reverse logic

16 replies to this topic

#1 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
Up until the introduction of this MV52-30-28 multi-vehicle jack pad tool, Reverse Logic has only offered chassis specific jack pad tools. The block on this tool is 52mm long by 30mm wide by 28mm high. These dimensions allow this tool to be used with all BMWs, non-AMG Mercedes, and the Nissan GT-R which have an integrated vehicle jack pocket in the jack point. Basically, the block is the length of our R35JPT GT-R tool, the width of our BMW tools, and the height of our Mercedes tools. The new powder coated tool sells for $26.95 without the 30mm pin or $34.95 with the pin. Prices include shipping to any destination in the USA and Canada.

For floor jacks with removable saddles, the optional 30mm pin allows use of the tool without a floor jack saddle. We plan to offer a 25mm pin in the future to accommodate more floor jack models.

Unlike our other chassis specific jack pad tools, this mutli-vehicle tool does not hang from the factory jack points. The “universal” dimensions of the block preclude this feature from being incorporated into this jack pad tool model.

The block from our MV52-30-28 multi-vehicle jack pad tool is the perfect size for a jack stand block. When attached to popular flat-saddle aluminum jack stands manufactured by Torin, Duralast, and OTC it fits the jack points of late model BMW, Mercedes, and Nissan GT-R chassis. It has an M10x1.5 threaded hole in the bottom.

Installing the blocks requires drilling a 10mm hole in the center of the jack stand saddle. The blocks are sold in pairs for $29.95 and include two 55mm bolts. The bolts are installed from the bottom of the inner jack stand tube using a 17mm socket and long extension.

Supporting the car from inside the vehicle jack pockets avoids damaging the jack points on BMW, Mercedes and Nissan GT-R chassis.

Attached Thumbnails

• PC52x30x28.png
  • PC52x30x28x30P.png
  • JackStandBlock.png

Edited by Fred@ReverseLogic, 24 March 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#2 Socalaviator Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Socalaviator
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
So...what is the best option for a GTR owner?  All these options with pins and blocks is a bit overwhelming.  I have a Craftsman Aluminum Low-Profile Jack that I use for the GTR. What do you recommend.  I can give you an exact model # for my craftsman jack if you need it.

Thanks

Sergio

2011 GTR

AAM DPs, HKS resonated Mid-Pipe, Stillen Cat-Back Exhaust, 3" Intakes, 2012 Inlet Pipes, ID1000cc injectors, SIR 265 Fuel Pumps, 91oct and E85 Pro Tune by Tim Bailey @ Cobb SoCal. 606whp / 616 wtorque @19Psi peak. E85

Other Rides:
2006 Nissan 350Z- Hi Power Dual Exhaust
2003 Honda CBR 954- Custom Stainless Yosimura exhaust/headers, exhaust valve delete, KnN Air Filter, Velocity Stacks, Catalyst Reaction Front Forks and Rear shock, steering damper, Power Commander, 91 oct dyno tune- 143 whp

#3 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
It's really not that complicated. If your floor jack does not have a removable saddle (The Sears low profile jacks don't) then forget about the tool with the pin. Our standard R35JPT tool has a 19mm high block and the base is 13mm thick. Since the block fits up into the jack point before you position the floor jack, you need less than 20mm of clearance between your floor jack and jack point to use the R35JPT tool.

The multi-vehicle tool has a 28mm high block and a 13mm thick base. so you need a floor jack that has just over 40mm of clearance between the floor jack saddle and the jack point to use this tool. If your floor jack does have a removable saddle then you pick up the thickness of the saddle in clearance.

If you are planning to use four tools with a lift, then the R35JPT tool with the Silicone plugs would be more convenient since you could insert the tools and then easily align the arms from the lift with the jack points.

View PostSocalaviator, on 13 February 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

So...what is the best option for a GTR owner?  All these options with pins and blocks is a bit overwhelming.  I have a Craftsman Aluminum Low-Profile Jack that I use for the GTR. What do you recommend.  I can give you an exact model # for my craftsman jack if you need it.

