FS: RLL-87-2 two-piece two-stage incline Race Ramps $415

9 replies to this topic

#1 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
New two-stage incline Race Ramps for cars with very low ground clearance.

For some cars with very low ground clearance, the 10.75 degree incline of the standard RR-56 or RR-XT (67") Race Ramps is still too steep. The GT-R can back up on to the ramps, but, the front of the car will not clear the standard ramps. For these cases optional XTender Ramps   with a 6.8 degree approach incline are available. The XTenders are 45"   long and about half of this length overlaps the primary ramp. So, the   overall length of the ramp is increased by about two feet when using the   XTenders.

Reverse Logic Limited requested Brute Industries to manufacture a   modified ramp design which incorporates a 2-stage incline into the ramp   section of the RR-56-2 and RR-XT-2 two-piece Race Ramps. We started shipping these new ramps at the end of January.

Some customers have been asking what is the value proposition of the two-stage incline ramps.   A 10" high ramp with a 6.8 degree incline would be about 100" in   length. That's over 8 feet long. It would require more material to   manufacture and the shipping costs would be very high (not that they are   not high now) since oversize surcharges would apply. A two piece 100"   long ramp would be awkward to store and transport. But perhaps the   biggest disadvantage to a ramp with the single 6.8 degree incline angle   is that the rear tires of many cars would reach the starting edge of the   ramps when the front tires hit the stop on the platform. With the rear tires on the ramps it would not be possible to remove the incline section for access from the side of the car.

Two models of the two-piece two-stage incline ramps are available. The RLL-87-2 is 10" high 14" wide and 87" long. The RLL-72-2 model is 8" high 12" wide and 72" long. The price of $415 for the pair of RLL-87-2 Race Ramps includes shipping to any destination in the 48 Continental States. The RLL-72-2 Race Ramps are $305 and also include shipping to the Continental States.

See the attached drawings for the dimensions of the ramps.

For more information or to place an order visit our website here.

Attached Files

Edited by Fred@ReverseLogic, 11 February 2011 - 08:57 PM.

#2 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
Here's a video clip of the RLL-87-2 Race Ramps from one of our Corvette customers. We hope to have similar videos with a GT-R soon.

#3 pi-man Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

pi-man
  • Supporter
  • OnTrack Maniac

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts
Looks pretty cool, Fred. Do you know when the trailer ramp adapters will be available (and how much they'll be)? I'm interested in checking these out once they are.

#4 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
The Trailer Ramp Adapters will be available by the end of February. They will only be available for the RLL-87-2 ramps and not the RLL-72-2 ramps. The reason is that the 72" ramps are only 12" wide and Race Ramps likes the step where the trailer door or trailer ramps rest to be at least 14" wide. You will find a drawing of the trailer ramp adapter at the link in my signature below.

I expect the Trailer Ramp Adapters to sell for $95 including shipping to any destination in the 48 States. The trailer ramp adapter will convert the incline section from the RLL-87-2 ramps into a ramp that is very similar to the RR-TR-8XL ramps. They will be 14" wide by 8.5" high, by 68" long. We sell the RR-TR-8XL ramps for $396, so the RLL-87-2 ramp and Trailer Ramp Adapter is actually a good value for someone who needs both a service ramp and a trailer ramp.

BTW, the two-stage incline ramps and the trailer ramp adapters have an "RLL" prefix since  these products are not offered in the current Race Ramps catalog or online store. I am not sure when these products will become more widely available.

I have another two-stage incline ramp on the drawing board waiting for Race Ramps approval. I calling it an RLL-88-2. It is 8" high by 14" wide by 88" long. The angle of approach will be about 5.2 degrees and should work for cars like the Porsche GT2 and GT3 which require about a 5.5 degree approach angle because of the length of the front overhang. Normally an 8" high ramp would not be 14" wide, but, by increasing the width I can offer a Trailer Ramp Adapter for this ramp too. The adapter would transform the incline section of the RRL-88-2 ramp into a trailer ramp that is 69" long by 14" wide by 6.5" high.

There's still time to modify the design for the RLL-88-2 ramps so feedback from forum members is welcome.

View Postpi-man, on Feb 11 2011, 09:58 PM, said:

Looks pretty cool, Fred. Do you know when the trailer ramp adapters will be available (and how much they'll be)? I'm interested in checking these out once they are.

#5 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
Here's a couple of pictures of the trailer ramp adapters that just arrived over the weekend. The top of the adapter that supports the trailer ramps or door is reinforced.

Attached Thumbnails

• trailer_adapter3_s.jpg
  • trailer_adapter_s.jpg

#6 IvoryG Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:54 PM

IvoryG
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Do you know if the GT-R needs the 87" or the 72"?

#7 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
The incline angles are exactly the same on both the RLL-87-2 and the RLL-72-2 ramps. The extra 15" length of the 87" ramp allows the use of a 10" high platform instead of  an 8" platform.

One of my GT-R customers used the ramp gauge described in the attached drawing to verify that the 6.8 degree incline on the 2-piece, 2-stage incline ramps would work in the front end of a GT-R. I hope to have some photos with a GT-R in the near future.

View PostIvoryG, on Mar 29 2011, 02:54 PM, said:

Do you know if the GT-R needs the 87" or the 72"?

Attached Thumbnails

• cardboard_ramp_gauge_text2.png

#8 IvoryG Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

IvoryG
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Just ordered the 87's. Are these still made to order?

#9 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
Thank you for your order. The RLL-87-2 ramps are a good choice since they are compatible with the optional Trailer Ramp Adapters. The two-stage incline ramps are not exactly custom since I am continuously re-ordering them. However, unlike the standard Race Ramps products they are only made up in relatively small batches. The order processing time varies between one day and ten days depending upon how recent the last batch was produced.

I will check with the Race Ramps factory tomorrow and get back to you with a lead time.

View PostIvoryG, on Mar 29 2011, 04:37 PM, said:

#10 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
Your RLL-87-2 ramps shipped today! There is one more set of Heavy Duty RLL-87-2 ramps and four sets of Standard Duty RLL-72-2 ramps ready to ship.
It usually does not take more than 7 to 10 days to process an order if none are in stock.

View PostIvoryG, on Mar 29 2011, 04:37 PM, said:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users