Mailman was here with package from China

46 replies to this topic

#21 BeaR Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:12 AM

BeaR
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
They all look good to me. Mind if I ask how much were these parts ?

---------
09 R35 white
- T1R mid pipe / 90R exhaust
- Motul 300V
- Stillen lip *SOLD*
----------

#22 BK-350

BK-350
  • Guests
really cool stuff. the price would interrest me,too.

#23 92ttz Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:12 AM

92ttz
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 467 posts
Thanx for hi-jacking the thread. I can off course also supply those parts as can anyone else. Had a quick cleaning of the Intake and intercooler piping yesterday as they felt dirty inside. Filled a big bucket with hot water and soap and let them soak for an hour, then went at it with a dish brush and a bottle brush. Here you see the result. Not what i like, will do magic to your turbos's i guess. Still have spatter inside that i need to find out how to get out.

Attached Thumbnails

• cleaning.jpg

Red GT-R with grey interior. Carbon front, hood, Rear bumper with diffuser, sideskirts, trunk, rear wing, roof skin, BBS LM's in black, KW sleeve kit, Mines Cat-back, Titanium resonated Y-pipe, Cobb AP with Forged E-tune
Awaiting mods: Carbon fenders and + cf interior parts
Future Mods: Built motor with HKS GT-800 Turbokit and trannyupgrade

#24 TinSoldier Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:30 AM

TinSoldier
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 33 posts
Those intercooler pipes looks really good. Be sure to tell us  how they fit. Also what flanges for the BOV did it come with ?

#25 Davin Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:40 AM

Davin
  • Administrator
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,152 posts
thread cleaned, if anyone wants to talk about ordering/selling parts from overseas, do so in members fs. advertising here, particularly by non-vendors, will not be tolerated and no warnings will be given. dont walk the line.

back to the topic.

#26 nubbin Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:44 AM

nubbin
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 314 posts

View Post92ttz, on Aug 23 2010, 05:12 AM, said:

Thanx for hi-jacking the thread. I can off course also supply those parts as can anyone else. Had a quick cleaning of the Intake and intercooler piping yesterday as they felt dirty inside. Filled a big bucket with hot water and soap and let them soak for an hour, then went at it with a dish brush and a bottle brush. Here you see the result. Not what i like, will do magic to your turbos's i guess. Still have spatter inside that i need to find out how to get out.

So what exactly is that stuff? Metal shavings? Grease? Looks like it's metallic.. Looks like it should be fine if it's fine particles like the ones in the bucket. Anyone have experience with the dirt tolerance of turbos?

2009 GT-R #1667

#27 92ttz Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:28 AM

92ttz
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 467 posts
It is very fine dirt like the kind u get when welding and grinding. After i emptied the bucket most of it stuck at the bottom of bucket. Dont know what it will do to turbo's. but i cant imagine it is any good

Red GT-R with grey interior. Carbon front, hood, Rear bumper with diffuser, sideskirts, trunk, rear wing, roof skin, BBS LM's in black, KW sleeve kit, Mines Cat-back, Titanium resonated Y-pipe, Cobb AP with Forged E-tune

#28 92ttz Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:26 PM

92ttz
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 467 posts
We had the titanium exhaust installed and dynoed a couple of weeks ago. The car dynoed 386 standard and with the y-pipe it did 395 and with a complete exhaust 398. This was done at a Dynapack dyno and we had a lot of issues with 4wd and ABS errors, but got it finally done. The fitment is very good,and all bolts and gaskets were included and even the sound was nice. Was some strange thing with the y-pipe though. They have the end of the flex part inside the pipe that comes from the downpipes and it creates a kind of obstruction. I imagine it would be better the other way around. See enclosed picture. Will also see if i can dig up a video of the sound. Problem id the fan noise from dyno is very high.

Attached Thumbnails

• y_pipe13.jpg
  • y_pipe14.jpg
  • tail.jpg

#29 92ttz Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:34 PM

92ttz
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 467 posts
Also received my intercooler and new titanium wheel nuts the other day. Was told when ordering that it was HKS copies, this was checked by the sales lady with factory engineer. It was first ARC copy so i was kind of worried about what i would receive. What i got was something that to me looked like original ones. As you can see from pics the core is about 260mmx230mmx appr 90mm. I think the HKS ones are around 400x260x65. They also came with gaskets halfway torn off, glue from tape or something and scratches all over the place. Not very impressed. Also got the new titanium wheel nuts that looked good.

Attached Thumbnails

• Intercooler1.jpg
  • Intercooler2.jpg
  • Intercooler3.jpg

Edited by 92ttz, 20 September 2010 - 03:55 PM.

#30 92ttz Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:35 PM

92ttz
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 467 posts
More pics of intercooler measures

Attached Thumbnails

• Intercooler4.jpg
  • Intercooler5.jpg

#31 92ttz Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:36 PM

92ttz
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 467 posts
Final one of Intercooler + one of nuts

Attached Thumbnails

• Intercooler6.jpg
  • nuts.jpg

#32 92ttz Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:05 PM

92ttz
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 467 posts
I haven't mentioned it earlier, but the parts were bought at Jiajun

So to the conclusion, would i buy again ?

The exhaust i am pretty happy with, fits perfect, sounds good and looks good. I think there are some room for improvement in the y-pipe design where flex-joint meets pipe, but apart from that very good
The oil sumps we haven't mounted yet, but they look very good
The wheel nuts look also nice, we have tried a set and had to clean the threads on a nut, but apart from that very good.
Intercoolers not impressed, will ship them back.
Intercooler piping and intake piping. They look very nice on the outside, but to much spatter and shit inside. Have shown them to a couple of friends that builds engines and they say don't install them. Far to risky if some of the spatter falls out while driving. Will definitely take out a turbo.

