64 replies to this topic

#1 Visconti Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Visconti
  • Vendors
  • EcuTek Tuner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts
Posted Image

I'm pleased to announce that I am now offering Staged Flashes w/ Cable using EcuTek Technology.

EcuTek currently has full support for 2008-2013 GTRs and full support for their TCMs - LC1, LC2, LC3, LC4, LC5

RaceROM provides custom features designed specifically to work with the Nissan GTR to enhance the function of the standard ECU, providing greater tuning potential, flexibility, and safety features not seen in other tuning packages.
  • Valet Mode - Gives the owner Peace & Mind when letting someone else drive their car.
  • Per-Cylinder Fueling - Provides maps for adjusting fuel per cylinder fueling (Perfect for adjusting those known lean cylinders!)
  • RaceRom Launch Control - Provides a on-the-fly steering wheel adjustable Launch Control. (This is perfect for making compensations for low/high traction situations). Also has fuel, timing, and VVT adjustments when the car is in Launch Control Mode.
  • Speed Density based calibration - Provides the option to run the vehicle fuelling based on MAP, engine speed and air temp, allowing the removal of the MAF or larger intakes.
  • Map Switching  for Fuel, Timing, VVT and Rev Limit - Provides alternate maps for fuel, timing, VVT and rev limits which can be switched while the vehicle is in operation. Car can be in FULL SD or a Hybrid mode that uses MAFs under certain conditions.
  • Enhanced Targeted Boost Control - Uses OEM targeted boost control logic. This allows the boost to be predictable and stable no matter what elevation or temperature your at.
  • Upshift boost spike prevention - Provides a safety mechanism to prevent the boost from spiking during gear shifts. Essential if running increased levels of boost or upgraded wastegate actuators.
  • Per-gear boost control - Provides maps for tuning the boost level for each gear.
  • Per-gear rev limits - Provides maps for setting rev limits in each gear.
  • RaceROM Boost Controller - Provides the ability to adjust boost using the on-board entertainment system and cruise control buttons.
  • RaceROM Boost Gauge - Provides the ability to allow the factory boost gauge to wrap around and read boost pressures higher than 20PSI!
  • MAF Left-Right Swap for custom intercoolers - Provides the ability to switch the MAF sensor when using aftermarket intercoolers.
  • Large fuel injector support - Provides the ability to use greater than 750cc injectors, which are not supported by the OEM Logic
  • Visual knock warning - Provides knock warning by flashing the "check engine" light when knock is detected.
  • Alternative IAT Scale - Give you the ability to run an after market Intake Air Temp Sensor (Used for Speed Density)
When you bring your car into the dealer for service have no fear, EcuTek is Consult III friendly!

This EcuTek cable will give you the owner the ability to read/clear CELs from all body modules, data log, switch between protuned maps and flash the car back to stock. You'll also have the ability to perform throttle body learning, transmission Clutch Gear Learning, Clutch Capacity and Touch Point adjustments.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please let me know if you have any questions

Thanks

John

Edited by Visconti, 14 July 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#2 audioenvy Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

audioenvy
  • NAGTROC Certified Member
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts
Ok, I see in your signature that you do both Cobb and EcuTek stuff, so hopefully this is a fair question. I already have a Cobb AccessPORT NIS-005 and I'm working with a tuner for ECU flashes. It's going really well. At the same time, I've been considering sending my AccessPORT in to get the NIS-006 upgrades so I can have the TCM stuff. Would I instead be able to use the EcuTek TCM flash in concert with the Cobb AccessPORT for ECU flashes (and thereby get the TCM improvements via EcuTek and ECU improvements via Cobb)? I have a USDM 2010 model GT-R.

Also, for the TCM Only flash ($800) what RaceROM features would I have access to?

Flex fuel 8-second street car tuned by Bill @ SprayItRacing

#3 Visconti Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

Visconti
  • Vendors
  • EcuTek Tuner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

View Postaudioenvy, on 07 May 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

Ok, I see in your signature that you do both Cobb and EcuTek stuff, so hopefully this is a fair question. I already have a Cobb AccessPORT NIS-005 and I'm working with a tuner for ECU flashes. It's going really well. At the same time, I've been considering sending my AccessPORT in to get the NIS-006 upgrades so I can have the TCM stuff. Would I instead be able to use the EcuTek TCM flash in concert with the Cobb AccessPORT for ECU flashes (and thereby get the TCM improvements via EcuTek and ECU improvements via Cobb)? I have a USDM 2010 model GT-R.

