GT-R Development Team to Compete in 24 Hours Nurburgring

351 replies to this topic

#1 MC Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,405 posts
Major news in the GTR world.. Mizuno-San and the GTR Development team have announced they will be entering the GTR into the 24 hours of Nurburgring, The purpose of this is to test the durability of the car as well as use the experience to apply to the never ending evolution of the R35 platform. below is a video and transcript of the GTR team members discussing this latest endeavor interesting points are that the GTR is expected to remain in its current form ( R35 chassis) for another 5 years and that new aerodynamics seen on the Nurburgring car will be applied to future models. Also in the Video you will hear Mizuno-San speaking about this car is a prelude to what we will see from the GTR 5 years from now during that video you can see a goal of a 7 minute Ring time on the board.... the current GTR does not seem to be approaching its end of life cycle like some have predicted.....exciting and promising times are still in store for the R35

[Kazutaka Mizuno]
Thanks to your support since its debut four years ago, the Nissan R35 GT-R has evolved to this level.
To commemorate its fourth year, and looking to the future, we want to try something new this year. Let me explain.

It's been four years since GT-R's debut. From the 2007 model's lap time of 7 minutes 38 seconds, this car achieves one lap of the Nordschleife in around 7 minutes 20 seconds.
The GT-R will continue to evolve over the next five years or so in its current form, and continue to improve its performance.
Just as important as performance improvement is, we must be confident about the reliability and durability of the car.
This is the reason we chose to enter the 24 Hours Nürburgring: to perform harsher endurance tests for future performance improvements.

In less time, more force is applied to the vehicle.
To create such driving conditions we are participating in this 24-hour race.
First of all, by completing the race, we will assure the car's durability and reliability.

Secondly, the opportunity also allows us to grow as a team.
I always say, the evolution of a vehicle also necessitates the evolution of the people that continue its development.
If the people do not evolve, the car will not evolve.
This is why the team will challenge itself to develop the ultimate car using the experience from the 24-hour race.
As a result, each team member will create a theme and a course for the training required for further development. This is why we are taking on this challenge.

All the fans are looking forward to watching GT-R, tested and evolved here in the Nürburgring, racing against strong competitors. We want to share the excitement with them.
To accomplish this, we have been planning to have the GT-R compete in a 24-hour race since 2007.
Not through Nismo, the motorsports and racing division of Nissan, but the actual GT-R development team.
In competing, I hope we will respond to the expectations of the car, the team's own expectations, and the expectations of the fans.

Let me tell you a bit about the details of this GT-R's specifications.

Because we must consider the reliability and durability aspects to be reflected in the car over the next five years, the engine, transmission and suspension are all standard specifications.
They have to be the standard specification.
GT-R already has a package dedicated to circuit driving, the Club Track edition.
The changes were made only to the mechanism, in anticipation of future performance improvements, and minimal modifications were made to meet the regulations of the 24-hour race.
The details of the modifications were to increase the front downforce and slightly improve the aerodynamics of the front end. The engine is standard specification. The suspension is also standard, but the width of the wheels has been increased from 9.5J to 10J, and the rigidity of the suspension was increased.
The interior is basically the same as the Club Track edition.
Roll bars and the gas tank were modified to meet the regulations of the 24-hour race. The capacity of the gas tank, in particular, has been increased to 120 liters.
For the rear, from an aerodynamics standpoint, the production model rear wing was replaced.
These aerodynamic parts will no doubt be reflected in GT-Rs of the future.
New high capacity brakes were chosen that are made with forged caliper metals.
The basic specifications are the same as the Club Track edition.

People ask me, "what is the ultimate performance goal of the GT-R?"
There is no such thing.
Because no matter what kind of GT-R I create this year, the customer who purchases it will say a year later: I want more power, more cornering capability, better brakes, a car that's more fun to drive.
So if someone asks what our goal is, I will answer that it is not the performance of the car itself, but it is about our customers' feelings and expectations for the GT-R.
That is our development goal.
As long as we are in the race, we will do our absolute best.
Our hope is that this race is a prelude to the GT-R that people will see five years from now

2015 GT-R NISMO #1 built for the USA
MCGTRNISMO Youtube
@MCGTRNISMO

#2 MC Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,405 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MCGTRNISMO Youtube
@MCGTRNISMO

#3 rgo808 Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

rgo808
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
Awesome!!  Some great looking Nordring parts too.