Thanks

Sergio

#4 Socalaviator Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

Socalaviator
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

View PostFred@ReverseLogic, on 13 February 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

It's really not that complicated. If your floor jack does not have a removable saddle (The Sears low profile jacks don't) then forget about the tool with the pin. Our standard R35JPT tool has a 19mm high block and the base is 13mm thick. Since the block fits up into the jack point before you position the floor jack, you need less than 20mm of clearance between your floor jack and jack point to use the R35JPT tool.

The multi-vehicle tool has a 28mm high block and a 13mm thick base. so you need a floor jack that has just over 40mm of clearance between the floor jack saddle and the jack point to use this tool. If your floor jack does have a removable saddle then you pick up the thickness of the saddle in clearance.

If you are planning to use four tools with a lift, then the R35JPT tool with the Silicone plugs would be more convenient since you could insert the tools and then easily align the arms from the lift with the jack points.

thanks for the clarification.  I will only be using one tool to jack up a corner at a time so sounds like option #1 is the best route.

2011 GTR

AAM DPs, HKS resonated Mid-Pipe, Stillen Cat-Back Exhaust, 3" Intakes, 2012 Inlet Pipes, ID1000cc injectors, SIR 265 Fuel Pumps, 91oct and E85 Pro Tune by Tim Bailey @ Cobb SoCal. 606whp / 616 wtorque @19Psi peak. E85

Other Rides:
2003 Honda CBR 954- Custom Stainless Yosimura exhaust/headers, exhaust valve delete, KnN Air Filter, Velocity Stacks, Catalyst Reaction Front Forks and Rear shock, steering damper, Power Commander, 91 oct dyno tune- 143 whp

#5 Socalaviator Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:46 AM

Socalaviator
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
Btw, I will be ordering the 2-stage 64" service ramp.  I was originally going to order it through the race ramps web site until i relaized you sell them as well! What is the price for the 64" 2-stage race ramps?  How about for the extenders?

The 64" ramp has a lift height of 10" correct?

Thanks

Sergio

2011 GTR

Other Rides:

#6 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
The standard Race Ramps are 56" and 67" long and have a constant slope of 10.7˚. The two-stage ramps which are only available through Reverse Logic are either 72" or 87" long. They have an initial incline of 6.8˚ with a transition to 10.7˚ before reaching the platform. If you purchased the standard 10" high, 67" long Race Ramps you would need the XTenders to lessen the initial approach angle.

The RLL-87-2 two-stage ramps have the XTenders integrated into the design. So you don't need a third ramp section to reduce the approach angle. We stock the two-stage ramps in Philadelphia, and usually there is some inventory at the factory in Michigan as well. Orders for California are drop shipped from the factory.

Race Ramps is currently running a rebate offer for a free pair of wheel chocks with the purchase of any of the standard service ramps. Strictly speaking the two-stage incline ramps are not eligible for the free wheel chocks, but, Reverse Logic will include a pair of the wheel chocks with our custom Race Ramps for orders placed by 31-Mar-2012.

The RLL-87-2 ramps are $425 including shipping to the Continental USA. The attachment shows the relative size of the 67" and 87" ramps.

View PostSocalaviator, on 14 February 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

Btw, I will be ordering the 2-stage 64" service ramp.  I was originally going to order it through the race ramps web site until i relaized you sell them as well! What is the price for the 64" 2-stage race ramps?  How about for the extenders?

The 64" ramp has a lift height of 10" correct?

Thanks

Sergio

Attached Thumbnails

• Ramp_comparison__v1.jpg

Edited by Fred@ReverseLogic, 14 February 2012 - 11:05 AM.

#7 Socalaviator Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

Socalaviator
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
Which ramps have the highest lift? I would like at least 10" of lift height or more if possible

Also, I understand you make a profit off of your sales but...couldnt you add a simple pieceof wood as an "extender" to lessen the approach angle?

Thanks for the info.  Some of the race ramp lengths and options you sell aren't even listed on the race ramps website.  How would I go about ordering ramps through you?

2011 GTR

Other Rides:

#8 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
The standard RR-XT-2 (67") Race Ramps and the custom RLL-87-2 Race Ramps both have a 10" high platform. The manufacturer specifically warns against modifying the ramps or extending them with pieces wood. One reason for this is that the wood could easily be ejected with significant force by the drive wheels on your car.

