Nissan GTR Premium vs Black Edition?

35 replies to this topic

#1 Ronin1099 Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

Ronin1099
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
Is Black Edition really worth extra money? I personally dont like Black Edition wheels and different seats with red inserts are not worth extra 5-6k in my opinion.

What is your opinion?

(Pre-ordered White GTR 2012 here in LA at MSRP price. Expected to come end of March). If it would be red 2012, can get it in 3 weeks.

Posted Image

#2 MC Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,814 posts
its obviously personal preference....  

but as far as  "worth" one way of looking at is  if you bought the  black edition/specV/clubsport wheels  seperately  they are  $9,739   and thats  about  $2K more than a  set of what the   10 spokes cost ... not sure how you   factor in the  seats  i mean they are recaro  but  they are also  styled  similar to the regular seats...  im sure they arnt cheap if you bought them by themselves....

so i dont think the  5K is overpriced at all for what you get....

a big reason i  got it is  i plan on  keeping it stock and keeping it a while so i thought it was cool to have a special more limited  edition....  also  a big  fan of and nismo and those are the wheels they  run on those cars so... to me its just a cool factor thing...  cost  really   wasnt an issue  i mean  5K more on a  90K car  its  not a  small amount but not enough to shy me a way  just based on money...  it would have had to have been  10K plus more to make me  give it a   second or thrid thought

i dont  consider the black edition superior to the premium at all... i just think its a  special version   with some unique components... i like the red  accents  especially with the  red  engine cover being there anyway... sort of a theme going on

2015 GT-R NISMO "THE ONE"
Posted Image

#3 suka jones Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

suka jones
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
What's up with the rhetorical tone of your Q?

Is a cinema ticket worth 9 bucks?
Well, could be , but not if you don't want to see that particular movie...

2013 Pearl Blue Black Ed

#4 Ronin1099 Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

Ronin1099
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

View Postsuka jones, on Feb 4 2011, 05:29 PM, said:

What's up with the rhetorical tone of your Q?

Is a cinema ticket worth 9 bucks?
Well, could be , but not if you don't want to see that particular movie...

I personally dont like the wheels compared to Premium edition wheels. Again its just my feeling about the wheels and that is why I find the black edition not worth 5k extra. I was not aware that Black Edition wheels cost alone $9k.

Probably for people that like these wheels, it is a great deal.

Posted Image

#5 MC Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,814 posts

View PostRonin1099, on Feb 4 2011, 09:30 PM, said:

I personally dont like the wheels compared to Premium edition wheels. Again its just my feeling about the wheels and that is why I find the black edition not worth 5k extra. I was not aware that Black Edition wheels cost alone $9k.

Probably for people that like these wheels, it is a great deal.

yeah  but  i mean some might bring up that  the  OEM 10   spokes  are like  7K something...  but there is a  difference.. the 10 spokes  look like  OEM wheels... they are  great by the way... but people  might  pick up a used set on the forum but i dont think  many will be rushing to purchase them new...  but the  specV wheel is  almost like   factory  race wheel   and i could see it being bought seperately  just like an aftermarket wheel... they  used  and tested them in   their  endurance GTR   they used them on the   club  track edition  and the  club sport from nismo.... so they are  desirable in a way  like someone would consider a set of  G2' s or something....  so i think they  do have some stand alone value...  now i wouldnt pay almost  10K for them.... but  i think they  are "worth" the price of the  black edition alone.... if thats what you like....again thats the main factor here above all

Posted Image

#6 Ronin1099 Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:45 PM

Ronin1099
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

View PostMC, on Feb 4 2011, 06:38 PM, said:

yeah  but  i mean some might bring up that  the  OEM 10   spokes  are like  7K something...  but there is a  difference.. the 10 spokes  look like  OEM wheels... they are  great by the way... but people  might  pick up a used set on the forum but i dont think  many will be rushing to purchase them new...  but the  specV wheel is  almost like   factory  race wheel   and i could see it being bought seperately  just like an aftermarket wheel... they  used  and tested them in   their  endurance GTR   they used them on the   club  track edition  and the  club sport from nismo.... so they are  desirable in a way  like someone would consider a set of  G2' s or something....  so i think they  do have some stand alone value...  now i wouldnt pay almost  10K for them.... but  i think they  are "worth" the price of the  black edition alone.... if thats what you like....again thats the main factor here above all

You think Black Edition will hold better re-sale value? Or about the same as Premium?

Posted Image

#7 MC Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,814 posts
Yes I honestly think it will.. the 5-6k is a factor but.I've heard around 400 being produced that's where I think you will see the retained value from

Posted Image

#8 MCSMCS1 Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

MCSMCS1
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 189 posts

View PostMC, on Feb 4 2011, 09:38 PM, said:

yeah but i mean some might bring up that the OEM 10 spokes are like 7K something... but there is a difference.. the 10 spokes look like OEM wheels... they are great by the way... but people might pick up a used set on the forum but i dont think many will be rushing to purchase them new... but the specV wheel is almost like factory race wheel and i could see it being bought seperately just like an aftermarket wheel... they used and tested them in their endurance GTR they used them on the club track edition and the club sport from nismo.... so they are desirable in a way like someone would consider a set of G2' s or something.... so i think they do have some stand alone value... now i wouldnt pay almost 10K for them.... but i think they are "worth" the price of the black edition alone.... if thats what you like....again thats the main factor here above all

The price difference is 5,150.  My analysis goes something like this:
Wheel upgrade-          2,000
Recaro Seats-             1,500
Red Leather Accents-      300
Black Headliner-             200
Limited Edition Cachet- 1,150 plus

For me, I didn't order it because while I like the seats and red accents, I prefer the 10 spokes.

