• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Raydius Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Raydius
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 284 posts
Dropped them off last week at AK1 Motorsports to have them match the OEM side skirt color and they came back perfectly.  Took me about an hour overall to remove the old pieces and install the new ones.  Real happy with the results!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2012 Nissan GT-R Premium - Deep Blue Pearl - AAM res midpipes - Cobb AP - Stillen side skirts - Stillen front skid plate - WR35TM - iForged Insite - KW Sleeves

Previous:
2009 Audi S5 - VS-XX and lots of suspension mods, best exhaust sound ever
2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - full Wald, lots of McIntosh audio
1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 1.5JZ+GT35R project that never finished
1991 Toyota Supra Turbo - 1JZ swap, full Bomex

#2 Tal@ACGAutomotive Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Tal@ACGAutomotive
  • Vendors
  • ACG Automotive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts
Looks awesome! I wish mine would have fit like that.

Posted Image

San Diego's GT-R Aftermarket and Service Center

7884 Ronson Road | San Diego, CA 92111 | 877-422-4736 x 2 | www.acgautomotive.com | tal@acgautomotive.com

AMS ALPHA Preferred Authorized Installation Facility in Southern California

- AMS | Akrapovic | iPE | HKS | COBB | | Meisterschaft | Amuse | Aeromotions | WALD International | Zele | Password:JDM | Technocraft | C-West -
- ADV1 | HRE | BBS | Forgestar | Klassen | DPE | KW | JRZ | Volk | Advan | AP Racing | Alcon | Brembo | Endless | AutoTecknic -

#3 Raydius Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Raydius
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

View Posttgoss, on 07 April 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

Looks awesome! I wish mine would have fit like that.

The trick is to position the part that is near the rearmost portion of the door first as it seemed to be the least forgiving.  I thought I was going to have to dremel it down to sit flush but luckily I tried repositioning it first.

2012 Nissan GT-R Premium - Deep Blue Pearl - AAM res midpipes - Cobb AP - Stillen side skirts - Stillen front skid plate - WR35TM - iForged Insite - KW Sleeves

Previous:

#4 Shipwreck Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Shipwreck
  • Members
  • driving big boats

• PipPip
  • 445 posts
Nice! The color match looks perfect to me. I want to do the same thing when I get Stillen skirts.

'09 Super Silver GT-R || Switzer P800

#5 GODZILLA_GTR Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

GODZILLA_GTR
  • Supporter
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
Car looks awesome Ray.

2009 Ivory Pearl GTR:
Performance - Swift Springs, Harman Motive DPs, COBB catted midpipe, Titek Ti Street exhaust, HKS spark plugs, COBB SF intakes, COBB AP006, Tuned by SPE (521 AWHP/519 ft-lb Torque).

Wheels/Stoppers - BBS LM DBK (Kics spacers: 15mm & 25mm, BBS RED lug nuts), Stoptech SS brake lines, Stoptech brake pads,
painted calipers (fire truck red)

Exterior/Interior - Kansai Service CF front lip w/brake ducts, Rexpeed CF side skirts, Rexpeed CF trunk spoiler, Wald CF wing cover, Seibon CF hood, Seibon CF rear valence, Difflow rear diffuser (4 element), Rexpeed CF naca ducts, Rexpeed CF bottom mirror covers, Titek CF antenna cover, Front GT-RR LED clear side markers, Rear MCR LED red side markers, Nissan Daytime LED running lights, V-LEDS inside & out, Adrey's video aux & bypass kit.

Items for Sale:

- BBS LM Wheels with: Potenza Tires + Kics Spacers + BBS Red Lug Nuts + TPMS - $5,200.00
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/104118-fs-bbs-lm-diamond-black-wpotenza-tires-kics-spacers-bbs-red-lug-nuts-tpms-5200/#entry1459210

#6 mr chaz tsai Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

mr chaz tsai
  • Members
  • I'm everywhere.

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
Looking good! Any plans on a front lip?

