Nissan GT-R Forum banner

The watch thread!

121K views 919 replies 191 participants last post by  The Brigand 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Post a pic of your watch or watch collection!

The work watch!

See less See more
#17 ·
Some nice pieces out there... My Mille Miglia in the wild, taken last Sunday at the La Jolla Concours D'Elegance.

Note that the nails do say Fiat on them for the car show... but what you don't see is that I matched the Pirelli tread pattern on the nails under the Fiat script ;)

Attachments

#19 ·
Jon, Pam 438 is nice

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
This past October I was in Zurich Switzerland I saw too many nice watches to choose. I'll figure out which is my next investment. Good luck with irs btw

#23 ·
Jon I'm on the same boat, I won't get anything back. I paid a good bit every quarter last year.
I'm sure you'll be fine to get more nice watches

Ill avoid the watch store later today that's for sure, lol

#24 ·
Yea...it is a bit addictive...between my expanding gun collection and watches I'm bit lighter in the wallet. But...life is too short. Pay the bills, take care of the family, retirement, and the rest is disposable. My goal isn't to get mega rich...just have a good time with friends and family with some cool stuff while I'm on this side of the dirt.

Happy Easter to you and be safe. I'll see you in June when my wife and I head down there for some RnR...I'll pick up the rest of the parts from Jason, too. Shyt...I might even consider getting his 930 if my buddy who is interested in it backs out.

Jon

#29 ·
Pay the bills, take care of the family, retirement, and the rest is disposable. My goal isn't to get mega rich...
Well said, my philosophy as well.

#25 ·
Happy Easter to you as well, if I go up there this month I'll bring the parts. He picked up a 2011 Turbo pdk this week. We were talking when the new model turbo is available we will do a Euro delivery at the same time.

#26 ·
My father repaired mechanical watches as a sideline when I was a child so I've always been fascinated. I started acquiring them around 1997, and I started with the Seamaster (bond 2531.80, that was pre-coaxial days)

Some of my collection:

Sothis Spirit of Moon prestige, my wife's 10th Anniversary gift some years ago

JLC Reverso GMT

Roland Murphy 222

Corum Bubble Skeleton

Glashutte Original Panomatic Lunar

Some basic staples plus an elusive MIH watch is the center

Patek 3712

B&R

#28 ·
Thank you! I love them both as well but the RGM makes me a bit nervous -- because it's a 40s-50s pocket watch movement inside restored by Roland, it's possible to break the balance staff if you drop the watch. Modern technology has it's benefits, but the very slow 18000/hr movement is so gorgeous it's hard to deny it.

This isn't my photo, but a good picture of what you get to stare at with this.

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
Taking a look at this watch tomorrow...its 2008 MY...asking $13,500. It really does look sweet in the pictures. I really think though he is asking too much for it...

http://www.panerai.c..._categoria=7899
WAY too much IMO.

Limited editions without limited movements or significant structural differences don't seem worth the extra juice to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.