• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 monEmakindave Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

monEmakindave
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
I was approached by John who was looking to tune 2011 GTR with the EcuTek flash.

He actually took the time to speak to me about all the pro s and cons with the flash.  Since he is readily available in my area and takes the time to meet up to street tune customers I was comfortable not having an actual hand held programmer like the cobb.   I wanted a hp tune and a race gas tune and didn't want to  have multiple tunes to deal with.  It's either in cruise or kill mode.  

He was confident in the flash and has tuned local GTR s with either option and said if I wasn't happy with the EcuTek he could switch me to cobb anytime I wanted.  I am 100% happy and excited and can't wait to run at there Track rental down at Atco March 5.

Looks like I'll have a Cobb niss006 to sell for injectors and pump upgrades.

Jimmy over at the TheShopCt was very hospitable and allowed me to do some quick work to the GTR before we did the tuning session.   Great guy willing to work within customers budgets but he was dangling bait in front of a HP hungry guy like me but I held back on the great offer on turbos.

Don t hesitate to consider these guys on any upgrades as they know what they are doing and not taxing the GTR owners!

Edited by monEmakindave, 09 June 2012 - 08:53 AM.

www.thespeedlounge.com

2011 PW GT-R. EcuTek Tuned by Visconti. Switzer 90mm exhaust 3" intakes, And KW's

#2 grnvette65 Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

grnvette65
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 376 posts
i have to agree w the positive things mentioned about the shopct. both john and jimmy took their time to make me comfortable about getting my car tuned because i wanted alittle upgrade, but the most important thing to me was not damaging the car. it was a hard choice between the tried and true cobb or the newcomer to the us ecutek. i realize both products have their strong points and these guys were able to help me make the right choice for my needs. many thanks, will definitely be seeing you guys for other tunes in the future.

#3 Ernes Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Ernes
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 164 posts
All I can say about "the shop" in Con.they are ...f.great love the guys up there.John and JImy are great and help u with anyhthing they can.They pick up my calls at any time no matter if it's 1am or 1pm and that shows to me a lot respect and everything alse.I didnt spand a lot of $$$ there buy there treat u like u brought $1m,and after the great experience with them I recommend those guys to any one here at East coast.thx guys and keep up the good work guys and see u soon for my brothers car.

2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Dodge Viper (sold)
2003 C5 Z06 (sold)

Posted Image

#4 jerome88 Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

jerome88
  • Members
  • R36 Member

• PipPip
  • 423 posts
Great experience getting my brakes changed. I highly recommend The Shop.

I'm going to say that those who complain about the GT-R's supposed soullessness simply aren't pushing it hard enough.

2010 Nissan R35 GT-R (COBB Access Port with Kaizen Custom Tune, Harman Motive Midpipe, HKS Legamax Premium Catback, COBB Cold Air Intake, DEKA Carbon Hood, Aeromotions R2 Static Wing, Nissan LED Driving Lights, Kenwood Reverse Camera, Wrap Solutions Custom Color Wrap)

1959 Mercedes-Benz 190SL
1968 Ferrari 365 GT 2+2
2007 Jeep GC SRT8 SOLD

Posted Image

#5 h2olaw Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

h2olaw
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 35 posts
+1 on all of this, i got the impression John was willing to spend whatever time needed to explain things to me.  Good prices, good advice, this is really a  cut above, thank you John.

#6 Visconti Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Visconti
  • Vendors
  • EcuTek Tuner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts
Thanks for the kind reviews !

#7 monEmakindave Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

monEmakindave
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
I had John out past midnight updating my tune....

What tuner would be kind enough to come out that late!   This guy is dedicated!

THANK YOU!

www.thespeedlounge.com

2011 PW GT-R. EcuTek Tuned by Visconti. Switzer 90mm exhaust 3" intakes, And KW's

#8 bartown Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

bartown
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
Finally got the ecutek tune by Visconti :shiftdrive:  everything went nice thanks bro! Get ur ecutek tune guys.........

Fuel pumps
1000cc injectors
Titek dps
Rexpeed mid pipe
Gtc inlets
Ecutek
E85

#9 juniorAWD Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

juniorAWD
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

View PostmonEmakindave, on 10 June 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

I had John out past midnight updating my tune....

What tuner would be kind enough to come out that late!   This guy is dedicated!

THANK YOU!

hahaha..

Me: Hey John, come tune my shit
John: Ok, when are you home
Me: Im away just go pick it up (1.5hrs away)
John: Ok No problem

Best service ever!!!

Love my Vtune and cant wait for the tune on my BE

Careful who you deal with http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/88485-my-experience-with-diesel350-not-a-great-one/
10' Blk/Blk Premium GONE
12' Blue BE 10.18@138.64 on the 20s 1.71 60ft / 6.02 60-130 vbox on the street, Bolt on + e85 JRTUNED
NOW 1244WHP//940TQ 6266 COBB/BL/ETS POWERED JRTUNED 3.31 60-130 full weight, 9.0@170.54 Fastest 3.8ltr GTR
Posted Image

#10 nissangtr10 Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

nissangtr10
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
i havent meant john yet but have talk n text him n he is always thier to answer question even if its late at nite..ill b gettin ecutek n he is goin to b tunnin it n goin to the track with me.he say hes goin make me 100% happy b4 he he leave..cant wait..

