10 replies to this topic

#1 AllenWilson Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:56 AM

AllenWilson
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 40 posts
GTR_Simulator.jpg

Here is my review of the GTR Simulator (GTS version) Racing Seat setup from www.gtrsimulator.com (ordered submitted via ebay store tenshirenmei )

(THIS PRODUCT IS FRAME AND GTR SEAT ONLY ..... actual Steering wheel and pedal combinations are Sold Seperately)

- This product was ordered online via ebay on Sunday afternoon July 17th.

- Immediate confirmation was received and payment completed via Paypal

- Product was delivered via UPS on Friday afternoon July 22nd. (VERY QUICK DELIVERY!!!)

- Delivery arrived via (2) large boxes - each measuring approximately 53" Long x 23" Wide x 12" high

- Seat was thoroughly wrapped in bubble wrap in Box1

- Frame pieces & hardware were also completely wrapped in bubble wrap in Box2 (NOTE: even though all of frame pieces were wrapped in bubble wrap, the items were loosely packed inside Box2. Therefore standard motion from shipping/handling caused some of the pieces to rub together, which created some severe scratches on 2 of the frame pieces)

- The seat is ABSOLUTELY my favorite part of this product. (I am 6'2" - 220lbs and I found the seat to fit me very well!) The seat is VERY comfortable and appears to be very good quality. A slider bracket is included for forward and backward adjustments (much like a real automotive seat) and this seat also includes a side-lever for backrest recline/tilt position adjustments.

Posted Image Reduced 80%Posted Image 500 x 752 (177.22K)//

- The GTR logo is done well and looks good. Quality of the leather also appears to be very good.

Posted Image Reduced 81%Posted Image 752 x 500 (174.52K)//

- Box 2 included all the frame pieces, including the slider bracket for the seat.

Posted Image Reduced 81%Posted Image 752 x 500 (209.5K)//

- Box 2 also included all the required hardware for assembly. (NOTE: Unfortunately, there were no assembly instructions included with this product. Assembly took me a little more than an hour ,with some trial & error, so a set of instructions would have been helpful. )

Posted Image Reduced 81%Posted Image 752 x 500 (112.61K)//

*** NOTE: For anyone interested in purchasing this product, I have put together a few pictures that I will post to this thread as my version of the assembly instructions. It should help assemble the product once it arrives. ***

Posted Image Reduced 70%Posted Image 500 x 375 (19.04K)//

Posted Image Reduced 86%Posted Image 1024 x 768 (232.28K)//

PROS:
- GTR Racing Seat
- Very well made product
- seat slider bracket included
- universal shifter mount included
- universal mounting plate for a variety of steering wheels (can also be modified if needed)

CONS:
- Needs grip - no casters or rubber feet,.. may cause damage to tile or wood floors from sliding around.
- No assembly instructions (you'll also need your own tools)

VERDICT: Excellent Product - Very stable. Very Well Made. Good quality materials. GREAT PRICE!

I HIGHLY recommend this product for anyone looking for a universal racing simulator!!!

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS PRODUCT: http://www.gtrsimulator.com/index.php/products/gts

Edited by AllenWilson, 24 July 2011 - 09:36 PM.

#2 1 Matt Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:32 PM

1 Matt
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
I'm interested to hear your write up.  I'm a huge sim racing fan and researching building my own driving rig as we speak.  Kind of on the fence for the actual rig between an Obutto, PlaySeat, or the new (and pricey) Human Racing rig.

What are you going to be using for wheels and pedals?  I'm looking forward to the new Fanatec Elite line up.

#3 AllenWilson Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

AllenWilson
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 40 posts

View PostADV.1 Matt, on Jul 22 2011, 01:32 PM, said:

I'm interested to hear your write up. I'm a huge sim racing fan and researching building my own driving rig as we speak. Kind of on the fence for the actual rig between an Obutto, PlaySeat, or the new (and pricey) Human Racing rig.

What are you going to be using for wheels and pedals? I'm looking forward to the new Fanatec Elite line up.

@ADV.1Matt - As for the wheels and pedals, I've been looking at the Logitech G27 & Thurstmaster T500RS. I'll check out the Fanatec... I'd also like to see what might be available for XBOX 360 and Forza 4 (I know they were using the Fanatec for Forza 4 @ E3)

Here's a link to the GTRSimulator on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item35b38719e8

#4 MC Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:51 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,230 posts
hmm i might get one of these...  i have  DFGT wheel for  GT5... and im sure i will get the  fanatec wheel when forza comes out.. want to make sure it works with that

2015 GT-R NISMO #1 built for the USA
MCGTRNISMO Youtube
@MCGTRNISMO

#5 AllenWilson Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

AllenWilson
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 40 posts
Here is my review of the GTR Simulator (GTS version) Racing Seat setup from www.gtrsimulator.com (ordered submitted via ebay store tenshirenmei )

(THIS PRODUCT IS FRAME AND GTR SEAT ONLY ..... actual Steering wheel and pedal combinations are Sold Seperately)

- This product was ordered online via ebay on Sunday afternoon July 17th.

- Immediate confirmation was received and payment completed via Paypal

- Product was delivered via UPS on Friday afternoon July 22nd. (VERY QUICK DELIVERY!!!)

- Delivery arrived via (2) large boxes - each measuring approximately 53" Long x 23" Wide x 12" high

- Seat was thoroughly wrapped in bubble wrap in Box1

- Frame pieces & hardware were also completely wrapped in bubble wrap in Box2 (NOTE: even though all of frame pieces were wrapped in bubble wrap, the items were loosely packed inside Box2. Therefore standard motion from shipping/handling caused some of the pieces to rub together, which created some severe scratches on 2 of the frame pieces)  

- The seat is ABSOLUTELY my favorite part of this product. (I am 6'2" - 220lbs and I found the seat to fit me very well!) The seat is VERY comfortable and appears to be very good quality. A slider bracket is included for forward and backward adjustments (much like a real automotive seat) and this seat also includes a side-lever for backrest recline/tilt position adjustments.  