#4 MC Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,405 posts

View Postrgo808, on 04 April 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

Awesome!!  Some great looking Nordring parts too.

yeah this is  major.... the R& D will really pay off over the next  few years... look at that   front lip  and the trunk spoiler extender!

Mizuno-These aerodynamic parts will no doubt be reflected in GT-Rs of the future.

MCGTRNISMO Youtube
@MCGTRNISMO

#5 w00tw00t Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

w00tw00t
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 470 posts
so what happens when the transmission overheats by the second lap and then blows a seal by the fifth? ... (sorry I'm in a pessimistic mood today)

#6 the King Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

the King
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,023 posts
See? This is the philosophy that GT-R was made with, continuous improvement. This car was built with evolution in mind

Tommi Makinen Edition aka Evolution 6.5: full GSR trim, Coilovers.

#7 the King Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

the King
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,023 posts

View Postw00tw00t, on 04 April 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

so what happens when the transmission overheats by the second lap and then blows a seal by the fifth? ... (sorry I'm in a pessimistic mood today)
Then they will know what needs work, it is a good place for further R&D, this is good yes?

Tommi Makinen Edition aka Evolution 6.5: full GSR trim, Coilovers.

#8 w00tw00t Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

w00tw00t
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

View Postthe King, on 04 April 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

Then they will know what needs work, it is a good place for further R&D, this is good yes?
lol - you mean they still don't know?

#9 MC Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,405 posts
5 more years in its current form? anyone have reactions to that?

MCGTRNISMO Youtube
@MCGTRNISMO

#10 SpecG Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

SpecG
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
next 5 years or so in its current form sounds good to me!

its a club track edition so they should have some sort of trans cooler in there

2009 R35 GTR SpecG
Dynojet >> SpecG STREET VERSION II E10@1.7bar 8xx whp 7xx wtq [DA ]
Curb Weight >> 1662kg / 3664lbs

SpecG Version II Specification - because roadcar
Power >> Motec M1 / JUN Surge Tank / JUN Throttle Body / JUN EX Head / HKS GTX800 / HKS GT1000 IC / Mahle Pistons / Cosworth Rods / Akrapovic Evo / Koyorad
Drivetrain >> PPG Gearset / PPG Billet Shaft / Shep Selectors / Dodson Sportsman II / Dodson Sensors / Dodson Forks / HKS DCT Cooler / Transmission Pan and Braces
Aero >> MiNE'S Bonnet Type II / MiNE'S Trunk Type II / MiNE'S Wing / MiNE'S Diffuser Fins / Pro Stock Racing Canard / Craft Square Mirrors
Brakes >> Alcon CCX / Dry Carbon Guides
Suspension >> Top Secret Suspension / Cusco Sway Bar / KW Lift System / OEM 2013 Front Updates
Misc >> Tecnocraft Seats / Cusco D1 Half Cage / Takata 4-Point / Braille Lithium Battery / Rays G12 SE / Dunlop SP MAXX GT600

Youtube >> Bangkok Expressway Tour I / Akrapovic Exhaust Sound / Thailand Option Rev Up Drag 2012 - Onboard Nissan R35 GT-R

#11 SpecG Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

SpecG
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

View PostMC, on 04 April 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

yeah this is  major.... the R& D will really pay off over the next  few years... look at that   front lip  and the trunk spoiler extender!

love the new headlamp too

Edited by SpecG, 04 April 2012 - 10:34 PM.

2009 R35 GTR SpecG
Dynojet >> SpecG STREET VERSION II E10@1.7bar 8xx whp 7xx wtq [DA ]
Curb Weight >> 1662kg / 3664lbs

SpecG Version II Specification - because roadcar
Power >> Motec M1 / JUN Surge Tank / JUN Throttle Body / JUN EX Head / HKS GTX800 / HKS GT1000 IC / Mahle Pistons / Cosworth Rods / Akrapovic Evo / Koyorad
Drivetrain >> PPG Gearset / PPG Billet Shaft / Shep Selectors / Dodson Sportsman II / Dodson Sensors / Dodson Forks / HKS DCT Cooler / Transmission Pan and Braces
Aero >> MiNE'S Bonnet Type II / MiNE'S Trunk Type II / MiNE'S Wing / MiNE'S Diffuser Fins / Pro Stock Racing Canard / Craft Square Mirrors
Brakes >> Alcon CCX / Dry Carbon Guides
Suspension >> Top Secret Suspension / Cusco Sway Bar / KW Lift System / OEM 2013 Front Updates
Misc >> Tecnocraft Seats / Cusco D1 Half Cage / Takata 4-Point / Braille Lithium Battery / Rays G12 SE / Dunlop SP MAXX GT600