Customer service: It started out great with a lady that was very friendly and helpful, however she quit after getting a better paid job at another factory. From then on things got much worse. The lady there now (Sylvia) is not very good in English and blames all problems on that. I have sent them pictures of Intercooler piping issues (dirt and spatter) and they agreed that it shouldnt be dirty like that, but cant see the issue with spatter, telling me they have sold 9 other sets to HK i think and no one has complained. I tried to tell them that y-pipe design was a bit strange but didn't get through and then on Intercoolers they just don't care anymore. Sylvia has stopped answering me on MSN and just put her head in the sand and hope i stop talking to her. None of the bosses speaks English (from what i checked with the former sales lady) so i am kind of stuck. I got an email from her on Sunday about some new alu intercooler piping and replied asking how she wants the parts shipped back. No reply yet.

Maybe it is just me being anal but i will ship back the intercoolers and intercooler/intake piping this week and hope they have the dignity to refund me, if not i have to put it in the experience account.

#33 Harrison Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

Harrison
  • Members
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,527 posts

View Post92ttz, on Sep 20 2010, 04:05 PM, said:

I haven't mentioned it earlier, but the parts were bought at Jiajun

So to the conclusion, would i buy again ?

The exhaust i am pretty happy with, fits perfect, sounds good and looks good. I think there are some room for improvement in the y-pipe design where flex-joint meets pipe, but apart from that very good
The oil sumps we haven't mounted yet, but they look very good
The wheel nuts look also nice, we have tried a set and had to clean the threads on a nut, but apart from that very good.
Intercoolers not impressed, will ship them back.
Intercooler piping and intake piping. They look very nice on the outside, but to much spatter and shit inside. Have shown them to a couple of friends that builds engines and they say don't install them. Far to risky if some of the spatter falls out while driving. Will definitely take out a turbo.

Customer service: It started out great with a lady that was very friendly and helpful, however she quit after getting a better paid job at another factory. From then on things got much worse. The lady there now (Sylvia) is not very good in English and blames all problems on that. I have sent them pictures of Intercooler piping issues (dirt and spatter) and they agreed that it shouldnt be dirty like that, but cant see the issue with spatter, telling me they have sold 9 other sets to HK i think and no one has complained. I tried to tell them that y-pipe design was a bit strange but didn't get through and then on Intercoolers they just don't care anymore. Sylvia has stopped answering me on MSN and just put her head in the sand and hope i stop talking to her. None of the bosses speaks English (from what i checked with the former sales lady) so i am kind of stuck. I got an email from her on Sunday about some new alu intercooler piping and replied asking how she wants the parts shipped back. No reply yet.

Maybe it is just me being anal but i will ship back the intercoolers and intercooler/intake piping this week and hope they have the dignity to refund me, if not i have to put it in the experience account.

How did you pay for all these parts?  Did you pay with credit card?  paypal?  or did you wire money?  I mean, if you paid with credit card or paypal, there should be some kind of way to get a refund.  By the way, thanks for the honest opinion.  My experience with Chinese parts are limited to cf parts which have had the worst fitments, so I won't buy anything chinese parts anymore.

Posted Image

#34 92ttz Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

92ttz
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 467 posts
The money was wired so no hope there. As u probably know i have bought some Chinese CF parts as well. I will update that thread tomorrow, but in short they are working on updating the front and it will be done in 2-3 weeks. Have hood, trunk, rear wing and side skirts ready to be shipped this week, by sea. Will take about 50 days. Will post pics tomorrow in the other thread.

#35 'Q Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

'Q
  • MEGTROC ADMIN
  • Spec Mi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts
Thanks for sharing, great thread. :lmfao:

Instagram
@CPC_Bahrain
#MEGTROC - #GTRLife

Facebook Admin/Content Creator:
Facebook.com/GTRLife
Facebook.com/MEGTROC

Formerly known as member GT3240x2

#36 92ttz Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

92ttz
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 467 posts
Here is a youtube link while it is on the dyno with full Ti exhaust  . Just uploaded it, so hope it is ok.

#37 eddie1681 Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

eddie1681
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 167 posts
Those pictures of the intercooler looks like they are dirty or used. I would ask for the money back on those

What is wrong with the ARC intercoolers?  I was going to get them

#38 92ttz Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

92ttz
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 467 posts
Nothing wrong with the ARC intercoolers as far as i know. My problem was that one day they said it was ARC copy, the next day it was HKS. First saleslady was honest and said she had to check and that was the answer she got, but both the ARC and HKS is different size to what i have got afaik.

#39 shawnhayes Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

shawnhayes
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

View PostPerra, on Aug 16 2010, 04:55 PM, said:

Just a small thought on the tranny pan. I hope you´re not installing a cooler to those two connectors that are installed in the pan? That would mean the oil would just go in through one of them and out the other, without really going through the box. What you need to do is replace one of the connectors with a thermostat and connect one of the oil lines to the other one. Then you install the other oil line to the hole where you fill the oil into the box, on the front, above/between the propshafts. I hope you understand how I mean?

/P

More than that, but what about the drain tube and drain nut?  The plug that's on there doesn't look to accept the appropriate drain tube from our pan, so if you're filling it, unless it accepts the proper length tube, you're just guessing on the level.

Shawn

#40 eddie1681 Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

eddie1681
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 167 posts
Oh Ok, the intercooler you have pictures of on here they are just right out of the box?

The inlet and outlet looks as if they were mounted on before

I sw your youtube vid , the exhaust seems like its shaking under acc, maybe you have another look at it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users