#21 nlpamg Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

nlpamg
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

View PostHKBruin, on 26 March 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Hi nlpamg, please add me.
I'll probably work half a day Friday.  I am leaving in the afternoon from LA (San Gabriel area).  I prefer taking the shortest distance (5N, 46W, 101N).  I would like staying in the same hotel with the group.

Done!

Edited by nlpamg, 27 March 2012 - 04:10 AM.

-Phil
AMS DPs | HKS Res. MP | ID1000s | GB 3" Intakes | Tuned by Chris Black@AMS

#22 aliasvfx Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

aliasvfx
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts
edit !

Edited by aliasvfx, 26 March 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#23 HKBruin Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

HKBruin
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 196 posts

View Postnlpamg, on 26 March 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Done!

I'm staying at Embassy Suites since Nissan recommended it.  I'm not sure where everyone else is staying.

Thanks!  Are you booking the Embassy Suites using Nissan rate?  Do you have the promotion/group code?  I understand it would be hard to fit everyone schedule for caravan; at least we should shoot for dinner in Monterey area, agree?

#24 nlpamg Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

nlpamg
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

View PostHKBruin, on 26 March 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

Thanks!  Are you booking the Embassy Suites using Nissan rate?  Do you have the promotion/group code?  I understand it would be hard to fit everyone schedule for caravan; at least we should shoot for dinner in Monterey area, agree?

Yes, I booked it using the Nissan rate.  I told them I was with the Nissan 2013 GT-R Experience and they had it down.

They have 25 rooms blocked out there and 15 more at the Marriott (which has shit for parking).

-Phil

#25 Sinister Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Sinister
  • Callous Disregard

• PipPip
  • 263 posts
This trip wouldn't be right without a convoy :) , count me in from Irvine. I'm staying at Embassy for two nights as well. Gotta love the government rate.

Edited by Sinister, 26 March 2012 - 07:11 PM.

Posted Image

#26 aliasvfx Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

aliasvfx
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

View PostSinister, on 26 March 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

This trip wouldn't be right without a convoy :) , count me in from Irvine. I'm staying at Embassy for two nights as well. Gotta love the government rate.

Any way u can pass that rate to a fellow gtr'r haha ?

#27 HKBruin Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

HKBruin
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 196 posts
I will try my best to join the caravan group on 101 (Friday).  Any idea where to go for dinner on that day?  Anyone familiar with restaurants in Monterey (with safe parking).  I certainly hope the weather will be great next weekend; raining is absolutely no fun.

#28 illpayne Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

illpayne
  • Members
  • Dream Crusher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
I'm scheduled for saturday, but I'm leaving Thursday between 10-11am from LA.

My Blog

follow me on twitter: illpayne

Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is.

#29 Sakred Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

Sakred
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

View Postillpayne, on 27 March 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

I'm scheduled for saturday, but I'm leaving Thursday between 10-11am from LA.

Why not leave on Friday? It seems more people are available to carvan on Friday.

Posted Image
**This is where my mods list, and previous cars with mods list goes. Becauseyouneedtoknow**

#30 illpayne Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

illpayne
  • Members
  • Dream Crusher

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

View PostSakred, on 27 March 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Why not leave on Friday? It seems more people are available to carvan on Friday.

I want get there for Friday's event and interview people for this mini documentary that I'm doing and hang out with a few friends.

My Blog

follow me on twitter: illpayne

Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is.

#31 Greg S. Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

Greg S.
  • Happy in Hermosa

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

View Postillpayne, on 27 March 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

I want get there for Friday's event and interview people for this mini documentary that I'm doing and hang out with a few friends.

This.

2013 BE in Pearl White; Expel clear bra and tint
Aeromotions front splitter;Schroth 4-pt ASM w/Sparco harness bar
AMS catless DPs; GotBoost hi-flow catted midpipe; GotBoost intake kit, GotBoost I/C pipping, SIR 1150cc injectors, Denso 265lph fuel pumps
COBB AP -- Flex Fuel tune by Jon Drenas

#32 aliasvfx Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

aliasvfx
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

View PostGreg S., on 27 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

This.

and That !