Also, for the TCM Only flash ($800) what RaceROM features would I have access to?

Good Question-

The only custom code EcuTek puts in the TCM (as of today) is for high-speed data logging and patching Launch Control to work on all the cars.

Later down the road EcuTek will be releasing advanced TCM tables that will allow shift points to be changed.

Currently no ETA on this stuff.

RaceRom Launch Control is handled by the ECM and would require an EcuTek ECM Flash.

In your case you would be better off upgrading your Cobb AP to NIS-006 or switching to full blown EcuTek

I suggest sticking with the Cobb if your already happy.

btw with Cobb's May update can upgrade your Cobb AP NIS-005 --> NIS-006 online - I believe you can do this through your ProTuner.

-John

Edited by John@TheShopCT, 07 May 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#4 VEGASGTR Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

VEGASGTR
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts
is there a way to just get a LC with different boost off the line options..

i.e

can i have say 3500rpms with 7psi, 4000rpms with 6psi..etc.. ?

current: 2014 Z51 A&A supercharged 608whp on 91.

past:
2009 GTR 9.5@150 4.38 60-130
2006 S/C Z06
2002 Twin Turbo Z06

#5 Visconti Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

Visconti
  • Vendors
  • EcuTek Tuner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

View PostVEGASGTR, on 07 May 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

is there a way to just get a LC with different boost off the line options..

i.e

can i have say 3500rpms with 7psi, 4000rpms with 6psi..etc.. ?

Currenlty not at this time.

3500RPMS does seem to the best at the track

The Launch Control works GREAT - but we are still seeking way to improve it ;)

-John

#6 VEGASGTR Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

VEGASGTR
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

View PostJohn@TheShopCT, on 07 May 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

Currenlty not at this time.

3500RPMS does seem to the best at the track

The Launch Control works GREAT - but we are still seeking way to improve it ;)

-John

I really just want to be able to cut a 1.47 with my turbos without spending a ton of money , I would pay for a bad ass LC -1k or so.

past:
2006 S/C Z06
2002 Twin Turbo Z06

#7 Visconti Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

Visconti
  • Vendors
  • EcuTek Tuner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

View PostVEGASGTR, on 07 May 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

I really just want to be able to cut a 1.47 with my turbos without spending a ton of money , I would pay for a bad ass LC -1k or so.

Talk to Chris @ AMS - He's a EcuTek Tuner !

#8 VEGASGTR Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

VEGASGTR
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

View PostJohn@TheShopCT, on 07 May 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

Talk to Chris @ AMS - He's a EcuTek Tuner !

oh snap! did not know that

Ill hit him up tomorrow !

thanks John!

and good luck on that 8 sec pass.. if you do it, it will be pretty epic with very little mods!

past:
2006 S/C Z06
2002 Twin Turbo Z06

#9 Bill@SprayItRacing Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Bill@SprayItRacing
  • Vendors
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts
Looking good.  

I have been using EcuTek for a few weeks now and I am loving all of the features.  I used the Valet Mode a day after I flashed it.  And adjusting the boost on the boost gauge is a whole lot of fun.

Edited by Bill@SprayItRacing, 07 May 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#10 the King Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

the King
  • Members
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts
Is there any way that you can inadvertently mess up your settings with all the available back and forth switching? in other words is it idiot proof?

Tommi Makinen Edition aka Evolution 6.5: full GSR trim, Coilovers.

#11 audioenvy Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

audioenvy
  • Egoist Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

View Postthe King, on 07 May 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

Is there any way that you can inadvertently mess up your settings with all the available back and forth switching? in other words is it idiot proof?

If I understand correctly, it doesn't sound like you're actually able to make the changes other than what you can change using the cruise control (launch RPM and boost level). But your tuner can change all the various things.

Flex fuel 8-second street car tuned by Bill @ SprayItRacing

#12 Visconti Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

Visconti
  • Vendors
  • EcuTek Tuner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

View Postthe King, on 07 May 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

The Map Switching feature is pretty simple

Hold down the Cancel button until the check engine light begins to blink.

