Nissan GT-R Forum banner

2009 with LC4

Tags
2009 lc4
9K views 63 replies 23 participants last post by  Davin 
#1 ·
Hello all, I recently picked up a 2009 with 5k miles and loving every minute of it. I'm thinking when I get my car serviced for it's 6k, I'll have Nissan flash to LC4. Can you 09 owners speak to that change? Was it pretty significant on noise and overall smoothness of shifting? Does Nissan charge for doing this flash? If so, what's the damage? Appreciate this forum quite a bit, lot of knowledgeable cool people here.

#6 ·
When you say you have a custom tuned lc4 do you mean you have lc4 beta with a custom tune? I'm getting ready to convert on my 2010 but want to make sure I don't need to modify my custom tune to accomodate lc4.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Someone tell me the dealer would do it but for $1200

Then someone else told me that the dealer refused to do it.

Personally I dont think their equipment can flash the LC4 on to the old cars.

You have two options, purchase a Cobb Accessport and run alpha firmware or go with a EcuTek TCM Flash.

Both products can give you the LC4 you want.

-John

#9 ·
Im in the same boat, I was thinking about running the beta LC4 from cobb on my 09 but will it work alright with my setup?

#12 ·
Are there any downsides to putting LC4 on the '09 models? Are there any major differences from flashing to LC4 with Cobb than having "factory" LC4 on the 2012+ models?

#13 ·
The biggest downside is that you just spin the tires all over the place if you're on factory rubber! On R mode it just bogs completely due to wheelspin.

I switched back to LC2 3750rpm but my car still revs to 4000, but the driveability factor of LC4 is just amazing. I got it sort of close changing my settings to 1-1-2-6 and that first gear stumble is hardly noticeable but still there. The only thing is when the trans is cold it shifts kinda rough putting around the neighborhood.

Switching back to LC4 for my DD needs.

#14 ·
Thanks for the reply! I am just looking to smooth the tranny out for putting around the city. The starts from a stop a pretty rough and the shifts from 1-3 is are not as smooth as I'd like it to be. It's not a big issue, but since there's a way to make it better, I'd like to have it.

#15 ·
Just checked "Check Search Beta Firmware" in the AP Manager and it installed v1.6.5.0-2897..... Is this the correct version for the LC4 w/ "KB51B Stock Style LC4 VDC off"??

#19 ·
I screwed up. Didn't realize I needed to uninstall the cobb from my car..... I updated everything already and am on AP Manager 2.0.1.5 and Firmware v1.6.5.1-3617. What the heck do I do now? lol

#27 ·
Joe I'm still not showing the LC4 map on my AP. My firmware is at 1.6.5.1-3617..... Somethings not right?

#28 ·
that firmware is LC5 alpha.

#33 ·
Can't wait for rest of the snow to disappear so i can re-flash to LC4 and try this out!

#37 ·
If you install the Cobb, it technically voids your warranty already anyway. At that point, launching it with VDC off or on isn't going to make a difference...

#38 ·
True.

#43 ·
Seriously?

You kill me dude ...

#45 ·
No, it doesnt make sense.

It all depends on what breaks. If you break your 1st gear, you are right, your done. VDC OFF with wheel hop will do that. But don't HOP (and don't LC1) and it's very unlikely to happen, you are not going to break 1st gear. You can launch the shit out of a car and NOT hop, and NOT break a gear. I launched the shit out of my black car like 300+ times with VDC off, with 60's in the 1.4's. I just didn't hop it much.

You act like simply turning VDC off is going to kill your warranty. Do you really think that's true? Do you think if I have a stock car, and drive around with VDC off sometimes, or accidentally hit that button on the dash that my warranty is gone if a solenoid or seal goes bad?

So, I hit a button that Nissan designed and built and put into my car and my warranty is gone? But if I flash the cars engine and transmission management they will think that is OK???????? Really ? You think that makes sense ??

Look, you can try to make yourself feel protected if it makes you feel better. But the reality is you have flashed the car. You may or may not get covered if there is some drivetrain failure on your car.

#46 ·
Is there. Step by step tutorial on how to flash the car to lc4 I have a 09...

#48 ·
#52 ·
Educating people doesn't always work. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink holds true here.

1. You can install a Cobb tune and still have your tranny warrantied in most cases.

2. But that won't hold true if it grenades with VDC OFF.

3. Take home point kids. LC4/LC5 by Cobb will be safer once made to run with VDC ON.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.