• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OneFastDoc Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:00 AM

OneFastDoc
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 375 posts
I am debating whether or not to do ID1000 injectors for my 2012.  I'm installing an HKS resonated midpipe, GotBoost 3" intake, and will do a Cobb custom tune at Cobb So Cal.  From what I've read, this setup, though mild, can nearly max out the stock injector duty cycle.  (please correct me if I'm wrong).  So it seems like larger injectors will give me a little margin of safety, though not really any performance advantage.  (again, correct me if I'm totally off base here).  My question is, how complicated is the installation of new injectors.  Are we talking a major labor cost here, or something the average joe can do at home?  Or is this a big waste of time and money for me and the mods I have?

Thanks.

OneFastDoc

2012 GT-R delivered 6/7/11 (596whp, 586wtq on 100oct, now on E85 and making more hp!)
AMS DP, Cobb catted MP, GotBoost 3" intakes, ID1000 injectors, Cobb AP, SIR fuel pumps, on E85, custom tuned by Jon Drenas

2008 E90 M3

2007 E92 335i tuned w/ 430hp

2004 G35 Coupe

1991 300ZXTT tuned w/ 420hp

Posted Image

#2 paparazzi Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

paparazzi
  • Site Moderator
  • Torque Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts
It's not hard to do at home with a very set of tools and the right prep. If you're a good DIYer it's not a problem. I've changed them out myself.

The ESM has a very good guide. The manifold needs to come off to access the injectors and once you have the PNP harnesses there's no need to cut and splice wiring.

Make sure you have a scaled base tune to load up before you start up on the new injectors

In any event, in order to really exploit Dave's intake you should really get the 1000cc injectors.

Edited by paparazzi, 16 August 2011 - 12:02 PM.

JDM Mine's dry carbon Spec X 6.0 with genuine Spec-V turbos
617ft lb and 652whp on MS109E

#3 nlpamg Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

nlpamg
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
Damn, Kai.  You and I have ESP.  That was the next topic I was researching.

I guess injectors are next.  Out of curiosity, how much will they adversely affect the fuel consumption?

-Phil
AMS DPs | HKS Res. MP | ID1000s | GB 3" Intakes | Tuned by Chris Black@AMS

#4 Kristian Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

Kristian
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

View Postnlpamg, on Aug 16 2011, 11:10 AM, said:

Damn, Kai.  You and I have ESP.  That was the next topic I was researching.

I guess injectors are next.  Out of curiosity, how much will they adversely affect the fuel consumption?

If scaled and tuned correctly fuel consumption will not get any worse for you are only using as much of the injector as you need. Injectors are something that should never be overlooked and upgrading is always a good idea.

Installation can be done by anyone as long as you have good sense of what you are doing. Just a tip, make sure injectors sit all the way down and when rail is installed the injectors don't move up and down. Injector lift and small leaks will effect the tune and extra care when installing will save trouble later on. :)

Tuner / certified warranty void-er 

#5 nlpamg Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

nlpamg
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

View PostKristian@SPE, on Aug 16 2011, 11:32 AM, said:

If scaled and tuned correctly fuel consumption will not get any worse for you are only using as much of the injector as you need. Injectors are something that should never be overlooked and upgrading is always a good idea.

Installation can be done by anyone as long as you have good sense of what you are doing. Just a tip, make sure injectors sit all the way down and when rail is installed the injectors don't move up and down. Injector lift and small leaks will effect the tune and extra care when installing will save trouble later on. :)

Thanks!

Also, would running larger injectors require getting additional cooling, such as a larger FMIC?

-Phil
AMS DPs | HKS Res. MP | ID1000s | GB 3" Intakes | Tuned by Chris Black@AMS

#6 Kristian Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

Kristian
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

View Postnlpamg, on Aug 16 2011, 11:49 AM, said:

Thanks!

Also, would running larger injectors require getting additional cooling, such as a larger FMIC?

Not required. They wont make the car run hotter at all, but keeping the temps down is always a good thing! haha :nana:

Tuner / certified warranty void-er 

#7 JMH-GTR Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

JMH-GTR
  • Resident Dickhead

• PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

View PostOneFastDoc, on Aug 16 2011, 01:00 PM, said:

I am debating whether or not to do ID1000 injectors for my 2012. I'm installing an HKS resonated midpipe, GotBoost 3" intake, and will do a Cobb custom tune at Cobb So Cal. From what I've read, this setup, though mild, can nearly max out the stock injector duty cycle. (please correct me if I'm wrong). So it seems like larger injectors will give me a little margin of safety, though not really any performance advantage. (again, correct me if I'm totally off base here). My question is, how complicated is the installation of new injectors. Are we talking a major labor cost here, or something the average joe can do at home? Or is this a big waste of time and money for me and the mods I have?

Thanks.

Installation by doing it yourself depends on your mechanical abililty. I am guessing if you are having to ask, then the warning from TV shows comes to mind... "Don't try this at home".

2009 GT-R SS GT1R

"Tell me about it! F this warranty. If it breaks it breaks. The worlds supposed to end in 2012 anyway."
Member: GTARRR

#8 Murtaza Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:30 AM

Murtaza
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Hey Doc, I'm currently data logging and having Ben Linney tune my car.

You will need injectors with downpipes and intake. My injectors are not maxing out with just midpipe, but they will with intake and downpipes. OEM intakes are close to maxing out, 4.9v. This is with the canned map 3 with 17.5lbs boost with 93 (91/100 mix)

Edited by Murtaza, 24 August 2011 - 12:31 AM.

-Cobb Catless Midpipe

-Gotboost 3" Intake
-ANSU 1150cc injectors
-Dual Walbro 255
-Cobb AP

E85 Tuned by Ben Linney @ GTC

#9 GTRNY Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

GTRNY
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

View PostMurtaza, on 24 August 2011 - 12:30 AM, said:

Hey Doc, I'm currently data logging and having Ben Linney tune my car.

You will need injectors with downpipes and intake. My injectors are not maxing out with just midpipe, but they will with intake and downpipes. OEM intakes are close to maxing out, 4.9v. This is with the canned map 3 with 17.5lbs boost with 93 (91/100 mix)
do you have stock fuel PUMP?
Do need bigger pumps?
thanks

09 GTR Titanium 10.4@133.66 Ivey tuned
-Cobb ap Sean Ivey tuned
-ID 1000c
-Aam 3inch intake
-Ams catless dp
-Mines midpipe
-Greedy PE-R Titaninum exhurst
-Stop tech ss brake line
-Hawk dtc 70 pads for track
-Bbs Gtr limited edition
-E85 Power!!

#10 Murtaza Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

Murtaza
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

View PostGTRNY, on 31 August 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

do you have stock fuel PUMP?
Do need bigger pumps?
thanks

Stock fuel pump is fine unless going E85.

-Cobb Catless Midpipe

-Gotboost 3" Intake
-ANSU 1150cc injectors
-Dual Walbro 255
-Cobb AP

E85 Tuned by Ben Linney @ GTC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users