Mr Chaz Tsai

2012 GTR SPE650-E85 - 595HP 588TQ // Tuned by SP Engineering, and now SOLD to SP Engineering :)

Posted Image

Current cars: 2009 MB C63 AMG (in Taipei now), 2013 MB E550 Coupe, 2012 Lexus ES350, 2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed

#7 Raydius Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

Raydius
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

View Postmr chaz tsai, on 09 April 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Looking good! Any plans on a front lip?

I would like to, I'm a big fan of the HKS Kansai Service lip and others of similar style, but I'm also afraid of destroying it.  I've lowered pretty much every car I've owned, and this one already scrapes more than any of the others, even though it's still at stock height!  I'm most likely going to lower maybe half an inch on KW sleeves this year, so we'll see what happens.

Previous:

#8 GTRdean Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

GTRdean
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 413 posts
Looks Great!  Any thought of doing the matching stillen chin spoiler?  I have the ski plate as well...hard to want to rip of $250.

------------------------------------------------
2015 GTR GG/Red Interior
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE (hers)
1994 E500 Mercedes
2010 Toyata 4runner
2012 GG GTR (Sold)

#9 Tal@ACGAutomotive Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Tal@ACGAutomotive
  • Vendors
  • ACG Automotive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

View PostRaydius, on 07 April 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

The trick is to position the part that is near the rearmost portion of the door first as it seemed to be the least forgiving.  I thought I was going to have to dremel it down to sit flush but luckily I tried repositioning it first.

Good tips, thank you!  I'm going to have a body shop tackle this hopefully this Thursday...  I'll let them know what you experienced.

Car looks gorgeous!

Posted Image

7884 Ronson Road | San Diego, CA 92111 | 877-422-4736 x 2 | www.acgautomotive.com | tal@acgautomotive.com

- AMS | Akrapovic | iPE | HKS | COBB | | Meisterschaft | Amuse | Aeromotions | WALD International | Zele | Password:JDM | Technocraft | C-West -
- ADV1 | HRE | BBS | Forgestar | Klassen | DPE | KW | JRZ | Volk | Advan | AP Racing | Alcon | Brembo | Endless | AutoTecknic -

#10 Raydius Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Raydius
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

View PostGTRdean, on 09 April 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Looks Great!  Any thought of doing the matching stillen chin spoiler?  I have the ski plate as well...hard to want to rip of $250.

I do like it.  We'll see after I lower my car how much I scrape that skid plate around haha.

Previous:

#11 Raydius Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:34 AM

Raydius
  • Members
  • R32 Member

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

View Posttgoss, on 10 April 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

Good tips, thank you!  I'm going to have a body shop tackle this hopefully this Thursday...  I'll let them know what you experienced.

Car looks gorgeous!

Couple of months later I ended up taking mine to a body shop also to get mounted properly.  The 3M tape eventually sags a bit and exposes more gap, so I decided I was willing to pay to have it be perfect.

Previous:

#12 Tal@ACGAutomotive Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

Tal@ACGAutomotive
  • Vendors
  • ACG Automotive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

View PostRaydius, on 30 May 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

Couple of months later I ended up taking mine to a body shop also to get mounted properly.  The 3M tape eventually sags a bit and exposes more gap, so I decided I was willing to pay to have it be perfect.

Yeah, unfortunately even after paying them to do it properly the tape was sagging so they used an adhesive to get them to stay.  I have no idea what that means down the road if I ever decide to change them out, but I love how they look so it might just have to stay.

BTW your new wheels look amazing on the car :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#13 roketman Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:20 AM

roketman
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
I love the look of them .A real nice compliment to the body work.
I had them on my2010.If you look on the underside of the Stillen rocker there is  several places you can screw them right in to the under side of the existing  rocker .It makes the fit perfect!
I think I may after reorder them after seeing how good they look on yours!
I can't remember,Did they need paint?

Edited by roketman, 30 May 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#14 Tal@ACGAutomotive Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

Tal@ACGAutomotive
  • Vendors
  • ACG Automotive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts
They do need to be painted if you want to match the front and rear OEM lowers.

Posted Image

#15 Socalaviator Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

Socalaviator
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

View PostRaydius, on 10 April 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

I do like it.  We'll see after I lower my car how much I scrape that skid plate around haha.