Slow Blink is MAP 1

Fast Blink is MAP 2

View Postaudioenvy, on 07 May 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

If I understand correctly, it doesn't sound like you're actually able to make the changes other than what you can change using the cruise control (launch RPM and boost level). But your tuner can change all the various things.

If someone wants a STG1 91/93OCT Map I can do that

I'm guessing most will just the single Map w/ the Adjustable Launch and Boost.

-John

#13 awesome Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

awesome
  • Members
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts
So is BOTL available yet or no?

Iveytune Built GTR - with timeslips to back it up

#14 Visconti Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Visconti
  • Vendors
  • EcuTek Tuner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

View Postawesome, on 08 May 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

So is BOTL available yet or no?

Yes sir

It works very well right now -

Trying to get a few features added to it so it works even better.

-John

#15 amsgtrep Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

amsgtrep
  • R34 Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
Hey John,

I was planning on getting the COBB.  What are the pros of the EcuTek as compared to the COBB.  Which would you recommend?  My car is stock at the moment.  May do the injectors and pumps.  Will the larger injectors and pumps give more power with 93 octane as well?

Thanks,
Matt

2012 GT-R Gunmetal - E85, Walbro 485's, ANSU Injectors, SBD catless DP's, Cobb catted mid-pipe, HKS Legamax, Toyo R888's, EcuTek tune by Ben @ GTC. 10.76 @ 129 6000 DA
2013 Acura MDX
-------
2007 Corvette Z06 SOLD
2006 Corvette Coupe SOLD
2000 Corvette Hardtop SOLD

#16 Visconti Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Visconti
  • Vendors
  • EcuTek Tuner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

View Postamsgtrep, on 08 May 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Hey John,

I was planning on getting the COBB.  What are the pros of the EcuTek as compared to the COBB.  Which would you recommend?  My car is stock at the moment.  May do the injectors and pumps.  Will the larger injectors and pumps give more power with 93 octane as well?

Thanks,
Matt

As you can tell I use both Cobb & EcuTek - they both work great.

Today EcuTek works better on the Gen2 GTRs then the Cobb

EcuTek has the maps and the datalogging needed to tune these cars on both the new and old timing strategy.

EcuTek also has a bunch of cool advanced features - Valet Mode, On-the-fly  Adjustable Launch Control - LC4-5 w/ VCD ON or OFF, on-the-fly adjustable boost. Don't forget Boost Off The Line!

For EcuTek is this just the very beginning of the advanced features they plan on adding/offering.

To fully take advantage of a STG2 setup (downpipes, etc)  you'll need Injectors - only pumps if you want to go e85.

Hope that helps

-John

#17 juniorAWD Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

juniorAWD
  • Members
  • R33 Member

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
Just want to add that John is doing amazing things with Ecutek and the GTR's.
His stg2 e85 mapping had me running 106mph 1/8th hot lapped and hitting the rev limiter on the 1-2. Stuff works great!

For the guys asking about boost out the hole. I can make my 345 MickeyT's do a 330' burn out now just leaving at 3500rpm with boost, before it would just bog bad.

Jr

Careful who you deal with http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/88485-my-experience-with-diesel350-not-a-great-one/
10' Blk/Blk Premium GONE
12' Blue BE 10.18@138.64 on the 20s 1.71 60ft / 6.02 60-130 vbox on the street, Bolt on + e85 JRTUNED
NOW 1244WHP//940TQ 6266 COBB/BL/ETS POWERED JRTUNED 3.31 60-130 full weight, 9.0@170.54 Fastest 3.8ltr GTR
Posted Image

#18 Visconti Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

Visconti
  • Vendors
  • EcuTek Tuner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts
Thanks JR

PMs have been sent!

#19 monEmakindave Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

monEmakindave
  • R35 Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
With Ecutek your not just getting the flash your getting a friend who cares about the scene.

John will help at all times of the day, he will answer any question and provide you the information to help you decide what route to go and not push you to spend more than what you need for your goals.

www.thespeedlounge.com

2011 PW GT-R. EcuTek Tuned by Visconti. Switzer 90mm exhaust 3" intakes, And KW's

#20 Visconti Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

Visconti
  • Vendors
  • EcuTek Tuner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts
Thanks Dave !

PMs have been sent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users