2012 Gun Metal Premium

#9 27carter Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

27carter
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
For me, I like the idea of a "special" edition, and the slightly more limited factor of it...  but honestly probably the biggest thing I liked about it was probably the cheapest change, the black headliner!  I have a g37 now and I hate that the whole interior is black and then you have a grey headliner, kinda silly, but I think having black all over looks so much better in the interior

2012 Jet Black-Premium

#10 MC Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,814 posts

View Post27carter, on Feb 4 2011, 10:38 PM, said:

For me, I like the idea of a "special" edition, and the slightly more limited factor of it...  but honestly probably the biggest thing I liked about it was probably the cheapest change, the black headliner!  I have a g37 now and I hate that the whole interior is black and then you have a grey headliner, kinda silly, but I think having black all over looks so much better in the interior

yeah   i mean even the  370z  gets a  black headliner...  the    gray one i  the  GTR always bothered me  especially when i got  in a  loaner sentra and it was the same  headliner

Posted Image

#11 ShahulX Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

ShahulX
  • Members
  • Who Dat !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts
I'd get the black for another 5k mainly for the wheels as well... But the seats are cool too... Admit I don't like the red but eh....

Current car : 2011 Boxster Spyder- (6MT, cf sport buckets, sport chrono, pagid yellows, gt3 brake ducts, fabspeed race) Audi B6 S4 cab (sprint blue), 2010 Highlander Hybrid Limited

Former cars: 2009 NISSAN GTR PREMIUM ( Delivered !! 8/05/08 Ivory Pearl with Black leather )
2010 Evolution X, MK6 VW Gti, Subaru Outback and Forester XT 5mt, evolution 8 gsr, 94 supra, tsx 6mt, 2 preludes, rsx type S, 99 & 01 miatas, ridgeline, passport, integra, 06 accord, 07 crv, 00 eclipse gt

[/b]
[/color]

#12 Dukes Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:31 AM

Dukes
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
Well this is suspicious!
In Germany the difference between the Black Edition and Premium is $1500!Wonder if the difference between the two are the same(wheels,red accent etc..).

#13 MC Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:34 AM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,814 posts

View PostDukes, on Feb 5 2011, 02:31 AM, said:

Well this is suspicious!
In Germany the difference between the Black Edition and Premium is $1500!Wonder if the difference between the two are the same(wheels,red accent etc..).

European spec  black editions  dont get the specV wheels

Posted Image

#14 mrmajik2 Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:10 AM

mrmajik2
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
I'd only get the Black edition if it was in black.  I don't think the black and red interior matches other colors, like Blue Pearl, all that well.

#15 Dukes Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:43 AM

Dukes
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts

View PostMC, on Feb 5 2011, 01:34 AM, said:

European spec  black editions  dont get the specV wheels
Hmmm..Well that's a day crusher :cheers:

#16 gilly6993 Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:51 AM

gilly6993
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts
I was not a fan of the BE wheels or the red accents.....hence I ordered a Premium.....and I do think the option will hold it's value in resale.....

2015 White 991 GT3 Dec Delivery
2013 Silverstone Ferrari 458 Italia

2012 White Nissan GT-R SOLD
2008 Red Ferrari 430 Scuderia SOLD
2010 White Viper ACR SOLD
2009 Black Nissan GT-R SOLD

#17 Lowglide Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:53 AM

Lowglide
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 246 posts
I went either way on the wheels. The seats and headliner I sort of liked. But I honestly hated the accents. Add in the thought of what repeated touching and use will cause to happen to their appearance, MAYBE, thus a premium for me. I too believe that a BE will probably hold its value better than a standard car if Nissan doesn't introduce something else new to the mix in the next couple of years.

LowGlide
Pearl White 2011 Premium Sold
Pearl White 2012 Premium

#18 mikewads Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

mikewads
  • Like a BOSS

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

View Postmrmajik2, on Feb 5 2011, 03:10 AM, said:

I'd only get the Black edition if it was in black. I don't think the black and red interior matches other colors, like Blue Pearl, all that well.

+1
I think it the BE looks good on a red car also.

#19 tsaroya Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:06 AM

tsaroya
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Is it possible to order a 2012 Black Edition and get the 10-Spoke Premium Edition rims instead of the 6-Spoke in the US and/or Canada?? Would they reduce the price for doing so since your chosing the "cheaper" rim or would they increase the price since your "custom" ordering???

#20 MC Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,814 posts

View Posttsaroya, on Feb 6 2011, 02:06 AM, said:

Is it possible to order a 2012 Black Edition and get the 10-Spoke Premium Edition rims instead of the 6-Spoke in the US and/or Canada?? Would they reduce the price for doing so since your chosing the "cheaper" rim or would they increase the price since your "custom" ordering???

nope

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users