks good and at reasonable prices. More pix and info on the brake ducts please. Front lip looks almost like the nordring lip but better. Cant wait to see the rear diffuser. Glad to see quality parts made in the US.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nice looking pieces. Good match on the exhaust shields to your Wald diffuser as well.

#9 ·
show me more about the front lip. If there is real functional brake ducting I take one now

#18 ·
Thanks for the great feedback so far- I am extremely happy with the car and the parts made for it. All the carbon pieces held up perfectly in 140-150mph at Auto Club Speedway

I will have more pics today- especially pics of the items off the car

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
is this wet carbon? they look nice.

here are some pictures i got for some of you. im not sure what else is required, but found these on japanese blog (NOVA blog for the install of an aftermarket front lip).
Tool Bumper Revolver Automotive exterior Trigger
Hand Hood Automotive tire Gesture Automotive design
Motor vehicle Gas Machine Automotive tire Auto part

you will then need something to guide the air to the brakes after this (like the spec-v has).
Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Bicycle part Auto part

someone else had to modify this for more air, good solution...
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Guitar accessory Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Attachments

#15 ·
Are there plans to make a rear valence/lower sill? I know you have the wald rear diffuser. I think it would complete the look. From the side shot, having the rear painted in silver doesnt complete the cars look of the side sills in carbon fiber of the front lip in carbon fiber.

#20 ·
That what I said when Nissan launched their almost black wheels.... on my second sets of wheels now

#21 ·
We will be doing a shoot of the car soon with more angles-

#23 ·
rear valence lower trim is coming out- give me about a week on those. The headlight trims are ready and I'll pm you now-

#25 ·
PM sent!

#29 ·
Pricing on seats are $1800 each. They are full carbon kevlar weighing roughly 4lbs. without upholstery and 9.5lbs with upholstery. The seats will be lower roughly 1" from stock seat height. More high density foam reduction can be done for further weight reduction and a 2" lowered seating position. Available in black, white, or red standard with optional colors of whatever you want.

These are fully padded and have great support. The technocraft seats have foam taped padding only. These are comfortable seats!

#34 ·
they are vaccuum formed-

#33 ·
id love the white seats, thats be awesome on my car.... id be interested in the rear lip extention for trhe spoiler as well and when I destroy the Amuse lip I may get that too (its gonna happen)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.