Youtube >> Bangkok Expressway Tour I / Akrapovic Exhaust Sound / Thailand Option Rev Up Drag 2012 - Onboard Nissan R35 GT-R

#12 CR-8-10_GTR Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

CR-8-10_GTR
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts
No R36 anytime soon?

Edited by CR-8-10_GTR, 04 April 2012 - 10:34 PM.

2010 Nissan GT-R, Gun Metal "Gigi", Premium - current, Mods: SBD 90mm Non Resonated Midpipe, Clear Front Side Markers, Full Car Clear Bra, Tinted Windows, Stillen Front Skid Plate, HKS Drop In Air Filters, Cobb AP w/TCM, 2012 Turbo Inlets
2005 Honda Accord Silver "Daily Driver", DX - current
1994 Mazda RX-7 White "Imogen", PEP - sold in 2009
1995 Honda Integra Red - sold 2008
1990 Nissan R32 Skyline Silver GTS - sold 2008
1990 Nissan R32 Skyline Charcoal GTS - sold 2008
1990 Dodge Neon, White "Daily Driver" - sold 2006

#13 MC Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,405 posts

View PostCR-8-10_GTR, on 04 April 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

No R36 anytime soon?

no the  R36 seems to be a good ways off...more than we initially thought

MCGTRNISMO Youtube
@MCGTRNISMO

#14 Adam@AAMCompetition Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Adam@AAMCompetition
  • Vendors
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

View PostMC, on 04 April 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

5 more years in its current form? anyone have reactions to that?

I still won't be able to afford one in 5 years (hopefully not true) but still get to be around them on a daily basis :)

-Adam

Adam Correia
Sales and Marketing

http://www.aamcompetition.com
AdamC@AAMCompetition.com

Posted Image

Leave some feedback HERE

#15 MC Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,405 posts

View PostSpecG, on 04 April 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

love the new headlamp too

it might be something  just rigged up for  night time driving at the ring

check out  5:47 in the  video

Posted Image

MCGTRNISMO Youtube
@MCGTRNISMO

#16 MC Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,405 posts
another angle of the wing

Posted Image

MCGTRNISMO Youtube
@MCGTRNISMO

#17 MC Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

MC
  • Administrator
  • NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,405 posts
check out the     ultimate  Ring lap time  goal!

Posted Image

MCGTRNISMO Youtube
@MCGTRNISMO

#18 domino_z Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

domino_z
  • Members
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

View PostMC, on 04 April 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

it might be something  just rigged up for  night time driving at the ring

check out  5:47 in the  video

Posted Image

Yeh track rig up for more output - projectors have no shroud

2011 R35 (Aus spec) - 750awhp/600ftlb, FBO E85, WR600 ball bearing turbos, ported/polished oem manifold, Dodson Super Stock clutches + Jacks welded baskets, built and tuned by Willall Racing

#19 Rif Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

Rif
  • Supporter
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
!!!

2nd Production Built 2012 GT-R Jet Black Black Edition #0660

#20 aristo25 Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

aristo25
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts
5 more years? Well maybe this chassis will evolve and the engine will get upgraded pistons, rods and turbos. If so I'm ready for to upgrade!

2012 Mclaren MP4-12c Nova, ceramic brakes and carbon everywhere
2010 GT-R Pearl White (well traveled car: Belgium, Colorado Springs, Luxembourg, Florida, UK, Austria, Holland, Austria, Germany, France, Slovenia, Italia, Switzerland, Monaco)
2013 Lexus LX570 Premium, F-Sport 22" Forged, fender flares, R-Spec Lowering ECU,
2011 Lexus GX460 Premium on COR 22" Cypher & JAOS kit (SOLD)
2004 Lexus GX470 (SOLD, best quality vehicle I've ever had)
2009 GT-R RED (SOLD)
2009 C63 AMG blk (SOLD)

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users