#33 HKBruin Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

HKBruin
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 196 posts
Have you guys booked the hotel yet?  Are we all staying in Embassy Suites like nlpamg does?

#34 Sinister Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Sinister
  • Callous Disregard

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

View PostHKBruin, on 28 March 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Have you guys booked the hotel yet?  Are we all staying in Embassy Suites like nlpamg does?

A few of us are, but not everyone.  A few have chosen not to reveal their lodging on a public forum.

That said, let the countdown begin....
TEN DAYS!

Posted Image

#35 Sakred Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Sakred
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

View PostSinister, on 28 March 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

A few of us are, but not everyone.  A few have chosen not to reveal their lodging on a public forum.

I understand the need for discretion when putting your sensitive information on a public forum, but I would like to understand how your lodging info for this weekend is sensitive? Let me rephrase that a bit. Is there something to be concerned about in the Monterrey neighborhood. Is this discretion in an effort to prevent theft, or something else? Just curious.

Hammad

Posted Image
**This is where my mods list, and previous cars with mods list goes. Becauseyouneedtoknow**

#36 FlyByNight Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

FlyByNight
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
I would not be concerned... not only is it a nice area, but the chances of someone deciding information on this board suddenly gives them great opportunity to jack a GTR is also very low.  That would be one weird criminal... unless of course they are going for volume and want all our cars in one shot.  :)

#37 Sakred Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Sakred
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

View PostFlyByNight, on 29 March 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

I would not be concerned... not only is it a nice area, but the chances of someone deciding information on this board suddenly gives them great opportunity to jack a GTR is also very low.  That would be one weird criminal... unless of course they are going for volume and want all our cars in one shot.  :)

Oh I'm really not concerned :biggrin: . I have been to Monterrey before. Beautiful town. Just wondering why all the secrecy.

Posted Image

#38 AndyN Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

AndyN
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 369 posts
You guys may want to look into lunch or dinner at Phil's Fish Market and Eatery in Moss Landing.  If you like fresh seafood this is the place to go.  I've had a hard time finding good food worth traveling for in Monterey.  But we hit Phil's everytime we're in the area.  I go with Mussels and sides of garlic bread and just crab meat (not on the menu).  Dip the garlic bread in the broth that the Mussels are in and seafood heaven. No way you're getting parking in the lot but everyone usually just parks on the streets leading to the restaurant.  If you don't like seafood then not the place for you.  It's not fancy.  Was on "throwdown with bobby flay" and won for the ciopino battle.  Too bad I don't like ciopino

Carbon Footprint: 2010 Gunmetal GTR
Carbon Offset: 2011 Silver Leaf SL-QC

RIP Matthew. Please visit www.teammatthew.org and learn how you could save a life.

#39 nlpamg Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

nlpamg
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

View PostAndyN, on 29 March 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

You guys may want to look into lunch or dinner at Phil's Fish Market and Eatery in Moss Landing.  If you like fresh seafood this is the place to go.  I've had a hard time finding good food worth traveling for in Monterey.  But we hit Phil's everytime we're in the area.  I go with Mussels and sides of garlic bread and just crab meat (not on the menu).  Dip the garlic bread in the broth that the Mussels are in and seafood heaven. No way you're getting parking in the lot but everyone usually just parks on the streets leading to the restaurant.  If you don't like seafood then not the place for you.  It's not fancy.  Was on "throwdown with bobby flay" and won for the ciopino battle.  Too bad I don't like ciopino

Sounds good to me!  I'll probably call it an early night on Friday, but Saturday after our thing, I'm down for whatever!

-Phil

#40 NJR35 Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

NJR35
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 388 posts
can't wait for good time !!!!!!!!!! i'm gonna check out the
Monterey Bay Aquarium

Edited by NJR35, 29 March 2012 - 04:40 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users