GTR_SEAT.jpg

- The GTR logo is done well and looks good. Quality of the leather also appears to be very good.

GTR_Logo.jpg

- Box 2 included all the frame pieces, including the slider bracket for the seat.

DSC_0184.JPG

- Box 2 also included all the required hardware for assembly. (NOTE: Unfortunately, there were no assembly instructions included with this product. Assembly took me a little more than an hour ,with some trial & error, so a set of instructions would have been helpful. )

DSC_0185.JPG

*** NOTE: For anyone interested in purchasing this product, I have put together a few pictures that I will post to this thread as my version of the assembly instructions. It should help assemble the product once it arrives. ***

GTR_Simulator.jpg

gts_left_view_dimensions.jpg

PROS:
- GTR Racing Seat
- Very well made product
- seat slider bracket included
- universal shifter mount included
- universal mounting plate for a variety of steering wheels (can also be modified if needed)

CONS:
- Needs grip - no casters or rubber feet,.. may cause damage to tile or wood floors from sliding around.
- No assembly instructions (you'll also need your own tools)

VERDICT: Excellent Product - Very stable. Very Well Made. Good quality materials. GREAT PRICE!

I HIGHLY recommend this product for anyone looking for a universal racing simulator!!!

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS PRODUCT:  http://www.gtrsimula...hp/products/gts

Edited by AllenWilson, 23 July 2011 - 07:19 PM.

#6 AllenWilson Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

AllenWilson
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 40 posts
GTRSIMULATOR.COM (GTS Model) - Assembly Instructions

Tools Required:
10mm socket or wrench
12mm socket or wrench
Allen Wrench/Hex Key set
Optional: (a friend or willing spouse if you have one)

- Main Frame Pieces including seat slider bracket
DSC_0184.JPG

STEP 1 - Connect seat base (#1) to footrest/pedal base (#2)
DSC_0186.JPG

STEP 2 - Install square bracket (#4) for seat installation
DSC_0187.JPG

STEP 3 - Slide bracket down/up in order to bolt slider bracket to the bottom of GTR seat. (Repeat on opposite side of seat bottom)
DSC_0188.JPG
DSC_0189.JPG

#7 AllenWilson Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

AllenWilson
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 40 posts
STEP 4 - Attach GTR seat to the top of square seat bracket (#4) - Make sure slider bracket bolts are parrallel. This makes installation to the square bracket (#4) a lot easier. A friend/assistant may also be required to help hold the seat in place while the slider bracket bolts are lined up with the pre-drilled holes.
DSC_0190.JPG

STEP 5 - Attach steering column (#3) to footrest/pedal base (#2) with the supplied hardware.
DSC_0191.JPG

STEP 6 - Attach the steering wheel adapter (#5) - NOTE: this piece may need further adjustment based on which model wheel/pedal coombination you are using.
DSC_0192.JPG

STEP 7 - (not shown) If needed/required, attach optional shifter holder (#6) to the provided spaces between seatbase (#1) & footrest/pedal base (#2).

*Make sure all nuts/bolts are securely tightened before going for a test drive.
** Slider Brackets may need a little WD40 to help them slide easier.

#8 MC Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,230 posts
thanks for the  write up.. i will probably pick one of these up..

is the slider adjustable pretty much for all heights?

i might wait until its closer to  forza though...  im sort of  burnt out on  GT5 right now... i pretty much only play it to do the weekly seasonal races added....

but yeah im getting one of these..   have you attached your wheel and played yet?

MCGTRNISMO Youtube
@MCGTRNISMO

#9 AllenWilson Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

AllenWilson
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 40 posts

View PostMC, on Jul 24 2011, 11:53 AM, said:

thanks for the write up.. i will probably pick one of these up..

is the slider adjustable pretty much for all heights?

i might wait until its closer to forza though... im sort of burnt out on GT5 right now... i pretty much only play it to do the weekly seasonal races added....

but yeah im getting one of these.. have you attached your wheel and played yet?

@MC,... the slider bracket moves the seat forwards and backwards with some good range. I am 6'2" and have it about half way back.... I moved the seat all the way forward to allow my kids (6yrs & 8yrs) to use it. Had to move the pedals closer to the seat (off the footrest), but they loved it,... eventhough they still had a little trouble seeing over the steering wheel.

I am ordering a Thurstmaster T500RS for GT5 (deceided against the Logitech G27), and I will wait to see what is recommended for Forza 4 in October.

In the meantime, I dusted off the old Xbox w/ the original Forza and hooked up my old Fanatec Speedster 3 wheel & pedals....

#10 MC Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,230 posts
i just ordered mine..... it looks like any wheel will work for it so i dont think its much of a risk to get it now!

will be using your  instructions  soon...so thanks in advance!!!

this is what im getting   for FORZA

Posted Image

MCGTRNISMO Youtube
@MCGTRNISMO

#11 James Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

James
  • Site Moderator
  • HKS GT800

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts
MC, the forza steering wheel you bought does it fit with the GTR stimulator and everything, perfectly? Im thinking of getting the stimulator seat.

2011-Pearl White GT-R

GTR Life Forum Moderator / Marketplace Moderator / Facebook/Instagram Admin
http://facebook.com/gtrlife
Follow Me @jchou38 & @TheGTRLife #GTR #GTRLife #NAGTROC

http://www.gtrlife.c...s-only-ny-9000/ - Brand New ADV6's For Sale

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users