The Stillen front lip is probably the only lip out there to qualify as a skid plate as well.  It is amazingly strong and bendable!  I bought the Stillen front lip because it looks great, designed to take abuse, and because my wife drives the car as well!  Its a win win

2011 GTR

AAM DPs, HKS resonated Mid-Pipe, Stillen Cat-Back Exhaust, 3" Intakes, 2012 Inlet Pipes, ID1000cc injectors, SIR 265 Fuel Pumps, 91oct and E85 Pro Tune by Tim Bailey @ Cobb SoCal. 606whp / 616 wtorque @19Psi peak. E85

Other Rides:
2006 Nissan 350Z- Hi Power Dual Exhaust
2003 Honda CBR 954- Custom Stainless Yosimura exhaust/headers, exhaust valve delete, KnN Air Filter, Velocity Stacks, Catalyst Reaction Front Forks and Rear shock, steering damper, Power Commander, 91 oct dyno tune- 143 whp

#16 mprsev Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

mprsev
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
I have been running the Stillen skirts color matched white for several months now and the paint in the lower corners on both passenger and driver started cracking and flaking off. Anyone else experienced this?

I too noticed slight sag most likely due to the 3m losing adhesion and the top edge does not sit flush to the OEM door sill. Perhaps I should have the shop try to remount positioning the door edge corner first?

2012 Burnt Orange/Black Premium GTR
Performance:
TopSpeed DBA E-tune | Gotboost 3" Intake | TSMPro 1050cc Injectors | AMS cat-less DP | AAM catted mid-pipe | AAM V2 90mm Cat-back |
GFB BOVs | Swift Sport Springs

Cosmetic:
Carbon Fiber: GT Hood | GT-RR DBA Splitter and Matte Front Grill | Rexpeed Side Skirts | Knight-Racer Rear Lip | GTC wing | Fender Blade | Fender Vent
Gloss Black Roof | Gloss black exhaust guards | 35% Tint
C-West Durement Steering Wheel | DCTMS CF Steering Wheel Panel | AutoTecknic Carbon Paddle Shifters
Volk TE37 Ultra Bronze | Michelin PSS 285/35-20 335/35-20 | (PENDING JUNE 2014?)

Tech:
Laser Interceptor Quad | Valentine 1 w/ Blendmount | CarKit AV Bypass & Camera Kit
Audison Bit 10 D | Mr. Ess dual 8" Subwoofer Enclosure | (2) Sundown SD2
Hardwired OEM LED Lights w/headlights

#17 mr chaz tsai Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

mr chaz tsai
  • Members
  • I'm everywhere.

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

View Postmprsev, on 30 May 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

I have been running the Stillen skirts color matched white for several months now and the paint in the lower corners on both passenger and driver started cracking and flaking off. Anyone else experienced this?

I too noticed slight sag most likely due to the 3m losing adhesion and the top edge does not sit flush to the OEM door sill. Perhaps I should have the shop try to remount positioning the door edge corner first?

The painter probably didn't add enough flex additive when he mixed the paint. Need a ton of it to prevent cracking and chipping paint, especially when applied to urethane like these lips/skirts.

Mr Chaz Tsai

2012 GTR SPE650-E85 - 595HP 588TQ // Tuned by SP Engineering, and now SOLD to SP Engineering :)

Posted Image

Current cars: 2009 MB C63 AMG (in Taipei now), 2013 MB E550 Coupe, 2012 Lexus ES350, 2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed

#18 Vapiano Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Vapiano
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

View PostShipwreck, on 07 April 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

Nice! The color match looks perfect to me. I want to do the same thing when I get Stillen skirts.

Can you share the paint code? I will be needing it in the future. Thanks.

2009 GT-R Premium Titanium SOLD

Posted Image
Dominus

#19 mr chaz tsai Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

mr chaz tsai
  • Members
  • I'm everywhere.

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

View PostVapiano, on 30 May 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Can you share the paint code? I will be needing it in the future. Thanks.

Paint code for OEM trim is Nissan KAE

Mr Chaz Tsai

Posted Image

#20 Vapiano Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

Vapiano
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

View Postmr chaz tsai, on 30 May 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Paint code for OEM trim is Nissan KAE

Thank you.

2009 GT-R Premium Titanium SOLD

Posted Image
Dominus