The profit margin on the ramps is much less than you might think since we absorb the shipping costs which in the case of the RLL-87-2 ramps is more than $70.

All of the ramps we sell are manufactured by Race Ramps. The four models of custom service ramps we offer, RLL-72-2, RLL-87-2, RLL-89-2, and RLL-99-2 are made to our specified dimensions. Race Ramps does not offer our custom spec'd ramps on their own website. In fact, if you inquire about them over the phone, you will be referred to Reverse Logic. In addition to the custom service ramps we have a few other custom ramp items as well.

You can order the custom Race Ramps via our website at www.reverselogic.us. The Race Ramps are listed on the "Ramps" page of our website, but, you should also check the "Specials" page for current promotions. You can also order over the phone by calling 216-235-8584 (Verizon cell).

In addition to our custom ramps, we also sell Heavy Duty versions of both the standard Race Ramps products and our custom two stage incline ramps. You won't find the heavy duty option on any other reseller websites or even the Race Ramps website. We do not offer the Progressive Incline RLL-89-2 or RLL-99-2 ramps with the Heavy Duty option since the reinforced layer on the top of the ramps would tend to straighten out the curved top on the Progressive incline ramps.

View PostSocalaviator, on 14 February 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

Which ramps have the highest lift? I would like at least 10" of lift height or more if possible

Also, I understand you make a profit off of your sales but...couldnt you add a simple pieceof wood as an "extender" to lessen the approach angle?

Thanks for the info.  Some of the race ramp lengths and options you sell aren't even listed on the race ramps website.  How would I go about ordering ramps through you?

Edited by Fred@ReverseLogic, 14 February 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#9 Socalaviator Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Socalaviator
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
Fred,

Thank you so much for all the info you have provided.  I am currently looking at the RLL-89-2 since the extenders portion is already built in to one of the sections. (I'm assuming a Nissan GTR needs the extended portion to clear the ramp).

Other than overall length, what is the difference between the RLL-87-2 and the RLL-89-2?

I think I've narrowed my choices down.

Thank you

2011 GTR

Other Rides:

#10 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
Both the RLL-87-2 and the RLL-89-2 are extra long ramps. The 87" ramps are 10" high and the 89" ramps are only 8" high. The RLL-87-2 ramps have two distinct incline angles. The initial slope is 6.8˚. A little more than half way up the ramp, the incline changes to 10.7˚. Once the front tires are on the 6.8˚ incline section, the approach angle is effectively increased, so it's possible to increase the angle on the ramp. Increasing the angle part way up the ramp decreases the overall length of the ramp.

The RLL-89-2 progressive incline ramp has a curved top which gradually increases from 4˚ to 8˚. Using a curved top can reduce the length of the ramp by more than 25%. If your car required ramps with a 4˚ incline in order to reach the tires without hitting up against the spoiler, then constant slope ramps with a 4˚ incline would have to be 120" long in order to reach a platform that was 8" high. But since the RLL-89-2 ramps are curved, they get to 8" high with a length of only 89". The problem with the curved top ramps is that it's possible that they could fit up against the tires when the car is on the ground, but, scrape the car when it is part way up the ramps.

With a constant slope ramp, if the ramps can be pushed up against the tires when the car is on the ground, you are guaranteed that the car will clear the entire length of the incline section since the clearance between the ramp and the car increases as the car climbs the ramps. The easiest way to visualize this is to imagine a ramp that is longer than the wheelbase of the car.  If a car with 4" of ground clearance has 1" of clearance when the tires are up against the starting edge of the ramps, there will be 4" of clearance between the car and the ramps once both axles are on the ramps.

The only way to guarantee adequate clearance the entire length of the progressive incline ramp would be to have a custom ramp for a given combination of wheelbase, overhang length, and ground clearance values. Since this is not really practical, the best I can do is verify whether or not a particular car can clear the entire length of the 89" ramps. Since a few customers had cars that would still scrape on the RLL-89-2 ramps, I also made an RLL-99-2 ramp with a total length of 99" and the same 8" height. The compromise with a 99" long ramp is that some cars with relatively short wheelbases give up the feature of being able to remove the inclines when the front tires are on the platform since the rear tires are on the inclines by the time the front tires reach the platform stop.

