Next generation Honda NSX

113 replies to this topic

#101 Monaco Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

Monaco
  • Members
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts
The new RL is going to use similar technology to that of the NSX and it's not going to be priced nearly as high.  This could suggest that prices may not be as high as we were speculating.

#102 MindlessOath Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

MindlessOath
  • Supporter
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts
first things first price is not set yet. 2nd... that $150k number was from acura apparently or who ever is setting up those reviews.

chassis for nsx will probably be shared with s2000 to also save costs.

#103 descartesfool Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

descartesfool
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

View PostMindlessOath, on 18 April 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

first things first price is not set yet. 2nd... that $150k number was from acura apparently or who ever is setting up those reviews.

chassis for nsx will probably be shared with s2000 to also save costs.

Even if they turn an S2000 chassis around back-wards, it would still have a longitudinally placed engine. That would not work with an added hybrid motor in terms of packaging. I would assume engine will be transversely mounted as on the original NSX to provide a decent sized trunk, which means that if they take an existing chassis to start as a basis and turn it around to get RWD, it would be from a FWD platform, like the Accord V6 or the new RLX.

Here are some details on the new RLX which replaces the RL. Honda's CEO said NSX will share components from the new RLX, but be more "sporty". Sure hope it doesn't weigh nearly as much as the RLX!!!

http://www.drivearab...e-honda-legend/
"The RLX concept packs some new technology under the hood with an all-new 3.5-litre V6 mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. But the concept also features an advanced Sport Hybrid SH-AWD system that helps boost overall power to a V8-like 370 hp.
The ‘hybrid’ part of that title includes what Acura is calling a ‘unique dual electric motor drive unit with a bilateral torque adjustable control system.’ Basically, it is an electric all-wheel-drive setup with torque-vectoring on the rear axle.
Another alternative will be a solitary 3.5 litre V6 with front-wheel-drive, producing 310 hp. The newbie is also marked under 1800 kg, so it should be a brisk accelerator and steady handler."

So 3.5 litre V6, 3 electric motors, and a DCT as had been rumoured. One would assume for the NSX a more highly tuned V6 with perhaps 350 HP or 100 HP/litre, giving overall power with electric motors of 410 HP. Only way it will be very high performance is if it is light weight. GT-R has a weight/power ratio of 3850lbs/545HP or 7.07 lbs/hp. In full electric power mode if it has 410 HP, the new NSX would have to weigh about 2900 lbs to get 7.07 lbs/HP. I would not think that is likely. If it was to match the GT-R from 2009 which has 8.02 lbs/hp, then it could weigh up to 3300 lbs, which is more in the range of the possible.

Edited by descartesfool, 18 April 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#104 LuckyEff Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

LuckyEff
  • Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts
Hybrid NSX?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Toyota Prado

Mercedes S 400
HYBRID

#105 MindlessOath Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

MindlessOath
  • Supporter
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts
NSX expected to be heavier than prev thought. design cue's made to make it look lighter. batteries are suppose to be small to keep weight as low as possible tho.

i really think that alot of fans are hoping this to be much better than it really will be. honestly this wont be as great as fans want it to be. will it be a good car? no doubt it will be. it looks awesome (except for the beak). but thats all debatable depending on what they change or keep if they are not hitting there targets. There is alot of HYPE and little facts, the facts that are known dont show anything really great or breath taking. it just looks good.

if the gtr can do what it can at 480hp and 3800lbs, i dont see any reason why the NSX 2.0 cant do something similar.

Edited by MindlessOath, 04 June 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#106 PhantomTEG Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

PhantomTEG
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
I never understood this car... the HSV was production ready, had a V10 and looked bad ass....   Then someone said.... Hey I know lets build a car like the CRZ it will look good but do nothing great and if we call it NSX people will flock to it.  :lame:    I used to be a huge Honda fan and now the only vechile they make that I would consider would be the Odesey if my wife got preg again.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. - Col. Jessep - A Few Good Men
Posted ImagePosted ImageMy Old Love

"Progression of GTR is progression of mankind itself"

#107 MindlessOath Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

MindlessOath
  • Supporter
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts
the hsv was awesome but Honda wanted an nsx that was mid mounted and also go along the lines of eco friendly the new way Honda is heading. many of the employees had an issue and the die hard retarded fans.... so they had to basically scrap what was an awesome car and make something slower.

#108 Santorican Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

Santorican
  • Members
  • Troller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts

View PostLuckyEff, on 18 April 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Hybrid NSX?

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's what everyone said when Audi said diesel race car.

Posted Image

#109 MindlessOath Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:53 AM

MindlessOath
  • Supporter
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts
The offical reveal of the NSX Roadster will be soon. this model will feature a light weight roof. Rumors about this say it could go folding hard top( made of aluminum with steel frame work).

Acura is looking to squeeze more power out of the V-6 for the R Spec varient.
The R-spec could recieve as much as 450 BHP( petrol engine only) in this form of this model while the hybrid would likely push it towards 575 BHP.
So we will have a standard spec and an R spec (at least in the UK and Japan, USA is unknown, but most likly)... but we all know how honda is with the r-spec in the current market.

Beyond this Acura are looking into future developments of this model and could go as far as a race-bred street car if they feel the need too!!

What this means is there MIGHT be a gas only and hybrid R spec. 575 is pretty high hp for the projections already on the standard spec.

will eventually know more later. if i were a customer id wait for the R-spec tho if thats a reality.

Edited by MindlessOath, 14 June 2012 - 12:54 AM.

#110 Skyliner Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:27 AM

Skyliner
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,553 posts
It won't be as quick as 2014 GT-R.... Trust me on that!

#111 Norm McAverage Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Norm McAverage
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

View PostSantorican, on 06 June 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

That's what everyone said when Audi said diesel race car.

And unfortunately Audi caved to the pressure.

Off-topic, but I think it would have been badass for Audi to show what the concept could have done in real life.

Chapman philosophy: simplify, then add lightness.

Mizuno philosophy: add convenience and technology to gain confidence behind the wheel; make a GT car that's faster than every sports car.

#112 MindlessOath Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

MindlessOath
  • Supporter
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts
skyliner no one knows this for sure. dunno why u would say that. with electric motors it could be faster than an aventador for all u know. if the r spec had 575hp that's more than nissans current. the nsx also has dct like the gtrs but also has an electric motor in it.... shifts could be faster and more seamless for all you know.

#113 MindlessOath Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

MindlessOath
  • Supporter
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts
i got some pics of nsx gt300!!! but ill have to upload them later via my laptop. they are just renders and we won't see it on the track at least until 2014 or later... but the renders look amazing.

Acura  also admitted there corporate beak is ugly and they admit its not the best due to fans... but they are doing very minor adjustment to change it and still looks terrible. the new acura shows some of the changes but looks so bland, still ugly also like an earlier mazda6 ... its going to decimate sales until they change it imho... lots of buyers that will buy something else just cause of the beak.

#114 the King Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

the King
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,042 posts
I must number amoung the few who like the distinctive beak on the previous gen. TL.

Tommi Makinen Edition aka Evolution 6.5: full GSR trim, Coilovers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users