Posted Image
8.93 156mph street car n daily driven n owner driven

#11 PaeDay Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

PaeDay
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
john ur the man bro !!  very fast responses and helped tremendously.  upgraded my cobb from 005 to 006.  had the upgrade within 9hrs.  cant wait to get home and upgrade my r35.

#12 SubaruRyan Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:50 AM

SubaruRyan
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 176 posts
hahah jr sounds like my story too
hey john i put my injectors in..alrite how late you gonna be at the shop for lol hour n half later he shows up n tunes my shit! its almost 2am at this point
talk about customer service, very happy with my tune

thanks buddy

10.3 at 133mph Stock turbos, Stock Intakes, Street Tires,Gutted stock DP/Midpipe...Tuned by Visconti

#13 h2olaw Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

h2olaw
  • Members
  • NAGTROC Newbie

• Pip
  • 35 posts
I'd like to thank John again for taking an inordinate amount of time helping me zap in the tune today.  This was a cut above.  Both in the quality of the tune, and the patience he had with me despite my technical retardation.  I'd not dreaming of purchasing from anyone else with this level of care. A++

#14 Djreversal Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Djreversal
  • Members
  • SpecV Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,137 posts
John drove down from CT to me to tune my car, we ran into an issue (mechanical), he drove back home, next day shot right back out,  spent all the time with me going over the car and how things were going and boom, managed to bang out 836whp after a short time on the dyno at low boost.... can't thank him enough.. Glad he was apart of this project.   Would recommend him to others.

Mark

2009 GT-R Gunmetal Premium

Boost Logic 4.1L Stroker Block
Headgames Fully Built / Ported heads with Kelford B-Series Cams
Boost Logic Turbo Kit (Twin Precisions 5858 CEA .82 A/R Billet DBB Turbos, Wastegates vented to atmosphere)
AAM Tripple Intank E-85 Fuel System
Cobb ECU (Tuned by Sean Ivey @ IveyTune)
Stillen Sway Bars
KW Varient 3 Coil Overs
Boost Logic FMIC With Wrinkle Black - Hard Piping & Tial BOV's
Wingless
Volk TE37-SL 315R NT05R AND 305F NT555R
Shep Stage 2.5 Transmission
T1 Transmission Brace
1104 whp / 950 trq - E85 (Tuned By Sean Ivey @ IveyTune)

Coming Soon ---

8 second 1/4 mile :)

Posted Image

http://youtu.be/PTcrO67hSdM

#15 audioenvy Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

audioenvy
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,248 posts

View PostDjreversal, on 20 June 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

John drove down from CT to me to tune my car, we ran into an issue (mechanical), he drove back home, next day shot right back out,  spent all the time with me going over the car and how things were going and boom, managed to bang out 836whp after a short time on the dyno at low boost.... can't thank him enough.. Glad he was apart of this project.   Would recommend him to others.

I haven't met John but have the feeling I will really like him when I do (beach party). His enthusiasm for the GT-R is contagious. However, do you really want to use the word boom when describing your tuning? LOL Maybe voila instead?!

Flex fuel 8-second street car tuned by Bill @ SprayItRacing

#16 juniorAWD Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

juniorAWD
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

View Postaudioenvy, on 20 June 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

I haven't met John but have the feeling I will really like him when I do (beach party). His enthusiasm for the GT-R is contagious. However, do you really want to use the word boom when describing your tuning? LOL Maybe voila instead?!

haha.. I was going to say.. Boom and tune don't belong in the same sentence.

100% right though, just when I hate my car.. John makes me love it again

Careful who you deal with http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/88485-my-experience-with-diesel350-not-a-great-one/
10' Blk/Blk Premium GONE
12' Blue BE 10.18@138.64 on the 20s 1.71 60ft / 6.02 60-130 vbox on the street, Bolt on + e85 JRTUNED
NOW 1244WHP//940TQ 6266 COBB/BL/ETS POWERED JRTUNED 3.31 60-130 full weight, 9.0@170.54 Fastest 3.8ltr GTR
Posted Image

#17 GTRRN Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

GTRRN
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 273 posts
thank you John for the COBB system update. your the best. most of all, thank you for answering the phone late at night and on sundays. you went more than the extra mile to help me step by step with my car. thanks a million

-martin

#18 B27IL Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

B27IL
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi
Do you have the ecutek cable ready ?

#19 Visconti Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Visconti
  • Vendors
  • EcuTek Tuner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

View PostB27IL, on 27 June 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

Hi
Do you have the ecutek cable ready ?

Ill have more on Friday or Monday... Shipping from the UK is unpredictable some times.

John

#20 Mon5tar Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Mon5tar
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 465 posts
Hello,

The R35 got the magic touch from John on Fri night Stock upgrade nothing crazy or so i thought..
The car feels much smoother Transmission and Engine.. Ran a 997 before and after to see the difference on the street.
Stock vs the 997 i had him by a half car after the tune the 997 was behind by about 2-3 cars (rolls).. What a work of art VERY happy with John and the EcuTek.

The car is BONE stock..
and to add I may have the highest mileage GTR on the Board.

Thanks John.

A11 !N Fun & G@M3$.....
#EnjoyLife You only have 1
09' GTR Black Daily Driven
(Mods Classified For Now)
06' E60 M5 Silver Stone Sold
06' E46 M3 Silver Gray Sold
95' 240sx Black Sold
96' 240sx Gold Sold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users