Some people may lament the fact that the RLL-89-2 ramps are only 8" high instead of 10" high. However, if your car requires the RLL-89-2 ramps for clearance in the front of the car, then it's very likely that if the rear tires were 10" off the ground, that the front bumper would be below the ground.

I doubt if you need the RLL-89-2 ramps for your GT-R unless it is lower than stock. Other forum members who purchased the RLL-87-2 ramps report that they have plenty of clearance with the two-stage incline ramps.

View PostSocalaviator, on 14 February 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

Fred,

Thank you so much for all the info you have provided.  I am currently looking at the RLL-89-2 since the extenders portion is already built in to one of the sections. (I'm assuming a Nissan GTR needs the extended portion to clear the ramp).

Other than overall length, what is the difference between the RLL-87-2 and the RLL-89-2?

I think I've narrowed my choices down.

Thank you

#11 Socalaviator Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

Socalaviator
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
Fred,

Thanks once again.  Looks like the 87" ramps is what I'm looking for since I am looking for as high of a lift as possible.

after taking a look at your web site I was considering purchasing a combo package with the 10" wheel cribs but I will need to see if my jack can get the wheels high enough off of the ground first.

i will be ordering shortly.

Sergio

2011 GTR

Other Rides:

#12 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
It's wise to verify that your floor jack has the range to use the wheel cribs. I have had a couple of customers exchange the 12" high wheel cribs for shorter ones because their floor jack was not up to the task. If you need to add a spacer between the car and the floor jack, then you might want  to consider the two-piece wheel cribs. That way you can put the car on the first half of the wheel cribs, lower the floor jack, add the spacer, and then raise the car the rest of the way.

View PostSocalaviator, on 15 February 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

Fred,

Thanks once again.  Looks like the 87" ramps is what I'm looking for since I am looking for as high of a lift as possible.

after taking a look at your web site I was considering purchasing a combo package with the 10" wheel cribs but I will need to see if my jack can get the wheels high enough off of the ground first.

i will be ordering shortly.

Sergio

#13 Socalaviator Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Socalaviator
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

View PostFred@ReverseLogic, on 15 February 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

It's wise to verify that your floor jack has the range to use the wheel cribs. I have had a couple of customers exchange the 12" high wheel cribs for shorter ones because their floor jack was not up to the task. If you need to add a spacer between the car and the floor jack, then you might want  to consider the two-piece wheel cribs. That way you can put the car on the first half of the wheel cribs, lower the floor jack, add the spacer, and then raise the car the rest of the way.

Wow. Sounds like a solution to every scenario. Are the two-piece wheel cribs available as part of the combo deals?

2011 GTR

Other Rides:

#14 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
Yes, check out "Group 6" and "Group 8" in the bundles table on the Specials page.

http://www.reverselo...d/Specials.html

The RLL-87-2 ramps are in stock both at the factory in Michigan and at our warehouse in Philadelphia.

View PostSocalaviator, on 15 February 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Wow. Sounds like a solution to every scenario. Are the two-piece wheel cribs available as part of the combo deals?

Edited by Fred@ReverseLogic, 16 February 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#15 Socalaviator Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Socalaviator
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
Fred,

Just ordered Combo #6.  I figured getting the whole car off the ground at once with the two piece ramps and cribs was the way to go.  Thanks for your help and expertise in helping me make the right choice!

2011 GTR

Other Rides:

#16 Fred@ReverseLogic Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

Fred@ReverseLogic
  • Vendors
  • Vendor

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
Thank you. Your order will be shipped directly from the factory in Michigan since Philadelphia is about as far as you can get from the West Coast. Please post some photos with your car on the ramps and the wheel cribs. I don't think there are any pictures of the GT-R on wheel cribs on NAGTROC.

View PostSocalaviator, on 01 March 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Fred,

Just ordered Combo #6.  I figured getting the whole car off the ground at once with the two piece ramps and cribs was the way to go.  Thanks for your help and expertise in helping me make the right choice!

#17 Socalaviator Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

Socalaviator
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
I will send you photos the moment I get them in with the car on them!

2011 GTR

Other Rides:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users